Financial Levels Which We Can't Compete On

Folden's faqqots insist on continuing to force feed lame excuses to the retarded masses. It's truly insane how deep their crush runs.

Yeah what kind of ***got *** coaches and staffs want better facilities to recruit players right? Some **** *** ***gots who can't coach.

I mean look at this coach I randomly picked, this ***** made *** boy who begged his program for upgrades:

Butch Davis says that the expansion of Kenan Stadium is critical from the standpoint of keeping up with other extensive stadium renovations going on throughout the Atlantic Coast Conference and the nation as a whole.

Thirteen years have gone by since the last major expansion project in Kenan---the addition of the Kenan Football Center in the West end zone back in the 1990s.

"If there was one major change in college football over the last 20 years it's the growth of stadium expansion---of weight rooms and media rooms---all the things that go along with the trappings of a big-time college football program," he said.

"Used to nobody really ever cared. There wasn't really an arms race to try to say who has the best facilities."

"I know when we started our stadium expansion a couple years ago, they had done a survey and like 60 of the Division I football-playing schools had done some type of renovation to their stadium in the previous five years," Davis added.

"If you're not careful, you look around and all of a sudden what you think is a fairly good situation, all of a sudden you find out you've got the worst facilities in your conference."

Carolina brought in Davis to turn around a program that had floundered since Mack Brown left for Texas after the 1997 season. Davis inherited a program that was short on talent at the end of John Bunting’s tenure but restocked the roster with some blockbuster recruiting classes. He also pushed for, and received, significant upgrades to Kenan Stadium.

The first phase of the Kenan Stadium Master plan was completed in time for the 2009 football season. A fifth floor was added to the Kenan Football Center, which contains additional space for the day-to-day operations of the football program, four gameday gathering areas, a larger video and studio facility and a state-of-the-art press conference area. The second floor was completely renovated for increased football meeting spaces, including bigger individual position meeting rooms and a larger team meeting room. Fourth floor renovations included additional office space for football support staff. The first floor players' locker room was also completely renovated.

Butch Davis and North Carolina athletics director **** Baddour discussed possible facility upgrades before Davis was hired as UNC's head football coach in November.

Total *****.

Didn't UM just upgrade their facilities with the opening of the Schwartz Center, you whiny rummy?

All you whiny bytches with your money and facility excuses do is provide a crutch for your crush. He's not the worst coach in the history of the program because we don't have a practice bubble.

Our facilities aren't as good as Clemson or bama's. And their recruiting bases (prior to Folden letting them take ours) are nowhere near as good as ours.

There are trade offs in every area off life. UM is the natural beauty, and Clemson is the injected, spackled chick with bolt ons.

Our facilities are good enough to help produce a winning football team. Anything said other than that is just nerdy faqqots digging for excuses for their crush.

You grandpa's are stuck in the 80s where kids don't have the internet and know nothing of the world outside of Dade and Broward. It's sad.

Also, lol at thinking that this is about making excuses for Al Golden. Golden blows. So do our facilities. Both harm the program.

Advertisement
scheme-against-georgia-tech.jpg

Facilities don't fix this.

***** the facilities, I'll settle for a coach who can recruit and develop So Fla. talent and win the easy-*** Coastal Division, Winning Sells itself

Dude, get off ESPN's nuts. The Coastal champ destroyed a top 10 team from the almighty SEC West. We should win the division, hands down, but everyone acting like it should be a walk in the park is kidding themselves.

Exactly. Facilities don't do anything for frog stances, 2 gapping, or going 6-7 in year 4 with a team full of NFL talent.

It's amazing how people complicate our situation much more than they really should.

Exactly. Facilities don't do anything for frog stances, 2 gapping, or going 6-7 in year 4 with a team full of NFL talent.

It's amazing how people complicate our situation much more than they really should.

It's just dopey Folden stragglers like drfresh trying to show everyone how it's not really Folden's fault even though he gives lip service to not liking Folden.

Advertisement

It's just dopey Folden stragglers like drfresh trying to show everyone how it's not really Folden's fault even though he gives lip service to not liking Folden.
I love how these guys always preface everything they post with, "Guys I want Golden gone just as much as the next guy but [insert reason that is beyond Golden's control]"

I love how these guys always preface everything they post with, "Guys I want Golden gone just as much as the next guy but [insert reason that is beyond Golden's control]"

My biggest thing is why the **** would anyone be making excuses for someone making just over 2 million a year. ***** this guy. He ***** on the same people making excuses for him with #thenoise. He had time to fix the ****, should have been canned at the end of last year.

This is not a good argument. If we didn't have ANY decent facilities, I'd better understand. Apparently, some of you don't talk to actual players and recruits. They care about this stuff, sure, but...

...UP TO A CERTAIN POINT.

Once a school has reached that certain point, where players feel comfortable, feel like they can develop, etc., no amount of hot tubs or pretty facilities will attract them further. But, you know what will?

Being made to look better on the field. So that they don't have to scratch and claw in post-season All-Star games to prove they're actually better than their film. That makes kids risk $. And, for a bunch of ultra-talented kids from South Florida, it often (right now) overrides their comfort of staying home vs going to Alabama to live for 3 years.

Just ******* win.

***** the facilities, I'll settle for a coach who can recruit and develop So Fla. talent and win the easy-*** Coastal Division, Winning Sells itself

Dude, get off ESPN's nuts. The Coastal champ destroyed a top 10 team from the almighty SEC West. We should win the division, hands down, but everyone acting like it should be a walk in the park is kidding themselves.

We had more talent in our 2-deep than every single team in the Coastal division. Did we play like it? Did the results indicate that fact?

All of these $ and facilities arguments are pointless until we play AT LEAST up to the level of our talent. When we do, if we ever do, then we'll talk about how external factors contribute to the end product.

Advertisement

It's such a weak and obvious game. The **** soaked voices of reason.

This is not a good argument. If we didn't have ANY decent facilities, I'd better understand. Apparently, some of you don't talk to actual players and recruits. They care about this stuff, sure, but...

...UP TO A CERTAIN POINT.

Once a school has reached that certain point, where players feel comfortable, feel like they can develop, etc., no amount of hot tubs or pretty facilities will attract them further. But, you know what will?

Being made to look better on the field. So that they don't have to scratch and claw in post-season All-Star games to prove they're actually better than their film. That makes kids risk $. And, for a bunch of ultra-talented kids from South Florida, it often (right now) overrides their comfort of staying home vs going to Alabama to live for 3 years.

Just ******* win.

Exactly. These clowns are acting like UM is using Soloflex machines and straps from the 80s and rusted out Joe Weider barbells with those sand-filled plates from Sears.

Everyone wants nice facilities. And trust that most of the kids UM should be recruiting from South Florida think UM looks like a king's palace compared to what they're used to being around.

Win, and all this whining and pretext about money and facilities disappears.

Facilities matter to the bling generation and if there was a graph showing money spent on facility upgrades in the last decade, the upward curve would look like the North Face of K2. Sure as **** it matters, but you can still win with decent rather than great facilities. I don't see anyone else saying otherwise in this thread.

I will say we're most certainly in danger of being priced out of today's elite programs. People love to say we never had the facilities of our competitors when we were running a train on them. Yes, that's true, but the gap then wasn't as wide as it is now. The same is true on what coaches are costing. Hopefully the new powers that be coming in will show a commitment to being on top, but that also requires the BOT's who thus far haven't seemingly given a ****. Donna is what she is, but the real power is with the BOT's.

Win championships and put multiple players in the NFL every year and suddenly kids won't be so "concerned" with buildings and facilities. The whole goal of every one of these kids is to get paid to play football, which most would prefer to be by checks endorsed by the NFL and not a envelope stuffed with cash delivered by some shady dude.

I think it's already been proven that you don't need great facilities to become a great NFL player. You do however need determination, dedication, great coaching and people/teammates around you to push you to be your best. Facilities are for show, results are what actually matter when it all comes down to it. Most of these kids would play in a parking lot and work out in a basement if it significantly increased their chances of being a successful pro.

Advertisement
Take the 62 millón and give it to Nick saban over 6 years with a pardon from the city of Miami for his his ****** way of leaving the dolphins. Until Clemson gets rid of dabo they can spend all they want and they are not winning ****.

Advertisement
Everything is important and while recruits pick schools for various reasons, facilities can be the deciding factor if everything is essentially equal. Winning and losing matters more than anything, but those saying facilities don't matter, see this article. It touches on everything, yes....even facilities.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/86233-So-Al-Folden-is-Lazy-!
Except that very few, if any, are saying that facilities don't matter.

Bingo. They matter but facilities are so far down the list of what is hindering Miami recruiting right now that isn't worthwhile to discuss at this point.

Nice facility and the state of south carolina surrounding it .... or decent facility in a international major city with the best looking women on earth .

Yeah just fire the coach . Daniel Jeremiah said in the early 2000's usc an miami had the worst facilities lol

Upgrade them accordingly . They rarely sway a local kid to leave .

Advertisement
Back