Ferman say about Cristobal?

Advertisement
Not so sure about him being undervalued as a coach but one thing that would work in our favor is his buyout from Mizzou. It's only $500k. Two things that would work against us- he's already making around $3.5 mil(with incentives) and the budget for his staff was recently upped to north of $3 mil per season. If we were running a real program this guy would be on the shortest of short lists.

A few things:

1. Undervalued: Look at what he is able to do with the recruits he gets. He takes lowers ranks players, wins a lot of games (in a difficult conference) and gets them drafted. I would say that is undervalued.

2. Financials: First, if we wanted to we could give him a raise. Second, even if we paid him and his assistants the SAME EXACT amount, he would technically make more coaching at Miami. Missouri has a 6% state personal income tax. Paying him $3,500,000 would save him $210,000.00 in taxes per year in Florida.

3. I think this guy should be on the shortest of short lists. It makes too much sense. I think if he wants to win it all, he can do it at Miami and not at Missouri.

Not so sure about him being undervalued as a coach but one thing that would work in our favor is his buyout from Mizzou. It's only $500k. Two things that would work against us- he's already making around $3.5 mil(with incentives) and the budget for his staff was recently upped to north of $3 mil per season. If we were running a real program this guy would be on the shortest of short lists.

A few things:

1. Undervalued: Look at what he is able to do with the recruits he gets. He takes lowers ranks players, wins a lot of games (in a difficult conference) and gets them drafted. I would say that is undervalued.

2. Financials: First, if we wanted to we could give him a raise. Second, even if we paid him and his assistants the SAME EXACT amount, he would technically make more coaching at Miami. Missouri has a 6% state personal income tax. Paying him $3,500,000 would save him $210,000.00 in taxes per year in Florida.

3. I think this guy should be on the shortest of short lists. It makes too much sense. I think if he wants to win it all, he can do it at Miami and not at Missouri.

1. I took undervalued as meaing that he isn't as highly regarded as he should be in coaching circles and by the public. I think he's held in pretty high esteem right now.

2. Agreed. "If we wanted to" is the key term there.

3. Definitely agree.

LULZ at the stupidity of anyone stumping for Beanerdict Arnold to be the HC here. More of that idiotic "he can recruit" nonsense. Yep. Just like we heard about Folden.

And just like Folden, he'd do a decent job recruiting until everyone figured him out for the fraud he is losing 4 or 5 games a year. Then, the bottom falls out in recruiting just like it did for Folden.

Any good HC who isn't a lazy slob can recruit down here. Win football games, develop players, and you'll have your choice of the best players in the country right in your backyard.

Do you think Nick Saban is some sort of super charismatic dynamic recruiter, or is he a great HC and leader who gets results and gets kids wanting to play for him?

All this slick talking fake cool guy super recruiter **** is a ruse. If you don't have a top level HC here you're never going to sustain any recruiting momentum.

Open the checkbook, and make Gary Pinkel tell you no. If he tells you no, call Rick Rod, and so on until you find your Jimmy Larranaga.

I'm starting to think this name is not just realistic but extremely undervalued (like Coach L).

Missouri moves to the SEC from the BIG 12 has one bad season. Then in 2013 and 2014 goes 7-1 in conference.

He has won 10 games and 5 Conference Division Titles 5 out of the last 8 years.

Missouri isn't exactly beasting it at recruiting either

Rankings

2007: 33rd
2008: 25th
2009: 40th
2010: 21st
2011: 48th
2012: 31st
2013: 41st
2014: 34th

Avg Ranking: 34th

From Wiki: Beginning with the 2002 NFL draft, Pinkel has had 21 players selected, including seven first-round choices since 2009
If UM has half a brain they call Pinkel and make him say no. Offer him the job. No interview. None of that ****. Tell him the job is his if he wants it and open the checkbook. Make him tell you no.

He would absolutely be my number one realistic option, and is court him like bama did Saban.

Advertisement
If UM has half a brain they call Pinkel and make him say no. Offer him the job. No interview. None of that ****. Tell him the job is his if he wants it and open the checkbook. Make him tell you no.

He would absolutely be my number one realistic option, and is court him like bama did Saban.

Makes sense. I think we could get him.

LULZ at the stupidity of anyone stumping for Beanerdict Arnold to be the HC here. More of that idiotic "he can recruit" nonsense. Yep. Just like we heard about Folden.

And just like Folden, he'd do a decent job recruiting until everyone figured him out for the fraud he is losing 4 or 5 games a year. Then, the bottom falls out in recruiting just like it did for Folden.

Any good HC who isn't a lazy slob can recruit down here. Win football games, develop players, and you'll have your choice of the best players in the country right in your backyard.

Do you think Nick Saban is some sort of super charismatic dynamic recruiter, or is he a great HC and leader who gets results and gets kids wanting to play for him?

All this slick talking fake cool guy super recruiter **** is a ruse. If you don't have a top level HC here you're never going to sustain any recruiting momentum.

Open the checkbook, and make Gary Pinkel tell you no. If he tells you no, call Rick Rod, and so on until you find your Jimmy Larranaga.

I'm starting to think this name is not just realistic but extremely undervalued (like Coach L).

Missouri moves to the SEC from the BIG 12 has one bad season. Then in 2013 and 2014 goes 7-1 in conference.

Rankings

From Wiki: Beginning with the 2002 NFL draft, Pinkel has had 21 players selected, including seven first-round choices since 2009

He had a DUI. He's toxic. Move on.

Rankings

He had a DUI. He's toxic. Move on.

Hes toxic because he had a DUI? Are you being sarcastic?

Stoops would be as bad as Golden. The guy starts out the year 5 -1 and ends 0 - 6 and he is an upgrade? Stoops is not the guy we need, IMO. He is Al Golden's clone.

Jesus Christ, Fire Golden, hire Mark Stoops and he will probably keep Coley and most of the offensive staff. Your coaching turnover is mitigated to mostly the defensive side of the ball, you keep the same OC for Kaaya and everyone wins.

IMO Mark Stoops is the most realistic "best" option we have. He's not great, but I think he's solid and would do a very good job at Miami. Coley is a below average OC, but maybe he can grow into the role.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back