Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

Advertisement
Per Wiki: "He (Taylor) left Purdue owning the most receptions in NCAA history"

Well the dude can ******* catch, that's for sure. And we all know our WR's cant...So if he can fix that, then this may not be the worst pick after all...

He was definitely a very good college football WR.
Legit.
But we need to do better than this guy.
WR coaches have to be the top 1-2 recruiters on team.
Can we say this about this guy?
If yes, then we are in trouble.

Taylor Stubblefield seems like a solid choice he's 36 which means that he should be able to relate to young WR he's not from Miami and doesn't have any Florida ties but he did play pro football and he's coached at some big programs.
Bruh come on don’t sugarcoat a bad hire if he’s the guy.

I never said Bird or Magic were better dont put words in my Sentences to better your point. But in a Era No Hard Defense you think Bird will flinch at Making 3s like a Taller Curry? And Magic is just a Team Captain that can give any team hope by doing what needs to be done.

Back to Football, Ever Since Miami got slapped with Sanctions Our South Florida Talent has helped make "POWERHOUSES" In Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Clemson. They haven't been coming here [FACTS agree or dont]. Alabama hasn't been playing Anyteam Anywhere like Miami Did in its Prime. Saban is great but since your just a fan who appreciates Alabamas Greatness, You dont get the Pressure Sabans Under Right Now. Boosters put in money that bring in players that perform and generate a high revenue. Saban has the latest gadgets and Best coaches he could ask for. If he wants anything the boosters get it. BUT... when things go wrong like the last 2/3 years People start getting stingy with the money being spent. Its funny that Belichick and Tom Brady are going to retire almost together so we'll never know how much one needed another. But Alabama needed Saban in the beginning do you think they still need him now? I think they can spend STACKS on WHOEVER they choose and get the same if not better results. Coaches get exposed all the time. Sabans a legend But 2/3 and he got worse the last time means something
Magic had the luxury of being drafted by a team with Kareem..Larry bird was surrounded by HOFs. He was a great shooter but don’t put him in the same breath as steph or the snipers playing in today’s league

Back to football. I’m sure from 99’-03 we all thought Miami would stay dominate. But how quick was that drop off from 03-08. Those were years b4 our previous sanctions in 11’. And bama isn’t great because of Florida’s kids going there. That’s laughable bro. They get the best kids from everywhere.

The fact that you actually think bama could lose saban and keep that program rolling is ridiculous. Saban created a culture of winning. Without saban, even with them boosters dropping bags, they would not be what they are. Like I said b4 bama is not the only program in the country, Their conference or their own state dropping bags.. everybody is chasing saban. Clemson and dabo got saban twice. That rivalry is 2-2. But if you think all of a sudden bama gonna show any type of slipping in the next year or 2 your wrong. That machine will function as long as Nick Saban is invested. It wasn’t built by the boosters or bag money. Without saban that money will equate to the same meaning as it did for UT. Wasted.

Advertisement
Ferman(excerpt)

Taylor Stubblefield at Air Force

He coached at Central Michigan with Enos. Manny has been looking into him in the last 24 hours

Have not yet heard that the deal has been concluded but he is under consideration.

Stubblefield is in his second year at the Academy as wide receivers coach. Stubblefield came to the Academy after coaching receivers for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League in 2016.

As a player at Purdue, Stubblefield was a consensus All-American and a 2004 finalist for the Biletnikoff Award, presented to the most outstanding receiver in college football. He finished his career (2001-04) with an NCAA record 316 receptions and ranks second in Big Ten history with 3,629 receiving yards.

What is it with these face book friends hires? How about some who kicked your rear end in some game? Hire them instead of a frogging friend. Let’s get better, frigging cozy.

They get the best kids from everywhere.

That is why Nick Saban is Overrated. I feel the " Greatest Coach" should be able to do it with enough talent. If Saban needs the best recruits and it doesn't result in the best record it means there is flaws. He has so many great coaches around him but he can only blame himself. If you think money isn't a big factor you are what BigO would have called a BlindFan. It's not like Alabama makes all that money and puts it into a savings account, They Re-Invest.

If you think Magic Johnson is Overrated I'm not going to argue. But if you replace Draymond Green with Magic Johnson right now you'll have a flawless team.

Meast21 sorry for all the distractions. I'll stop replying

Advertisement
That is why Nick Saban is Overrated. I feel the " Greatest Coach" should be able to do it with enough talent. If Saban needs the best recruits and it doesn't result in the best record it means there is flaws. He has so many great coaches around him but he can only blame himself. If you think money isn't a big factor you are what BigO would have called a BlindFan. It's not like Alabama makes all that money and puts it into a savings account, They Re-Invest.

If you think Magic Johnson is Overrated I'm not going to argue. But if you replace Draymond Green with Magic Johnson right now you'll have a flawless team.

Meast21 sorry for all the distractions. I'll stop replying
I never said magic was overrated..I said he had the luxury of being drafted on a team with Kareem. Magic doesn’t win as many rings without Kareem especially early on in his career. If magic was on this Dubs team in place of draymond the warriors would actually lose a key part to what makes them great. Draymond allows Steph, klay and KD to do what they do freely. They don’t have to the dirty work. He allows them to play the type of D and O that they use. Magic make that O better but on D he wouldn’t be as good as Draymond. They would lose rim protection. But ultimately he’d make up for it on O

Back to Saban. Even b4 he started getting number 1 classes he was winning. 1st season 07, 6-7.. 09 natty..and how many times have we seen programs get top class after top class and not win. Miami for example. FSU was In the top 5 annually under Jimbo, chip. Ole miss had that crazy class, no notable wins. Urban Meyer annually at UF and Ohio state top 5 classes, 11 years between those two programs 3 chips and 1 of them was with zooks roster. No matter how u want to dissect it what saban has done at bama is not supposed to happen today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Prior to this past season Saban hired UTSA (Texas/San Antonio) DC as ILB/Co-DC. If Manny makes the same hire the board flips out.

How many NC has Saban won? How many games has Diaz won? I see what you're saying but I wouldn't compare the two. Saban history speaks for itself. Its scary times as a Cane fan. You just hope this time works out.....this time.

Advertisement
How many NC has Saban won? How many games has Diaz won? I see what you're saying but I wouldn't compare the two. Saban history speaks for itself. Its scary times as a Cane fan. You just hope this time works out.....this time.

I understand where you’re coming from. I would have liked to see more experience at P5 programs from the RB coach, especially as a recruiter. The hire seems connected to SFLA and nationwide. He’d have to be since K-State isn’t going to have much elite talent locally. What there is goes to the top Big 12 schools, TAMU, or elsewhere.

My point is one of Saban’s strengths is his ability to evaluate coaches. Many of his coaches were brought up in his program. Tosh Lopoi, the DC, for example. He was a DL coach for six years (two teams) in the PAC12, then hired as a ‘defensive analyst’ at Bama for two years. Then promoted to OLB, then OLB/Co-DC, then DC.

Saban does poach other coaches, too. Josh Gattis was a James Franklin guy at Vanderbilt and Penn Sate. One season at Bama and then he runs to be Michigan’s OC. I know he ‘developed two first team AA WRs’ but both were elite talents playing with other elite players.

Does Manny have this talent? We don’t know.

I want Enos to be happy and comfortable with his guys. It’s his career that’s on the line, so I trust he’ll make the best hire possible.

Ah yes. That good old line that was always trotted out to rationalize Shannon's crappy decisions.

I understand where you’re coming from. I would have liked to see more experience at P5 programs from the RB coach, especially as a recruiter. The hire seems connected to SFLA and nationwide. He’d have to be since K-State isn’t going to have much elite talent locally. What there is goes to the top Big 12 schools, TAMU, or elsewhere.

My point is one of Saban’s strengths is his ability to evaluate coaches. Many of his coaches were brought up in his program. Tosh Lopoi, the DC, for example. He was a DL coach for six years (two teams) in the PAC12, then hired as a ‘defensive analyst’ at Bama for two years. Then promoted to OLB, then OLB/Co-DC, then DC.

Saban does poach other coaches, too. Josh Gattis was a James Franklin guy at Vanderbilt and Penn Sate. One season at Bama and then he runs to be Michigan’s OC. I know he ‘developed two first team AA WRs’ but both were elite talents playing with other elite players.

Does Manny have this talent? We don’t know.

True we don't know. I'm supporting Manny. His my guy but holy crap our track record is horrible lol.

Advertisement
Back