Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

Advertisement
Got fired at Utah because he didn’t land a single commitment in 2 years. Think they landed 1 or 2 WRs but they were recruited by other staff members.

Don’t care what he teaches on a technical standpoint. That can’t continue to happen at Miami.

A link to the documentation proving he was fired "because he didn't land a single commitment in 2 years". Thanking you in advance.

I'm not calling Nick Saban " Mediocre, Alright or Lucky". But just because at the moment the tide is rolling people Think Hes The ALI of college Football. Everyone who gave me my first negative feedback ask yourself if another coach wouldn't do as good or better if given the opportunity. The Miami Heat used small ball with lebron and since young lebron needed Snipers like Ray Allen everyone thought small ball was rare and only could be done with a glue like lebron. Golden Came along and did it different Draymond is lesser than lebron but a glue guy he is. Saban fans "Might" be Victims of the moment. He hired Applewhite and didn't succeed the first year from being stubborn. There are alot of great coaches who know more than anyone on this forum and wouldn't come near saban. There are plenty of coaches who regret dealing with him. He deserves to be in the discussion for G.O.A.T but doesn't deserve to call is a done deal with such Big Let Downs With so much Talent. Even Paul Finebaum throws Jabs at the guy after being his biggest fan. I SIMPLY SAID OVERRATED! The people that feel saban is untouchable probably agree with lebron when he says winning a Championship in Cleveland made him the GOAT
Well saban is the greatest coach of modern CFB. In a era where dynasties shouldn’t happen. It’s not “in the moment” thinking. It’s been 10 years now. Your calling him overrated because he has a let down game every other year lol. That makes my point. Not a let down season, but a game or two. He’s had no transcended talent at QB except Tua. Who’s only a true soph...and btw LeBron is the greatest individual basketball player of all time to..don’t @me

A link to the documentation proving he was fired "because he didn't land a single commitment in 2 years". Thanking you in advance.

No idea if he was fired BECAUSE of that reason. But you can find a post I made in this thread on like page 3 or 4 where the Utah Writer does say he wasn't a good recruiter and hadn't signed a single WR while at Utah.

Advertisement
Objective and smart ways to measure a hire:
Experience coaching position at the level you’re at (or higher above)
Has he developed strong performing players at his previous stops (all conference, award winners, record holders, draft picks, etc.)
Did his unit improve year over year
Does he have experience managing his own position group or room
Does he have experience recruiting the areas you recruit
Does he have a track record of closing recruits
Can he communicate well and win the living room

These are just thing off the top of my head. This guy and some of the other guys we’ve hired do not check a lot of these boxes on paper. Can they be good hires? Yes! Absolutely. But for posters to puff out their chest and act like this is a good or neutral hire because we should trust Manny and his judgment live in a fantasy land. “Do know him personally?” No. But I can point to empirical evidence tCollege football is controlled by optics and tradition. If you don’t have guys on your staff with clout and pull, you better hope they can develop the **** birds you’re signing in February.

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3343976&itype=CMSID

“Little was heard about his impact on the recruiting trail” and “his only commitment in the 2015 class never played at Utah”

Looking at 247 he was secondary recruiter on all but the 1 guy referenced that he got credit for that never made it into Utah

Not only that but the statistics of the Utah wide receivers looked alarming. A high of 32 yards in a game in the last 3 games he was there. No thanks

I’m not even one of these clowns critical of every hire we make if it’s not a former Cane or Seider. I actually like the hire at RB and the DC. This hire would be completely unacceptable and I’d tell Enos he’s lost his mind if he presented this guy as the guy he wants.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A WR coach with a private Twitter account. There are no words...
huh2.gif

No idea if he was fired BECAUSE of that reason. But you can find a post I made in this thread on like page 3 or 4 where the Utah Writer does say he wasn't a good recruiter and hadn't signed a single WR while at Utah.

Okay! Thank you for your honesty. Just one question; then why did you post he was fired due to no commitments over a 2 year period?

Advertisement
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3343976&itype=CMSID

“Little was heard about his impact on the recruiting trail” and “his only commitment in the 2015 class never played at Utah”

Looking at 247 he was secondary recruiter on all but the 1 guy referenced that he got credit for that never made it into Utah

Not only that but the statistics of the Utah wide receivers looked alarming. A high of 32 yards in a game in the last 3 games he was there. No thanks

As I respond to the statistics quotes...when they lean in the direction you believe in...you have no idea what the variables were, say in that 32-yard example or for that matter any others.

It is my belief that Diaz and Enos, who have had a few laps around the college football world, know things about the prospective hire that no one on this thread is aware of.

Again, the 32-yard information would certainly be a part of the due diligence information Diaz and Enos studied.

Okay! Thank you for your honesty. Just one question; then why did you post he was fired due to no commitments over a 2 year period?

That’s what I said... and that’s where more than 1 article I read seemed to point to. Not only that but the fact that the WRs had pedestrian stats to the point that the most reception yards of any receiver the final 3 games was 32 yards. I also read on a board that it was so bad they were playing DBs and RBs at WR because they didn’t have enough on the roster due to **** poor recruiting at the position.

Advertisement
That’s what I said... and that’s where more than 1 article I read seemed to point to. Not only that but the fact that the WRs had pedestrian stats to the point that the most reception yards of any receiver the final 3 games was 32 yards. I also read on a board that it was so bad they were playing DBs and RBs at WR because they didn’t have enough on the roster due to **** poor recruiting at the position.
Okay. I get it. You were speculating versus having facts to prove your allegation. Thanks!

I went and looked at Utah's production from the WR position under Whittingham before and after Stubblefield. More of the same. His tenure falls in line with what was done when he wasn't there. They've been dealing with average QB play for a long time. The recruiting appears subpar but I'd point to the QBs and the offense as a whole first.

Well saban is the greatest coach of modern CFB. In a era where dynasties shouldn’t happen. It’s not “in the moment” thinking. It’s been 10 years now. Your calling him overrated because he has a let down game every other year lol. That makes my point. Not a let down season, but a game or two. He’s had no transcended talent at QB except Tua. Who’s only a true soph...and btw LeBron is the greatest individual basketball player of all time to..don’t @me

Kirby Smart has almost outsmarted Saban twice now since leaving. Tua is the Greatest in 10 years because Hes the Greatest Dual Threat Saban scouted and recruited. If your going to give him the credit when his winning blame him for the L's. How many championships does Clemson or Manny Diaz's Miami have to win to overtake saban in the modern era. And just like you used the word "Modern" Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird would be Beast in the Modern Era of NBA.

Advertisement
Back