Fellas, I got a question...

k9cane

Senior
did the Japanese, sit down and eat dinner.... no seriously....

Am I a terrible fan if I cancel my trip for the UNC game if Jake 'from State Farm' Garcia isn't the starter on Oct 8?

I mean, my view is this season still has a long ways to go. But I want to see the younger guys (Wes B, Coop, Chase, Arroyo, etc) led by Garcia at QB

Does this make me a terrible fan? I realize Im already a questionable human being, but that's not the question here.....

Advertisement
did the Japanese, sit down and eat dinner.... no seriously....

Am I a terrible fan if I cancel my trip for the UNC game if Jake 'from State Farm' Garcia isn't the starter on Oct 8?

I mean, my view is this season still has a long ways to go. But I want to see the younger guys (Wes B, Coop, Chase, Arroyo, etc) led by Garcia at QB

Does this make me a terrible fan? I realize Im already a questionable human being, but that's not the question here.....
Not at all...

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, yes. Has the team disappointed? **** yeah and the loss yesterday was a new low. That being said, the school did pony up, finally. Plus, I believe it was on this very site where most posters claimed "Mario gets at least one season to turn the culture around" 9 months ago. As I predicted, that sentiment lasted only 4 games. lol

I'm tired of seeing the Canes in the L column. What makes it worse is every story includes "....played in front of a more than half-empty stadium". The Canes are a laughingstock right now, but our FANS are an even bigger laughingstock. We pi$$ and moan the team was always run as a 2nd class organization. Now, they get money, 9 months ago the majority of fans are on board with Mario, and now ditch everything 4 games in? Hard to see how we are not the most entitled and petulant fan base in the country right now.

Advertisement
I was going to go to the Duke game since I’ll be in town on vacation but I’m not going to do that **** anymore. I’d rather spend my time doing other stuff while I’m there.

Advertisement
The whole fandom thing is played out. A real fan, a fair-weather fan, etc. anyways. Are there bonus points for being a "real" fan? Bragging rights? What does it matter when this program keeps eating ****.

Having grown up in Miami and moved to San Diego in 1998 (when I was 24) I went back for games religiously, up through around 2009 after I became a dad, the discernible income needed more discernment and this program went to **** in a handbag.

I'll donate to the program and I'll buy new gear here and there, but cross-country trips, airfare, hotels, rental cars, game tickets, etc.—basing four-day treks back to Miami in support of Hurricanes Football, when this is the product on the field?
Hard pass.

When I lived in Miami, I was at every home game and some away ones, but going across country to finally support a program that went 118-85 since the 2005 Peach Bowl (an average of 7-5 per year)—on it's sixth head coach over that span ... I'll spend my money on family vacations and new experiences, before I keep going back for the same form of U-themed punishment.

Planned to get back for FSU this year, but going to hold out to see what things look like before I drop several thousands dollars to watch this dong-fest in person.

If you pull him you have to be all in on Garcia for the rest of the season no matter what.
Exactly which is why it’s a tougher decision than what it seems. It essentially ends TVD in Miami and Mario saying I am not changing my ways or offense.

But then again, who knows how good TVD really is and what happened last year, was it all just a fluke ?

Advertisement
Back