Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

Kid was real good at Purdue[/QUOTE
He was really good at Purdue. His Sr year he had 89 rec 1095yds and First Team All Big Ten Honors. And before everyone thinks he is a joke, just remember Don Soldinger, he was coaching at Southridge when JJ hired him LB coach and then in 1995 Butch hired him again from Southridge as RB coach. I mean how can a great LB coach under JJ know anything about coaching RB when Butch hired him. Whoever Enos chooses I trust his judgement, every coach has to coach start somewhere. Great coaches do not fall out trees being great right away, they got to prove themselves.

Advertisement
I've been fairly quiet and in "wait and see" mode regarding the selected position coaches, but this makes no sense.
Why would Dugans -- a great recruiter and pretty solid position coach get 86'd only to bring in THIS as a replacement?

No quality WR talent would be attracted to our program with this...

We putting the CMU staff back together..
the Mighty Chippewas of CMU. do they call themselves the "Chips" or the "WAs" ?
maybe with McElwain there now as the football coach, they can change to the "Sharks" LOL

maybe with McElwain there now as the football coach, they can change to the "Sharks" LOL

Dude you always up posting on here the same time I am...Im +7 hours ahead...where the fugg are u? Overseas or just a vampire?

Dude you always up posting on here the same time I am...Im +7 hours ahead...where the fugg are u? Overseas or just a vampire?
if you are 7 hours ahead of me, then you must know already if Hurts is coming to Miami .. LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
C_FDrcYWsAEmVDB.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about hiring coaches who know each other. Most coaches network as a way of life. Seriously how many guys has Enos worked with or met in clinics, conventions, etc. I'll bet it's a boat load.

Only worry when they start hiring qualified family members, qualified or not.

Ah yes. That good old line that was always trotted out to rationalize Shannon's crappy decisions.
Think my statement is pretty fair.

Their careers are on the line, not mine.

Don’t see why anyone who has HC’ing aspirations would make risky hires.

Richt hires his son because Richt really has nothing more to accomplish in his career. Deep down he knew he was on his way out.

Diaz and Enos both know this is their big shot.

I expect that Kentucky WR coach to be hired fwiw.

Advertisement
We hired 1 coach from La Tech....

The DC. I admit I am a Butch guy so it will take some doing for me to come around to being comfortable with Manny. Didn’t like mark’s pick of him and he made me nervous the last three years because I just get that smartest guy in the room thing like Al’s people. BUT he is trying to be Miami’s old defense so I bite my lip. AND he came up with that glorious TOC and that was magic.

The OC hire seems like it might be excellent. It certainly is nice flipping the game on Saban and maybe kicking sand UGAs face too. They both had to fall on back up plans and that is Art of War level stuff, so cudo to Manny for that. That said, it is much harder to fire a friend and me ever of your personal good o boy network than someone else. That has caused us no end of trouble. I prefer the Saban’s coldness. Our defense needs to be even better and I was hoping Manny would find someone who would next level it rather than the friend that does what I want thing. Manny is a nole and the thing I remember most about ole St Bobby was who proud he was of keeping his same assistants for so long and his stubbornness over his son. The other thing I remember was who we beat him so often in the big game even though we changed coaches like underwear.

I've been fairly quiet and in "wait and see" mode regarding the selected position coaches, but this makes no sense.
Why would Dugans -- a great recruiter and pretty solid position coach get 86'd only to bring in THIS as a replacement?

No quality WR talent would be attracted to our program with this...
Dugans lost control of the WR room. He had to be gone.

The DC. I admit I am a Butch guy so it will take some doing for me to come around to being comfortable with Manny. Didn’t like mark’s pick of him and he made me nervous the last three years because I just get that smartest guy in the room thing like Al’s people. BUT he is trying to be Miami’s old defense so I bite my lip. AND he came up with that glorious TOC and that was magic.

The OC hire seems like it might be excellent. It certainly is nice flipping the game on Saban and maybe kicking sand UGAs face too. They both had to fall on back up plans and that is Art of War level stuff, so cudo to Manny for that. That said, it is much harder to fire a friend and me ever of your personal good o boy network than someone else. That has caused us no end of trouble. I prefer the Saban’s coldness. Our defense needs to be even better and I was hoping Manny would find someone who would next level it rather than the friend that does what I want thing. Manny is a nole and the thing I remember most about ole St Bobby was who proud he was of keeping his same assistants for so long and his stubbornness over his son. The other thing I remember was who we beat him so often in the big game even though we changed coaches like underwear.
Next level a top 3 D??? Please explain....I'm lost....

Advertisement
Several Georgia Tech receivers doing well in the NFL....jus sayin

Oh yeah? Name them, lol.
It’s literally one WR that went to GT when they ran the option in the NFL right now and he was a physical freak who is on the downside of his career.

So please, entertain and enlighten me and name the “several” that are doing well please sir?

Advertisement
Back