Financial Levels Which We Can't Compete On

Advertisement
***** the facilities, I'll settle for a coach who can recruit and develop So Fla. talent and win the easy-*** Coastal Division, Winning Sells itself

Dude, get off ESPN's nuts. The Coastal champ destroyed a top 10 team from the almighty SEC West. We should win the division, hands down, but everyone acting like it should be a walk in the park is kidding themselves.

We had more talent in our 2-deep than every single team in the Coastal division. Did we play like it? Did the results indicate that fact?

All of these $ and facilities arguments are pointless until we play AT LEAST up to the level of our talent. When we do, if we ever do, then we'll talk about how external factors contribute to the end product.

I agree. Not sure why you quoted my post to make that point.

This is the only advantage we have over any other program.

View attachment 29598

It would be nice to get a coach in here that knows how to utilize it.

And it's the only advantage we need.

That's not true once kids go on visits and 50 million dollar facilities, 80k fans, etc... it changes things, it's not 2001 anymore

Not true. We have been getting top 10 classes while the NCAA has been going on and been ****** for 10 years. We have **** coaches that's our problem.

Kids want to win more than anything. If they are winning, the exposure/fan worship will naturally accompany. Upgrading facilities are for those programs that have to lure kids to their otherwise undesirable locales. Miami doesn't have that problem. It's situated in a naturally beautiful area with tons of activities for the kids to partake in. We don't need to join an arms race....we just need to win. When Miami is rolling, there's NO OTHER PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT CAN COMPETE WITH US FOR KIDS-PERIOD.

Advertisement
Clemson needs **** like this too attract kids.

Miami does not.

We just need a competent coaching staff.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...on-of-62-million-football-complex-locker-room

Clemson's Board of Trustees approved Friday the construction of a new football complex, one Dabo Swinney said "will be the home of Clemson football for a very long time."

Per an announcement on the Clemson athletics site, the planned 157,000-square-foot complex will include locker rooms, coach's offices, meeting rooms, a dining area, and other amenities. The price tag: $62 million, to be "financed completely by the athletic department and IPTAY," the Clemson donors club, according to the announcement.

Construction is projected to begin in 2016 for a 2017 opening.

The complex will be directly adjacent to the Tigers' existing indoor practice facility and practice fields.

“It will allow our operation to be in one place, which will be a great benefit to our student-athletes, coaches and football administration," Swinney said. "This complex will be one of the best in the nation and will allow us to continue our pursuit to be among the best programs in the country.”

From the Post and Courier, why Swinney might be particularly excited about the complex's location:

Currently, Clemson's locker room and 80,000-square foot indoor facility are separated by Perimeter Road, meaning players dress at Death Valley and take a short tram ride to and from practice, an increasingly bumbling process considering NCAA-governed weekly limits on student-athlete practice time.

The Schwartz Center is about 1/5 the size of this proposed building.

big difference between Clemson SC and Coral Gables but the "cant compete" argument is a fallacy. UM does not want to spend the money and never has. They have lived off of great coaches and great players. Problem is that the past 10 years they have made bad hires , invested even less into the program and fewer elite players want to come here. They made their bed now they have to lay in it. they want to remain loyal to a man that has never won anything. They deserve every bit of criticism. Cannot wait to see this **** blow up in their faces.

I refuse to invest or promote any and all things miami until they decide that this is important. **** it...shut the ******* thing down and focus on lacrosse or water polo.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened but can anyone point to a highly ranked kid that chose to go elsewhere that cited facilities as the first or major reason? I'm not even talking stadium here. Just facilities. I kinda think those type of things only come into play when a kid needs a tie-breaker. The current state of our program precludes most kids that leave from even getting to that point in their decision making process and us being good (not even great) on the field would preclude most kids from getting there when they decide to stay. I just think there are so many other variables with us that come into play that actual facilities is overblown.

That said, it doesn't excuse our negligence on the matter as it's embarrassing. Good for the Schwartz family but let's be honest- we're going to hear about their "massive" donation for the next 50 years at every freakin' home game whereas real programs get that level or higher donation on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
High school coaches are saying we are not doing enough in recruiting, we are not up to standard in facilities, we are not producing wins.

Alabama, FSU, UF, Nebraska, USC, Ohio State even Clemson, the list goes on and on are dedicated to doing these things its we either adapt or get left behind.

Everything is important and while recruits pick schools for various reasons, facilities can be the deciding factor if everything is essentially equal. Winning and losing matters more than anything, but those saying facilities don't matter, see this article. It touches on everything, yes....even facilities.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/86233-So-Al-Folden-is-Lazy-!
Except that very few, if any, are saying that facilities don't matter.

In fact, no-one has said that.

I bet the number one reason Auburn land recruits out side of their pipeline is their facilities... The internet has made the world a smaller place.. kid can go in his pocket and call/text/instagram home in a instant...use to worry about long distance calls... The days of SFL kids staying home because its close and they are loyal to the home team are over... you need something more.. going on visit with Shaq i see that Miami is in last place in terms of facilities. ..the dorms at Auburn are part of the tour.. facilities are very important Miami is at a financial disadvantage but need to be creative... The kids need another reason besides proximity to stay home

I bet the number one reason Auburn land recruits out side of their pipeline is their facilities... The internet has made the world a smaller place.. kid can go in his pocket and call/text/instagram home in a instant...use to worry about long distance calls... The days of SFL kids staying home because its close and they are loyal to the home team are over... you need something more.. going on visit with Shaq i see that Miami is in last place in terms of facilities. ..the dorms at Auburn are part of the tour.. facilities are very important Miami is at a financial disadvantage but need to be creative... The kids need another reason besides proximity to stay home

I bet the number one reason is that they have a winning program with good recruiters who have something to sell to recruits.

Advertisement

I bet the number one reason is that they have a winning program with good recruiters who have something to sell to recruits.

Remember 3 years ago Auburn only won 3 or 4 games...thats why Malzhan got hired

Fvck the elite teams. We can't even beat the schit teams with schit talent on their rosters.

Why the fvck are we even talking about facilities? I could see people complaining about the facilities if we were doing our job against the lower programs but even the programs in worse geographical positions and worse financial positions with worse talent are beating us.

Wake the fvck up you ******* excuse making **** gobblers.

Remember 3 years ago Auburn only won 3 or 4 games...thats why Malzhan got hired

They won a national title in 2010 and played in the title game in 2013.

As Franchise said, recruits are going to Auburn because they want to play in Malzhan's offense/Muschamps' defense, Auburn has been very successful in the past 5 years and they have good recruiters on staff. And I guess a nice way to put this is that Auburn is willing to do whatever it takes to land some of the top prospects...

Advertisement
Hhmmm, there was just an article in the Herald where So. Florida high school coaches talked about how important facilities are to recruits these days. The new center at Miami looks like dog **** compared to what Georgia has had since the late 80's or early 90's. Football is not important to the Admin at Miami.

Advertisement
Back