Finally getting Pope the ball in space

Right now, Pope, KJ and Brevin are all better receivers than Jeff Thomas. I was very disappointed in what I saw on that first potential TD that got dropped. Not because he dropped it (it's tough to adjust on the fly to a tipped ball like that) but because when I watched the reply, the ball was terribly thrown and should have been picked, you could see with Jeff's body language in slo mo that he recognized that and just kind of let himself continue drifting back on his route those last couple steps instead of lunging at that **** DB and doing everything he could to break it up. Then when the DB didn't make the play, it looked to me like JT4 was downright surprised the ball had come through, which is why he was so slow to react and it hit him in the chest, literally. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that jumped off the screen to me when I saw that reply. Like he had mentally given up on the play figuring it was an INT. If that's the case, that is ******* awful! Really telling, in a bad bad way.

Hopefully I smoked too much last night and this was all just in my imagination.
NO, you are correct. I was sober for you and saw the exact same thing you did. I like KJ to but Pope is my dude and I don't have to explain Jordan and Dallas.

Advertisement
We have too much talent to be struggling to move the ball and score....

simpletons like you and other CIS trogs see it as we expect Bilentkoff award winners at WR and Heisman numbers at RB when all were saying is if their doubling Brevin you have JT4 and KJ to throw too.... if your running game gets lame duck get your QB some zone read keepers

Too much high level talent to go 3 quarters like we did last night having less than 50yarda total
No I see it as a oline problem..yes we have talent on the outside. But they need time too win too..the oline has to block in zone read keepers btw..matter of fact give me one offensive design for a explosive play were good oline play isn’t needed

Right now, Pope, KJ and Brevin are all better receivers than Jeff Thomas. I was very disappointed in what I saw on that first potential TD that got dropped. Not because he dropped it (it's tough to adjust on the fly to a tipped ball like that) but because when I watched the reply, the ball was terribly thrown and should have been picked, you could see with Jeff's body language in slo mo that he recognized that and just kind of let himself continue drifting back on his route those last couple steps instead of lunging at that **** DB and doing everything he could to break it up. Then when the DB didn't make the play, it looked to me like JT4 was downright surprised the ball had come through, which is why he was so slow to react and it hit him in the chest, literally. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that jumped off the screen to me when I saw that reply. Like he had mentally given up on the play figuring it was an INT. If that's the case, that is ******* awful! Really telling, in a bad bad way.

I'll have to look at it. Often find negatives when I seek them out...

I would make my Offensive Focus in the passing Game, Brevin Jordan, Pope, Osborn and Wiggins right now. Need that bigger Speedy WR on the Field in Wiggins.

Jeff Thomas would come off the Bench.

No Elite teams Rotate that much at the WR Position!!!

Advertisement
NO, you are correct. I was sober for you and saw the exact same thing you did. I like KJ to but Pope is my dude and I don't have to explain Jordan and Dallas.
Well, fvck! I try not to spend my time being negative and complaining on this forum. Not that those that do are wrong, by any means, just not how I like to spend my energy. But if everyone agrees with what I saw, that sh-t warrants massive criticism. That's not a matter of talent, or making a play, or luck or bad luck, etc. No, that's simply a matter of effort; that's a dude completely checking out on a crucial play. And, sadly, that speaks volumes about JT4, like it or not.

I'll have to look at it. Often find negatives when I seek them out...
I wasn't seeking anything negative out at all. Maybe had my eyes on Jeff more than usual because I had money on him over 3.5 catches. Lol But like I said above, man, that sh-t just jumped off the screen at me when I saw the slo mo replay. I was surprised it wasn't being talked about more on here.

Advertisement
Geez what a concept that the guy is just faster and more elusive than anything a defense can put on him.

Maybe try getting the 5 star WR the ball more? It seems to work.

He is still learning the playbook. Watch closely and you’ll see he still runs wrong routes. He’s not dependable nor consistent. Maybe the OC knows more than you...

blows me away how long it takes Miami to make their local stars shine, you want to keep the stud recruits home? phucking play them, feature them and make them successful and your job becomes so much easier on the recruiting front

Advertisement
JT Poor doesn't need to be returning kicks. He looks like his dog just died when he has to watch another touchback sail over his head. And he's not a good kick returner.

blows me away how long it takes Miami to make their local stars shine, you want to keep the stud recruits home? phucking play them, feature them and make them successful and your job becomes so much easier on the recruiting front

Dude, pope doesn’t know the playbook. There is more to it than just being rated highly...

Advertisement
Right now, Pope, KJ and Brevin are all better receivers than Jeff Thomas. I was very disappointed in what I saw on that first potential TD that got dropped. Not because he dropped it (it's tough to adjust on the fly to a tipped ball like that) but because when I watched the replay, the ball was terribly thrown and should have been picked, you could see with Jeff's body language in slo mo that he recognized that and just kind of let himself continue drifting back on his route those last couple steps instead of lunging at that **** DB and doing everything he could to break it up. Then when the DB didn't make the play, it looked to me like JT4 was downright surprised the ball had come through, which is why he was so slow to react and it hit him in the chest, literally. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that jumped off the screen to me when I saw that replay. Like he had mentally given up on the play figuring it was an INT. If that's the case, that is ******* awful! Really telling, in a bad bad way.

Pretty much. Thomas' attitude is going to prevent him from fulfilling his potential.

I thought Thomas was as low as 4th maybe 5th before last week's game, but was hoepful he'd show up.

I was at a high school game last night and was able to slip away and catch the second half, didn't see much from Thomas, saw on stats he had 3 for 14 yards was he injured or did I miss it, I was catching up on some drinking?

Advertisement
Back