Fire Manny Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is Cristobal will be the front runner for the job...and he's the opposite of Manny he recruits elite players and maybe can hold off bama LSU CU etc. If he can he will be fine and he runs a spread offense. I'm looking for excuses for him to succeed cause we all know he will be the guy they want.

Advertisement
People advising against firing a first-year head coach have to realize he didn't just show up from another program. He's been here 4 years now.

His 3 years as DC here make half of this roster his. He then handpicked Penos the *******. His timeline shouldn't be the same as other coaches since he was promoted from the previous staff.
This. Any argument for keeping him based on needing time to get his players, change the culture, or fully scapegoating Enos is bull****. He recruited half the roster. He created the culture. And he chose Enos after promising the fans a “cutting edge, modern offense.

. If the 4 million we paid Temple had incentives, we could fire him today. A 6-6 season with 5 horrible loses, we could cut Temple. A check for a million and move on!

Advertisement
All I know is Cristobal will be the front runner for the job...and he's the opposite of Manny he recruits elite players and maybe can hold off bama LSU CU etc. If he can he will be fine and he runs a spread offense. I'm looking for excuses for him to succeed cause we all know he will be the guy they want.
Mario would kill it here. Tough disciplinarian, elite recruiter, has the connections to build a great staff, runs a spread, and if he can’t get get our oline up to or then no one can. He should have been the Cuban hired a year ago instead of the fake *** silver spoon in his mouth Nole one. Smh

Mario would kill it here. Tough disciplinarian, elite recruiter, has the connections to build a great staff, runs a spread, and if he can’t get get our oline up to or then no one can. He should have been the Cuban hired a year ago instead of the fake *** silver spoon in his mouth Nole one. Smh
Yea he was a better option with Diaz the worst on the list of names we heard

i tried to tell people manny wasn't a highly regarded coach. no major programs were coming for him.
Personally, i dont like hiring a coach that never played at the college level. look at the coaches who didnt.
Leach, Paul Johnson, Cunfliffe, they are limited to one side of the ball and most of them use gimmicks.
give me a football guy whos had horrible two a days and been hit in cold weather.

Bill Clark at UAB is a good coach. There might be, at most, 6 coaches in the last 50 years who didn't play CFB. On the other side there are hundreds of coaches with CFB experience that weren't successful. So CFB experience isnt really a good metric. There are lots of coaches with college experience that use gimmicks too.

I'd be concerned if a coach didn't play at any level, but plenty of HS's had harder practices than some colleges. For example, my HS was a state powerhouse in football. Then went to a D3 college and probably could have been on the roster as a 7th stringer. Didnt have interest. From friends on the team I heard practice wasn't any harder than HS (actually might have been easier since HS football coach had basically no rules or oversight).

This may surprise you but given the small sample size, it is statistically MORE likely that a HC will play in a BCS game if he didn't play college football than if he did.

Advertisement
D, I respect the **** out of you as a poster, but Wario is a$$. The dude is squeaking by **** PAC 12 teams each week with a future 1st rounder at quarterback. He can recruit, but that won’t do him any good when he can’t win more than 8 games a season. We’ll be right back to where we started in 2 years if we hire Manure 2.0.

Manny is not the guy, we know that. We need to cut bait now.
Unfortunately, that won’t happen. We can scream on here until we’re blue in the face, but it won’t matter. He’s going to get one more year. Just prepare yourself for the misery unless he turns into a genius overnight and completely revamps the coaching staff.

Advertisement
You’re blinded by his moxie, my guy. We can do much better than Wario. People need to recognize that before it’s too late.

I don’t think Mario Cristobal runs a lot of spread looks like a pistol concept with a lot of runs @ Oregon. Idk if that’s just to fit the personnel.

Last edited:
None of those teams are in the conference we can’t win
Yea but we left with regular Joe's and we play against regular Joe's so the games become toss ups. We do have enough to beat an FIU and Duke though. No excuse

Advertisement
Look at the LSU corch who fired his coordinators and has LSU #2 in the country. Im willingt ongive Diaz a chance if he fires Enos, Baker ,Patke , Banda and brings in REAL COACHES. If he does not do that this off season and makes excuses the. Fire Manny Diaz.

This loss is the BEST thing that could have happened to the program because now we will see if Diaz is full of **** or if he has the cojones necessary to make the changes.

So apparently Manny is full of ****. Just heard his post game presser where he made excuses about personnel not giving him a chance because of Injuries against DUKe DUKE!!! Then he said he was proud of the effort lmaooooo. This fraud won't do ****. @Dwinstitles was right about Manure from day 1. Fire Manny.. he does not have the BALLS to make the required changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back