Fields disses Martell a year later? Twitter thinks so.

I respectfully disagree. I think Tate will continue to develop and become a formidable threat to start after d’eric king leaves. Moreover this offense we have now is built for his skills. There is a reason why he went undefeated in Highschool and had elite offers coming out. Just my 2 cents on it.

I thought he had a chance in the new offense, but he looked pretty bad in spring.

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure there were but I’m talkin bout Campbell. John Campbell played hard. Was he perfect? No but you can’t say you couldn’t tell he was playing hard on the oline. He was ok as a guard. If tate is ok with doing what he does he gotta be ok with what comes with it

He sucked less at guard but still sucked. I pay a lot attention to the ol , literally watching replays and spend the entire replay to the ol. Campbell was fat and slow off the ball at every spot. Guard wasn’t as bad because he got help and wasn’t on an island. He was still bad. The ol was bad all year, they were just awful at moments so it makes the bad moments look like improvement.

I respectfully disagree. I think Tate will continue to develop and become a formidable threat to start after d’eric king leaves. Moreover this offense we have now is built for his skills. There is a reason why he went undefeated in Highschool and had elite offers coming out. Just my 2 cents on it.
If you Tailor a system to fit Tate’s strengths, get the ball out quick to playmakers, let him use his legs etc he can definitely be effective. Kids not a scrub imo as he’s made out to be. But what u can’t do is give him 1drive behind the 2019 offensive line coupled with a offense that wasn’t in sync at a all and except him to just light it up

He sucked less at guard but still sucked. I pay a lot attention to the ol , literally watching replays and spend the entire replay to the ol. Campbell was fat and slow off the ball at every spot. Guard wasn’t as bad because he got help and wasn’t on an island. He was still bad. The ol was bad all year, they were just awful at moments so it makes the bad moments look like improvement.
Who was worse in the Florida game him or Zion?

Tate got booed at a spring by some

Yep, he was getting destroyed by at least half the fan base the moment he got here. Not sure how people forgot how bad it was.

Dude is inaccurate as **** and his mechanics are still a mess. He’s never going to be a qb but let’s not act like he wasn’t trashed before all his issues during the season.

Advertisement
Come on man, Tate was getting destroyed by half the fan base the minute he showed up.

I’m not a Tate guy , and I’ve ripped him plenty of times for the “ taking time away “ crap. But like I said there was lots of guys checked out on this roster, doing idiotic **** actual day of games.
Naw, not the minture he showed, he didn't get heat from Canes fans until he lost the QB comp to Jarren.

There was a large contingency of Tate fans when he arrived who crowned him the next great. Remember the Tate Super fan who used to post on here?

No one disagrees that he wasn't the only one who quit & was immature last year, a lot of players were, but Tate was absolutely one of them. He flat out stopped showing up, part of that had to do with Enos constantly lying about getting him PT & involving him in the offense, but let's not pretend Tate didn't spend a majority of the year chasing after his girlfriend & was simply not even present.

Look at the end of the day, most of the heat Tate got he brought on himself, he's not a poor innocent victim. Do I feel like he should still be bashed or made fun of, no, not at all. But most Canes fans don't even talk about Tate anymore, anybody still clowning Tate are not Canes fans.

I'm telling you, it's because of Barstool Sports, they made it worse for him lol.

Who was worse in the Florida game him or Zion?

Both were atrocities but Zion edged him out. It’s crazy to believe it was close , if Zion wasn’t playing Campbell would’ve been the guy getting destroyed after that game. The worst tackle play by a unit I’ve seen in my 35 plus years of watching football.

Advertisement
My big issue with him however is the quitting twice or missing games during the season. He may or may not have had good reason to miss those games but when your a quarterback/ leader you just can’t do those things and it’s not a good look. One could assume that this kind of behavior shows that you can’t handle adversity.

Tate actually did quit the team multiple times last year, he took an "extended leave of absence" in the middle of the season because he simply just stopped going to practice for **** near a whole month.

And he definitely doesn't get more hate than JT4 from our fans, he gets hate from outside fans on Twitter, but most Canes fans don't hate Tate at all, in fact he's probably one of the most defended players on the team on this board.

The reason he gets heat on Twitter is because Barstool sports made him a meme after he talked big shìt on Twitter once Fields transferred into Oh St & then he transferred out lost his QB competition.

Tate brought a lot of it on himself because he used talk a lot on Twitter & people would clown on him because if it.

Trust me bro, it's not Canes fans that get on Tate, it's other college football fans that just like to get at him because he used to be like a mini Manziel on social media before being humbled last year.

I don't have a problem with him, but I used have to a lot of arguments with people on here who swore that Tate was the Messiah lol. A lot delusional people felt that because he had a good game in mop up duty vs Rutgers at Oh St that he would kill it here, but now that that's been proven otherwise & it's just tumble weeds lol.

He was even struggling the first week of Spring camp before everything was shutdown, maybe he could play somewhere eventually, but a lot of people within the fan base have still yet to come to terms that he simply just doesn't have the arm talent to play QB here.

I dunno El,

I gotta disagree pimp. My guy was getting big hate the moment he transferred here. Some were happy, while others were calling him a quitter. ****, I had to create a thread on ninjas acting like lil' ho's going on his twitter page and roasting him. OUR fan base. Dude did take extended leaves. My ninja, I took an extended leave from last season. lol.

I don't think he'll ever be a QB here, but the kid is trying. It's like people are mad that he wasn't a savior or something.

Naw, not the minture he showed, he didn't get heat from Canes fans until he lost the QB comp to Jarren.

There was a large contingency of Tate fans when he arrived who crowned him the next great. Remember the Tate Super fan who used to post on here?

No one disagrees that he wasn't the only one who quit & was immature last year, a lot of players were, but Tate was absolutely one of them. He flat out stopped showing up, part of that had to do with Enos constantly lying about getting him PT & involving him in the offense, but let's not pretend Tate didn't spend a majority of the year chasing after his girlfriend & was simply not even present.

Look at the end of the day, most of the heat Tate got he brought on himself, he's not a poor innocent victim. Do I feel like he should still be bashed or made fun of, no, not at all. But most Canes fans don't even talk about Tate anymore, anybody still clowning Tate are not Canes fans.

I'm telling you, it's because of Barstool Sports, they made it worse for him lol.

He was getting booed at the spring game lol. It was toxic the moment he showed up. At very least half the board and fan base. We can always bump the threads from his first spring lol.

Advertisement
Both were atrocities but Zion edged him out. It’s crazy to believe it was close , if Zion wasn’t playing Campbell would’ve been the guy getting destroyed after that game. The worst tackle play by a unit I’ve seen in my 35 plus years of watching football.
Sadly I knew it would be a disaster that game with the o line. Even if they just played decent, Miami wins that game. Obviously, the fake punt, the awesome tackling on the first td, Baxa’s miss, and Thomas muff didn’t help either.

Yep, he was getting destroyed by at least half the fan base the moment he got here. Not sure how people forgot how bad it was.

Dude is inaccurate as **** and his mechanics are still a mess. He’s never going to be a qb but let’s not act like he wasn’t trashed before all his issues during the season.
Nah I’m of the mindset that If Tim Tebow can play Qb and be effective throwing the ball..then Tate sure ash can..you wouldn’t ask Tebow to run Peytons offense tho. It all about scheme fit for a kid like Tate

Sadly I knew it would be a disaster that game with the o line. Even if they just played decent, Miami wins that game. Obviously, the fake punt, the awesome tackling on the first td, Baxa’s miss, and Thomas muff didn’t help either.

You’d have to be sniffing glue to not be concerned, I just thought penos would scheme to help one or both out. Max protect or chip most of the game. They left Zion out there to die, first red flag for manny. Kid was just out of high school and super under weight yet they leave him to drown against a top 20 d.

Unreal.

Advertisement
My big issue with him however is the quitting twice or missing games during the season. He may or may not have had good reason to miss those games but when your a quarterback/ leader you just can’t do those things and it’s not a good look. One could assume that this kind of behavior shows that you can’t handle adversity.

Your not wrong about AFTER he arrived...though with that piece of *** at his age and knowing he wasn't going to start (no excuse as to work ethic), he just probably coasted. With his arm and height, he needs to work three times as hard as the next guy.....we will see, or he will get his degree and do something else. I honestly half expected him to quit or something like it. If he keeps trying and just never makes it....I'll respect it more than quitting.

As to leaving OSU, well....that is the nature of the world we live in now. Unless the money is real good (see Alabama's steady stable of 4-5 star backs or Clemson keeping 3 top 20 DL in school for their senior years)...these kids (not all) would rather start than have to compete once they think the writing is on the wall. They have been told since high school that the earth revolves around them....so...

Its mostly from the show qb1.

He is/was seen as a rich kid *** hole ..zach morris type so the hate is real. I want to see him do well

Thanks Chief. I've never seen QB1, so let me go peep it to see where this fire is coming from

Nah I’m of the mindset that If Tim Tebow can play Qb and be effective throwing the ball..then Tate sure ash can..you wouldn’t ask Tebow to run Peytons offense tho. It all about scheme fit for a kid like Tate

Tebow was a monster that beat on people like a full back for four quarters. Which opened up very easy throws, he also had an all time loaded offense and ol. He’s no Tebow, even though Tebow was a meh passer. He’s still more accurate than Tate.

Advertisement
Back