Fields disses Martell a year later? Twitter thinks so.

Yeah, Tate could be the biggest dlck in the book, but you don’t publicly diss a teammate like that. That’s breaking the code. And I am 100% putting this on Manny.

Any other coach with a backbone would tear Campbell a new *******. Not because he dislikes Tate, if you’ve ever played a sport, you know that there are some teammates that hate each other, but because he took it out of the house. This is the shlt that really bothers me about Manny.

You never take this shlt out of the house.
Do you put it on Manny when players support each other on social media? Or does this just fit the agenda? Not white knighting for Manny by any means but you don’t hear much about players getting in trouble, so does manny get credit for that too?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d like to see King mentor Tate on some things. Tate’s style of play was suppose to be similar to what we saw from King at Houston.

Martell has made his own bed with his decisons and comments hes made but lets not act like Fields wasn't handed and gift wrapped the job.

Moreover, I don't want a QB who isn't confident verging on ****y.

I promise, Dorsey may have been our most humble winning QB in program history, and even he was more confident than people know...probably based on the all world squad around him. Kelly, Testy, Erickson, Mira, Walsh, Kosar, Toretta, etc etc....all had a chip...and I loved it.

****, Berlin had it. Many of our fans hated him too for some reason. I loved the guy. He didn't "fit" our system either.....but wore being a Cane on his sleeve and took it out on the Turds. Took balls for him, in the same way...to go to an under center system growing up at Evangel in shotgun.

UM

Tate needs to move to WR if he wants to play. That position group doesn’t have a single guy I trust right now and if he really puts in the work, it’s possible he could get meaningful snaps.

Advertisement
Did he? I don't recall that. Also, it appeared that dude came here and tried to fit in, including staying after practice to work on reps w/ Osborne. His testing numbers were way better than both JW and Perry in the off season program, yet he was buried on the depth chart. We now see that Enos was a class ***, yet the hate for Tate continues on.

I mean the fans here hate on Tate more than JW and JT4, both of whom quit on us DURING the season. So I'm just not seeing the hate. If he's not good enough to play D1 football as a QB, OK....but don't know why Miami fans continually look for ways to pick at him. Dude didn't transfer when he didn't get QB1, tried to playing WR, he's still here even though another transfer came through who's all but guaranteed the job. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Too me it’s simple. Going into 2019 offseason/spring practice you had factions within the fanbase about who was gonna be the QB1..some was on kosi..others thought Jarren..then Tate, a former high 4star from a winning prof who sat behind A nfl draft pick and a very good QB on the CFB level that was expected to compete for that job decide to transfer to Miami..so he had the hype. Now from all accounts, Tate came in worked hard, tried to fit in the lockeroom. Even when Enos clearly wasn’t a fit for Tate’s skills from a fundamental standpoint u never got reports of disgruntled or **** in social from Tate...some here, including myself was all for Tate coming in a winning the job because I for one didn’t believe in Kosi or jarren to handle qb1. Not because of talent but because of maturity issues..the push back and hate on Tate seemed to come from fans of kosi and jarren..which I don’t understand why a fan would hate on a player in their team

Can someone please tell me the reason why Tate gets so much hate? Did I miss something?

It’s weird.

John Campbell doesn’t need to pick at anyone or talk **** in a public forum. He was trash last year and a walking turnstile. The best thing that happened to him was Zion sucked worse and took the focus off his major suckage.

Did he? I don't recall that. Also, it appeared that dude came here and tried to fit in, including staying after practice to work on reps w/ Osborne. His testing numbers were way better than both JW and Perry in the off season program, yet he was buried on the depth chart. We now see that Enos was a class ***, yet the hate for Tate continues on.

I mean the fans here hate on Tate more than JW and JT4, both of whom quit on us DURING the season. So I'm just not seeing the hate. If he's not good enough to play D1 football as a QB, OK....but don't know why Miami fans continually look for ways to pick at him. Dude didn't transfer when he didn't get QB1, tried to playing WR, he's still here even though another transfer came through who's all but guaranteed the job. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Tate actually did quit the team multiple times last year, he took an "extended leave of absence" in the middle of the season because he simply just stopped going to practice for **** near a whole month.

And he definitely doesn't get more hate than JT4 from our fans, he gets hate from outside fans on Twitter, but most Canes fans don't hate Tate at all, in fact he's probably one of the most defended players on the team on this board.

The reason he gets heat on Twitter is because Barstool sports made him a meme after he talked big shìt on Twitter once Fields transferred into Oh St & then he transferred out lost his QB competition.

Tate brought a lot of it on himself because he used talk a lot on Twitter & people would clown on him because if it.

Trust me bro, it's not Canes fans that get on Tate, it's other college football fans that just like to get at him because he used to be like a mini Manziel on social media before being humbled last year.

I don't have a problem with him, but I used have to a lot of arguments with people on here who swore that Tate was the Messiah lol. A lot delusional people felt that because he had a good game in mop up duty vs Rutgers at Oh St that he would kill it here, but now that that's been proven otherwise & it's just tumble weeds lol.

He was even struggling the first week of Spring camp before everything was shutdown, maybe he could play somewhere eventually, but a lot of people within the fan base have still yet to come to terms that he simply just doesn't have the arm talent to play QB here.

Advertisement
Tate actually did quit the team multiple times last year, he took an "extended leave of absence" in the middle of the season because he simply just stopped going to practice for **** near a whole month.

And he definitely doesn't get more hate than JT4 from our fans, he gets hate from outside fans on Twitter, but most Canes fans don't hate Tate at all, in fact he's probably one of the most defended players on the team on this board.

The reason he gets heat on Twitter is because Barstool sports made him a meme after he talked big shìt on Twitter once Fields transferred into Oh St & then he transferred out lost his QB competition.

Tate brought a lot of it on himself because he used talk a lot on Twitter & people would clown on him because if it.

Trust me bro, it's not Canes fans that get on Tate, it's other college football fans that just like to get at him because he used to be like a mini Manziel on social media before being humbled last year.

I don't have a problem with him, but I used have to a lot of arguments with people on here who swore that Tate was the Messiah lol. A lot delusional people felt that because he had a good game in mop up duty vs Rutgers at Oh St that he would kill it here, but now that that's been proven otherwise & it's just tumble weeds lol.

He was even struggling the first week of Spring camp before everything was shutdown, maybe he could play somewhere eventually, but a lot of people within the fan base have still yet to come to terms that he simply just doesn't have the arm talent to play QB here.
Yea it’s funny Thomas got bashed constantly here for “quitting” even tho we don’t know what the full story was back in 2018 and the full story will never come out.

Tate ain’t contributing ****. Y’all in here talkin bout “awwww why is everybody hating on tate?” Kuz he kept quittin and running home when **** got tough. At least John Campbell was in the trenches trying

He’s literally one of the last guys who needs to talk or take shots, I’m sure Tate could’ve sucked as bad as Campbell if he’d played.

Tate was far from the only issue , Jarren too. There was a lot of idiots on that team that gave zero ***** about the season and taking it serious.

Just because they were there physically on Saturday’s didn’t mean they cared or wasn’t doing very immature **** leading up to games.

Too me it’s simple. Going into 2019 offseason/spring practice you had factions within the fanbase about who was gonna be the QB1..some was on kosi..others thought Jarren..then Tate, a former high 4star from a winning prof who sat behind A nfl draft pick and a very good QB on the CFB level that was expected to compete for that job decide to transfer to Miami..so he had the hype. Now from all accounts, Tate came in worked hard, tried to fit in the lockeroom. Even when Enos clearly wasn’t a fit for Tate’s skills from a fundamental standpoint u never got reports of disgruntled or **** in social from Tate...some here, including myself was all for Tate coming in a winning the job because I for one didn’t believe in Kosi or jarren to handle qb1. Not because of talent but because of maturity issues..the push back and hate on Tate seemed to come from fans of kosi and jarren..which I don’t understand why a fan would hate on a player in their team

Amen.

****, most of those who hated him treated him like the number one QB on earth when we got him. He just wasn't...so their lack of understanding about a dual threat guy with an average at best arm led to unrealistic expectations. Fromm and Fields were always more prototypical big QBs that could run and sling it. We normally aren't in the market for those high price guys.

Advertisement
He’s literally one of the last guys who needs to talk or rake shots, I’m sure Tate could’ve sucked as bad as Campbell if he’d played.

Tate was far from the only issue , Jarren too. There was a lot of idiots on that team that gave zero ***** about the season and taking it serious.

Just because they were there physically on Saturday’s didn’t mean they cared or wasn’t very immature **** leading up to it.
I’m pretty sure there were but I’m talkin bout Campbell. John Campbell played hard. Was he perfect? No but you can’t say you couldn’t tell he was playing hard on the oline. He was ok as a guard. If tate is ok with doing what he does he gotta be ok with what comes with it

Come on man, Tate was getting destroyed by half the fan base the minute he showed up.

I’m not a Tate guy , and I’ve ripped him plenty of times for the “ taking time away “ crap. But like I said there was lots of guys checked out on this roster, doing idiotic **** actual day of games.

Fair play by Fields.

Tate needs to move to WR immediately. He’s wasting time at QB and has an opportunity at WR if he commits to it.
I respectfully disagree. I think Tate will continue to develop and become a formidable threat to start after d’eric king leaves. Moreover this offense we have now is built for his skills. There is a reason why he went undefeated in Highschool and had elite offers coming out. Just my 2 cents on it.

Come on man, Tate was getting destroyed by half the fan base the minute he showed up.

I’m not a Tate guy , and I’ve ripped him plenty of times for the “ taking time away “ crap. But like I said there was lots of guys checked out on this roster, doing idiotic **** actual day of games.
Tate got booed at a spring by some

Advertisement
Back