Feels different this cycle

Advertisement
Fellas I want to believe that we're going into the right direction and want the best for the Canes but we wont know anything until the season starts.

Areas of Improvement that I'm looking for:

1. Fundamentally sound football- Catching, blocking and Tackling.

2. Player Accountability - If ****/Wiggy continue not to catch the ball and Carter/Nesta continue break personal fouls record without being benched, then they'll continue not catch or play smart because nobody is holding their feet to the fire.

3. Playing time - Play the best players that actually produce in game over the Greentree Hall of Famers

15 top targets-0 misses
@RVACane right now

GIF by Giphy QA

Fellas I want to believe that we're going into the right direction and want the best for the Canes but we wont know anything until the season starts.

Areas of Improvement that I'm looking for:

1. Fundamentally sound football- Catching, blocking and Tackling.

2. Player Accountability - If ****/Wiggy continue not to catch the ball and Carter/Nesta continue break personal fouls record without being benched, then they'll continue not catch or play smart because nobody is holding their feet to the fire.

3. Playing time - Play the best players that actually produce in game over the Greentree Hall of Famers
Believe you need to add a 4th and push all of the first 3 down. Because most important for me, is execution from the start. We cannot continue to sleep walk until we get to the 4th quarter. If diaz cleans that up along with those other 3 this year then I know he is the future of the program long term.

Advertisement
I am torn between the "Manny Diaz is our Head Coach" camp and the "Gene Chizik and Ed Orgeron won NCs" camp. Adding TRob and reading the reactions to recruits since June 1 has pushed me closer to the latter.

Plenty is different - first class that had covid full cycle, so they’re late getting out to visit places.

But we also have new coaches with recruiting reputations, and maybe manny’s learned something.

Not making a prediction, because anything can happen, but feels to me like the staff is recruiting with a bit more self-confidence, like they’ve done it before. They’re not rushing for commitments. Telling kids to take visits. Stewart is a big deal. He seems really interested. Bissainthe is critical. Fingers crossed for Kelly but they’re trying. Wilson, Rogers, Graves seem like we’re doing our part.

Oh, and we can all go back and re-read the Jacurri Brown thread next winter. Kid’s got all the potential in the world. And is a leader.

If manny figured out recruiting, we may be relevant again. This class, if it comes together, will be the difference. We haven’t had two good classes in a row in eons.

Trending up.

@RVACane
I thought our last class was really good outside CB and DE. If we can match that then we're in good shape

Ok, it is now Monday June 14, 2022, and we have the fewest committed players in the ACC with two. The “experts“ here said wait until after the BBQ. That happened. They said wait until after the first weekend of official visits. That happened. They said wait for the second weekend of official visits. That happened too. Every one of the power five conference teams except Kansas, TCU, Wisky, Stanford, and Ole Miss, have more than we do. Most have many more-perhaps half of their classes. Are we going to land 10 or 12 top 100 kids who are waiting? Are our new super recruiters going to have the entire class announcement at one time? What the heck is going on?

PS I know this is CIS and QP is a faithless know nothing who should be laughed at. But, doesn’t anyone else wonder WTF?

Advertisement
You’re a top 3 offender. You actually think this is the same recruiting staff last year as this year???

Out: Banda, Stroud, Rumph, Baker
In: TRob, Aristide, DVD, Simpson
TRob- Notorious for coaching cb’s and has coached multiple nfl corners in college. Only reason why we have a lot more corners interested in us (Coached highest picked corner this draft)
Aristide- Strong ties to Texas (got 5* bear Alexander to take an official visit)
DVD- has been with the program for a long time and can learn from trob. Connects with a lot of the recruits.
Simpson- just came back from the nfl and has been vouched for by coach macho (coach at dfb)
But ya our coaches suck

Ok, it is now Monday June 14, 2022, and we have the fewest committed players in the ACC with two. The “experts“ here said wait until after the BBQ. That happened. They said wait until after the first weekend of official visits. That happened. They said wait for the second weekend of official visits. That happened too. Every one of the power five conference teams except Kansas, TCU, Wisky, Stanford, and Ole Miss, have more than we do. Most have many more-perhaps half of their classes. Are we going to land 10 or 12 top 100 kids who are waiting? Are our new super recruiters going to have the entire class announcement at one time? What the heck is going on?

PS I know this is CIS and QP is a faithless know nothing who should be laughed at. But, doesn’t anyone else wonder WTF?

Feel free to have a panic attack

TRob- Notorious for coaching cb’s and has coached multiple nfl corners in college. Only reason why we have a lot more corners interested in us (Coached highest picked corner this draft)
Aristide- Strong ties to Texas (got 5* bear Alexander to take an official visit)
DVD- has been with the program for a long time and can learn from trob. Connects with a lot of the recruits.
Simpson- just came back from the nfl and has been vouched for by coach macho (coach at dfb)
But ya our coaches suck
Anyone who thinks this is the same staff as we’ve had the past couple of years - “no difference” - is deluding themselves to justify their past relentless shill takes on here. Nothing wrong with saying Manny learns from his mistakes and makes improvements.

BE CAREFUL, this will have the Rwlax Buddy Sunshine Club in a tizzy. Even though you have said no lies in your post. I'm not overly worried, but the lack of commits does have my attention at a minimum.

My question to them would be when will they worry? If we have 5 in August and 90% of the Top 100 are committed elsewhere, then would they have concern?

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks this is the same staff as we’ve had the past couple of years - “no difference” - is deluding themselves to justify their past relentless shill takes on here. Nothing wrong with saying Manny learns from his mistakes and makes improvements.
Exactly we have seen time and time again people are too stubborn to change their ways and they fail cause of it. I respect manny for swallowing his pride on his coaches and upgrading the staff. Recruiting is a lot less stressful so far and that’s cause of his new pieces on the staff.

And the people saying we only have 2 commits we’re the same ones complaining about all the decommits we had in years past. Manny decided that in order to stop this he has to make sure kids are 100% committed to the U and this means they can’t take anymore vists or communicate with other coaching staffs.

Advertisement

Some of y´all need to get a life.

Miami is not pushing for early commitments and a lot of our targets are either waiting with announcements or dont want to announce anything until NSD. Stewart does not want to announce anything till NSD, for example. Spells had his announcement date set for August, now put it earlier because he seems to be set on where he wants to go.

A lot of these kids (yes, they are still kids), havent been able to visit a bunch of places because of a pandemic, so they are doing just that. The message out of Miami was and is: If you commit here, you stick with it. If you want to decommit, theres a high chance someone else will take your spot. Quan Lee just announced that he shut down his recruitment and that he apparently blew off a visit somewhere else.

Look at Fegans for example. Dude visited Bama, Miami, Florida, UCF and is going to visit South Carolina in three days. Thats five visits in 16 days.

Its ******* June. Having a lot of commits now does not mean **** if none of them sticks in December because you had a **** season. I would rather have a player that thought a lot about his decision and decided a bit later versus a kid who commits in May and bounces later on because he realized "Hey, theres some other good **** around here".

FSU is celebrating their current class but we all know that this wont last. Why? As soon as the losing starts, these kids will bounce. We have been there several times over the past years.

Ask Cribby or LCE. It doesnt matter having a good class now. It matters when NSD comes around.

Some of y´all need to get a life.

Miami is not pushing for early commitments and a lot of our targets are either waiting with announcements or dont want to announce anything until NSD. Stewart does not want to announce anything till NSD, for example. Spells had his announcement date set for August, now put it earlier because he seems to be set on where he wants to go.

A lot of these kids (yes, they are still kids), havent been able to visit a bunch of places because of a pandemic, so they are doing just that. The message out of Miami was and is: If you commit here, you stick with it. If you want to decommit, theres a high chance someone else will take your spot. Quan Lee just announced that he shut down his recruitment and that he apparently blew off a visit somewhere else.

Look at Fegans for example. Dude visited Bama, Miami, Florida, UCF and is going to visit South Carolina in three days. Thats five visits in 16 days.

Its ******* June. Having a lot of commits now does not mean **** if none of them sticks in December because you had a **** season. I would rather have a player that thought a lot about his decision and decided a bit later versus a kid who commits in May and bounces later on because he realized "Hey, theres some other good **** around here".

FSU is celebrating their current class but we all know that this wont last. Why? As soon as the losing starts, these kids will bounce. We have been there several times over the past years.

Ask Cribby or LCE. It doesnt matter having a good class now. It matters when NSD comes around.
I don't understand the argument that kids who commit early are destined to decommit.

Yes, I rather have a good class in December than in June. But I rather have a good class in June than a bad class in June. The odds of having a good class in December are higher with a good class in June than with a bad class in June.

That doesn't seem like a difficult concept...

I love the “win and they will come” guys.
I have been following recruiting since about 04 go back and look, our best classes came with a first year bump more than they ever did after a good year on the field.

I don’t believe we have ever had this few commits in mid June. I understand the “we have guys waiting till fall” line of thought. Except guys we are recruiting keep committing to other schools. Sure it’s only been a couple weeks. How many commits have other schools had since June 1? Is it zero? Because we are at zero.

I’m not freaking out. I’m just saying at what point do you start to worry? This feels like when everyone thought AG was a lame duck so we couldn’t get kids so the school threw him an extension. Is Manny being talked about as a lame duck coach?
If the newer staff are such stud recruiters, then why be afraid of early commits. You should have faith you can keep your guys committed.

And by all means we have been recruiting many of these kids for a long long time. Basically any of these south Florida kids have been here before, there’s not much more to show them. Why have literally none of them committed?

Is the bag game at that level down there? I don’t live in south Florida so maybe I’m out of touch. But something seems fishy. Especially in a class where it appears we have a stud QB already in the fold.

I don't understand the argument that kids who commit early are destined to decommit.

Yes, I rather have a good class in December than in June. But I rather have a good class in June than a bad class in June. The odds of having a good class in December are higher with a good class in June than with a bad class in June.

That doesn't seem like a difficult concept...
1. Towards the first point of view: The amount of times where early commits have decommitted later on is so big, people could write books about it. There are several reasons why kids bounce from commitments during a football season: Coaching changes. Losing records. Bags. Or improving your own stake enough to get better teams interested in your service. Especially the last three have happened to us on numerous occasions.

2. So you want to push for early commits and kids dont want to commit because they want to take their time? I find it amazing that some on here apparently cannot understand that the vast, vast, vast majority of high school players from the 2022 class had no actual visits to any colleges in 2020 and the only thing there was were zoom meetings and phone calls. That was it. The stuff that is now happening at Miami, the cookouts, the photo shoots, the workouts, none of this was doable for a full year because the NCAA prohibited it. A lot of these kids and families want to have the full experience before they/their sons make a choice.

We used to have several players committed in June only to lose them by November all over again. Manny does not want to ride the commit-decommit rollercoaster, just like T-Rob does not want to have it. They want to make sure that every player understands what kind of players they want here.

This is not a "bad" class. I am not even sure how this is supposed to be a "bad class", you have a insane amount of players not wanting to make a decision yet because they want to take their time. It takes two to tango. Even if we wanted players like Stewart or Rogers to commit now, they wouldnt, because they want to take their time.

If you want to know how ****ed up recruiting currently is at this point: Rutgers is 5th in recruiting rankings. 5th. They havent had a winning season since 2014, and they havent won five games since then either. Remember when Tennessee was getting commits from highly ranked players left and right last season and people knew that something fishy was going on? Their class absolutely collapsed at the end of 2020.

Advertisement
Back