Fire Manny Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'd like to reiterate that my first comment upon hearing that Manny Diaz would be the new HC was,

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

My comment upon hearing Enos would be the OC was

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

My comment upon hearing that Baker would be the DC was

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Advertisement
Enos at a minimum must go. Square hole with a round peg. No sense of flow of the game. And not one carry from Lingard when Burns continued to run right into contact. That alone was my last straw.

Advertisement
This. The only way the BOT will release some of the pressure is to fire Blake James. Then bring in a stud AD who says that he will evaluate all aspects of the program. It would give the fans some small measure of hope. The one dude who could put the fan base at ease... Urban Meyer. Not as HC- but as AD. He is currently the assistant AD at tOSU and making $100k. He's waiting for that ND HC job or he's not coming back to football. Kelly isn't getting fired (healthwise I don't think Meyer is up to coaching anyways). In all likelihood Meyer would only be here for 1-2 years, but it would 1000% make the fan base breathe a sigh of relief even if Manny Diaz is the HC next year because we'd have confidence that Meyer would be in charge of picking the next HC. If he looks at the program and decides Diaz needs more time, I can live with that too as I trust his judgment (when it comes to football).

you have just been dying to find a way to deflect from Diaz. you were jizzing your pants like crazy when he was hired.

There have been a few posts over the past months showing the names and email addresses of all the people who matter at Miami. Time to go nuclear on every single one of their email inboxes.

I’m more embarrassed for anyone that thought we were winning after half time when they announced two OL, Davis and Jordan were out....

Enos can’t game plan at full strength.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is some quick fix stuff. Fire Enos and bring in a spread OC. I like Bill Bedenbaugh but I get that fans want someone who as called plays. So Diaz can do what Coach Orgeron did and hire an OC who was open to having a young buck help him innovate. Hence he got Ensminger as the primary OC and brought in Joe Brady to add spread concepts. Diaz could do the same with his old buddy Larry Fedora and hire Bill Bedenbaugh as the OL coach/co-OC. Fix two problems off the bat. I don't want Fedora alone- we'd just have the same problems again. Bedenbaugh would be the "OC in waiting" since Fedora would likely bounce to a HC gig in a couple years (yes, it's an upgrade for Bedenbaugh as he will NEVER call plays with Riley at Oklahoma). Yes, Diaz could bring someone in to help Enos but Enos doesn't think he needs help.

2nd, Coach Orgeron didn't hire some nobody backwoods hillbilly as his DC. His DC, Aranda, makes nearly as much as he does because he wanted the best in the business. He can worry about the big picture than focus on taking back the defense. Embarrassing that Diaz had to step in at one point this season to help his DC. Diaz needs to put his pride aside and get a DC who is better at defense than him.

Orgeron didnt hire Aranda. He was there from Les Miles. Keep slurping that Latin Peen of Manny.

Manny holding back tears nearly the whole press conf.
His body language is not good at all, and he knows he might have coached his last game here.

Let us pray. Dude knows he found the greater fool in Blake James and that even he has to be thinking he royally screwed the pooch. Richt would have won 10 with this schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back