Fire Manny Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie Taggart. What do I win?
Willie had less Talent year one. Manny has way more talent.
Shocker, @DMoney addresses neither the problem nor the solution.

Newsflash: Manny didn’t hire himself. Richt didn’t hire himself. Perhaps the problems are higher.
Richt wasn't a championship level coach. Ok probably would still be here with a competant OC. Definately wasn't a bad hire. Not saying we couldn't have done better but Miami is definately a better program based on Richts contributions.

Advertisement
Richt wasn't a championship level coach. Ok probably would still be here with a competant OC. Definately wasn't a bad hire. Not saying we couldn't have done better but Miami is definately a better program based on Richts contributions.

Since you feel the need to discuss Richt’s hiring and you were unaware of his tenure at UGA, here we go:

In his last 3 years, he only averaged 9 wins. Which sucks. 10 wins isn't special either.

Here is Mark's tenure in a nutshell:

The Great Years: 2001-2007 (7 Seasons)
- Wins: 72 or 10.3 Wins Per Season
- Conference Titles: 2
- BCS Games: 3

The Sub-Par Years: 2008-2015 (8 Seasons)
- Wins: 73 or 9.1 Wins Per Season
- Conference Titles: 0
- BCS Games: 0

How about Mark's record against relevant coaches/schools?

Against UF:

2001: Spurrier 0-1
2002-04: Zook 1-2
2005-10: Meyer 1-5
2011-15: Muschump 3-1

Against LSU:

2001-04: Saban 1-1 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2001 and 2002)
2005-15: Miles 3-2 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015)

Against Alabama:

2001-02: Franchione 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2001)
2003-06: Shula 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2004, 2005 and 2006)
2006-15: Saban 1-3 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014

Mark was a loser and a failure when he came to Miami. He was fired for being a failure.

I wonder if Manny goes to bed a night cringing at his creation of the "#TNM" slogan when hired and then finishing the season 6-and-6?

...because I would if that were me.

I wonder if Manny goes to bed a night cringing at his creation of the "#TNM" slogan when hired and then finishing the season 6-and-6?

...because I would if that were me.
no he is up all night trying to come up with catchy rebuilding slogans to sell the fan base.

Advertisement
Since you feel the need to discuss Richt’s hiring and you were unaware of his tenure at UGA, here we go:

In his last 3 years, he only averaged 9 wins. Which sucks. 10 wins isn't special either.

Here is Mark's tenure in a nutshell:

The Great Years: 2001-2007 (7 Seasons)
- Wins: 72 or 10.3 Wins Per Season
- Conference Titles: 2
- BCS Games: 3

The Sub-Par Years: 2008-2015 (8 Seasons)
- Wins: 73 or 9.1 Wins Per Season
- Conference Titles: 0
- BCS Games: 0

How about Mark's record against relevant coaches/schools?

Against UF:

2001: Spurrier 0-1
2002-04: Zook 1-2
2005-10: Meyer 1-5
2011-15: Muschump 3-1

Against LSU:

2001-04: Saban 1-1 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2001 and 2002)
2005-15: Miles 3-2 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015)

Against Alabama:

2001-02: Franchione 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2001)
2003-06: Shula 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2004, 2005 and 2006)
2006-15: Saban 1-3 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014

Mark was a loser and a failure when he came to Miami. He was fired for being a failure.
Your literally making my point. You wrote all that to LITERALLY MAKE MY POINT. He wasn't championship level coach. I said that. Above average coach. Great leader. Consistently clean programs. Probably had a high graduation rate. He came is and put us back on the national stage. Improved recruiting classes and got us the IPF. Based on how horrible we were before he got here his tenure could have been better but was definately not a failure. Keep things in perspective. Richts health has probably been on the decline for years. Man just didn't have the fire anymore. He was better than anything we have had in a decade. Was classy enough to bow out in order to help the program. Why are we still bashing Richt?

Your literally making my point. You wrote all that to LITERALLY MAKE MY POINT. He wasn't championship level coach. I said that. Above average coach. Great leader. Consistently clean programs. Probably had a high graduation rate. He came is and put us back on the national stage. Improved recruiting classes and got us the IPF. Based on how horrible we were before he got here his tenure could have been better but was definately not a failure. Keep things in perspective. Richts health has probably been on the decline for years. Man just didn't have the fire anymore. He was better than anything we have had in a decade. Was classy enough to bow out in order to help the program. Why are we still bashing Richt?

Wow. Your point was that he was a failure and we hired a failure?

This is so true. The day Manny was hired, I still remember a post where someone said it was going to be a disaster. I agreed wholeheartedly and boy was this person right!

Why would you hire someone with no HC experience to take over a dying program???????

Advertisement
Wow. Your point was that he was a failure and we hired a failure?
I literally said in my first post that he wasn't a CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL COACH. Tbeing said we didn't have Championship level talent or championship level facilities. Richt helped us with one of those. Drastically upgrading our facilities. Highly unlikely that another coach does that. Much more attractive job for Manny's replacement. You took time out of your night to type a long winded coaching biography up to show he averages 9 to 10 wins in his career. No ****. He was hired at a time when Golden was a disaster. He won the coastal play in ACC championship upgraded facilities upgraded recruiting. His offense was ancient but managed to outscore Enos this year. He bowed out and left the program in a better position than when he found it.

I literally said in my first post that he wasn't a CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL COACH. Tbeing said we didn't have Championship level talent or championship level facilities. Richt helped us with one of those. Drastically upgrading our facilities. Highly unlikely that another coach does that. Much more attractive job for Manny's replacement. You took time out of your night to type a long winded coaching biography up to show he averages 9 to 10 wins in his career. No ****. He was hired at a time when Golden was a disaster. He won the coastal play in ACC championship upgraded facilities upgraded recruiting. His offense was ancient but managed to outscore Enos this year. He bowed out and left the program in a better position than when he found it.

I don’t care about your point, or if there is one either, I am saying that we knew he was a failure at UGA and we hired a failure.

If your goal was to win games, he was a bad candidate to do so. He was a bad hire. You can fluff him all you want, go nuts.

Hence my point.

Manny is not getting fired, one he’s Spanish and it’s not going to look good 2 Blake will not want to look bad so soon...we NEED BLAKE GONE!!!
One he's Spanish??....Lol...I don't give af if his *** was a Brazilian, Lebanese Monk....

Advertisement
I’m not totally giving up on manny but if he doesn’t clean house and that includes his defensive coaches then I’m done with him, there is not a single coach on this teams that deserves to be here, I’ll give rumph a little credit cuz he has coached guys up but can’t recruit…actually after all that clean house and start over it gets real hard to root for a team that can’t beat **** teams, I’m drunk and rambling but this **** needs to stop and stop now

The only thing crazier than retaining a coach who loses to GT, FIU, UNC and Duke in the same season is thinking he'll turn it around after another season.

Advertisement
Manny is not getting fired, one he’s Spanish and it’s not going to look good 2 Blake will not want to look bad so soon...we NEED BLAKE GONE!!!
Manny Diaz is not from Spain.

My grandparents are from Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back