Fellas, I got a question...

Advertisement
I’d still go. If TVD starts, you hope they spent the last two weeks tweaking the offense to finally fit his strengths.

If they don’t then you know the rest of the time under Mario won’t be worth the trips back to see them play because he’s too hard headed to fit is schemes too the players strengths after a top 5 loss in program history.

If Garcia starts, it would be cool to see his first start.

Mario ain’t going to pull the trigger with QB this game bc he knows that if he does, TVD’s career is sunk and he’s putting all his eggs in the garcía basket. Mario isn’t a risk taker so he won’t do it.

And that's his damned problem.

did the Japanese, sit down and eat dinner.... no seriously....

Am I a terrible fan if I cancel my trip for the UNC game if Jake 'from State Farm' Garcia isn't the starter on Oct 8?

I mean, my view is this season still has a long ways to go. But I want to see the younger guys (Wes B, Coop, Chase, Arroyo, etc) led by Garcia at QB

Does this make me a terrible fan? I realize Im already a questionable human being, but that's not the question here.....
Got news for you. Jake starting won’t make you glad you saw the game.

Advertisement

Am I a terrible fan if I cancel my trip for the UNC game if Jake 'from State Farm' Garcia isn't the starter on Oct 8?

I mean, my view is this season still has a long ways to go. But I want to see the younger guys (Wes B, Coop, Chase, Arroyo, etc) led by Garcia at QB

Does this make me a terrible fan? I realize Im already a questionable human being, but that's not the question here.....
Yes

Maybe one way is for Mario to schedule a full blown scrimmage next Saturday with everyone’s job on the line. Let both Garcia and TVD battle it out who starts against UNC.

Since you're dreaming, can you go ahead and make that scrimmage open to fans too? I'd be interested in showing up.

If it's the staff doing the ruining, a different QB won't make a difference. They inherited a QB that had 6 games in a row over 300 yards and turned him into Kirby Freeman. Does anyone think Garcia won't regress? I sure as **** do. He'll make a play then get in trouble for freelancing. That's just how this staff is.

They took away what TVD did well to try to make him into something he isn't. That is 100% coaching.

I have stuff on the door of my refrigerator that's been there longer than this staff has been together. Im not ready to declare the staff being the problem.

Fortunately, we have exactly what we need to isolate the variable. We have a competent backup QB. Lets see how it plays out in the UNC game.

I mean this is a bit off topic but real talk here – why do people iMessage board use the word fellas but I hear no one ever say that in real life.

Advertisement
I have stuff on the door of my refrigerator that's been there longer than this staff has been together. Im not ready to declare the staff being the problem.

Fortunately, we have exactly what we need to isolate the variable. We have a competent backup QB. Lets see how it plays out in the UNC game.
Mario has had good QBs in the past that had struggles.

We'll revisit this topic again next week.

You couldn’t pay me to go to that UNC game

Just go. Worst case: you can be one of the fans chanting “we want garcia” 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Maybe one way is for Mario to schedule a full blown scrimmage next Saturday with everyone’s job on the line. Let both Garcia and TVD battle it out who starts against UNC.
I honestly think Van Dyke is done here, I never seen such a defeated and indifferent looking QB in my life, he's finished.

Since you're dreaming, can you go ahead and make that scrimmage open to fans too? I'd be interested in showing up.

Is that out of the realm of possibility? Opening to the public would definitely be dreaming though.

Advertisement
If TVD is the starter for the UNC game.... I think we've got much bigger problems than k9's guilt. lol

I dont know how you can start TVD over Garcia given what we saw yesterday.

Have to have the mindset that we are definitely losing one of these QBs at the end of the season.

Pick the best one now and roll the dice. That would be Garcia at this point.

TVD may go portal sooner... so be it....accept it and move on.

It is going to be a salvage year...Maybe the next guy can start backup duties this year instead of next...

Is that out of the realm of possibility?

Im of the opinion that it would be a failure of this staff to let the bye week turn into a QB competition. That would be wasting a week of prep time. Pick a horse and run with it. Im of the opinion that it should be Jake Garcia at this point.

Advertisement
Back