Feels different this cycle

Advertisement
Weak at recruiting? Yep.

Weak at coaching LBs? Not so sure. For the record, he coached strikers for the past 3 years and not the LBs. The players at striker all improved under his tutelage and the striker position was arguably our best performing unit. Many believe he is a very good teacher and knowledgeable football coach despite his inability to relate to many kids on the recruiting trail.

I am willing to give him a chance and see what he can do with the underperforming LB unit.
I come in peace........ however giving Patke a chance at anything is going nowhere for a Corch that's been on the chopping twice already.

I stand corrected "IF" Pakte didn't coach the LBs while at UM

Last edited:
Bruh if this the kind of childhood stories you grew up on it explains a lotttt about your post history lol
The Simpsons Lol GIF

IMO, it’s a down year in SFL, and that will make it very difficult to secure anything better than a Top 15 class. We’ll see.

i was thinking the same. First 2021 was underrated and still #11.Second we’re taking only 20 or 21 high school commits this year and it’s a down year at the skill positions in South Florida. Will be really hard to do significantly better across the class even with better recruiting.

Evals and doing the things needed to close. I think a good number of us, who don’t systematically slurp, sense for the first time in a long time that we finally have a recruiting staff doing the things needed, in the way needed, to step up to the next level from where we’ve been.

You mean the same staff we had last season bar three position coaches.

Advertisement
An additional year and TRob, Aristide and Simpson, plus DVD on the field instead of Rumph, makes a big difference but keep your usual shill going. This is a massive upgrade.

Lol funny how when anyone else is positive is called slurping.
But I'm glad some of you are seeing the light.

Advertisement
You’re a top 3 offender. You actually think this is the same recruiting staff last year as this year???

Out: Banda, Stroud, Rumph, Baker
In: TRob, Aristide, DVD, Simpson

Four new position coaches one recycle and another that was already on the recruiting staff. Yeah big difference.

IMO, it’s a down year in SFL, and that will make it very difficult to secure anything better than a Top 15 class. We’ll see.
Agreed. And will be saving ≈5 spots for portal and there will be limited offensive skill talent for us to stack.

Our ceiling is probably just better than 10th if we get most of our top targets, and anything better than 15th will probably mean we did a really good job considering the variables of this ‘22 class.

Last year Miami had an advantage because the kids did not get the chance to travel to Clemson, Alabama, Texas a&m, uga osu, etc…building a relationship while those schools could not come down was a real advantage this cycle, also....but these schools are going after the ‘23, ‘24 kids this year…..we will find out about the recruiting in the next cycle…

Advertisement
Stroud and Rumph are still here and TVD was already here.
Look I'm not going get into a back and forth with you. But recruiting hasn't been our problem, we had a great class last season.
Yes a couple of coaches changed but you guys are acting as if it's an entire new staff.
Our problem has been on the field not recruiting, hopefully it changes this season.

Agreed. And will be saving ≈5 spots for portal and there will be limited offensive skill talent for us to stack.

Our ceiling is probably just better than 10th if we get most of our top targets, and anything better than 15th will probably mean we did a really good job considering the variables of this ‘22 class.

Si. Anything approaching 10 means the 2021 season was a WILD success and the staff should have their ***** bronzed and put on display somewhere in the athletic facility. Just don’t see how it’s possible.

And before people start crying, it’s just a number on a webpage. We all know that. I’m only saying that number, which doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme, will probably be somewhere in the mid-teens at best. And class size is a big piece of how that’s determined. We won’t be signing 28 kids like some schools will.

Advertisement
Plenty is different - first class that had covid full cycle, so they’re late getting out to visit places.

But we also have new coaches with recruiting reputations, and maybe manny’s learned something.

Not making a prediction, because anything can happen, but feels to me like the staff is recruiting with a bit more self-confidence, like they’ve done it before. They’re not rushing for commitments. Telling kids to take visits. Stewart is a big deal. He seems really interested. Bissainthe is critical. Fingers crossed for Kelly but they’re trying. Wilson, Rogers, Graves seem like we’re doing our part.

Oh, and we can all go back and re-read the Jacurri Brown thread next winter. Kid’s got all the potential in the world. And is a leader.

If manny figured out recruiting, we may be relevant again. This class, if it comes together, will be the difference. We haven’t had two good classes in a row in eons.

Trending up.

@RVACane
Great thread.

Look I'm not going get into a back and forth with you. But recruiting hasn't been our problem, we had a great class last season.
Yes a couple of coaches changed but you guys are acting as if it's an entire new staff.
Our problem has been on the field not recruiting, hopefully it changes this season.
Recruiting was definitely an issue. Manny upgraded the offensive side of the ball which helped us land the 2021 class along with a lot of luck from Covid travel issues.

Banda was a good recruiter. Stroud meant well but wasn’t credible. The other two were weak. This new crew is a massive step up.

The outcome may be similar because it’s a down year for playmakers in South Florida and because it’s more competitive now that COVID restrictions are lifted. But don’t fool yourself into thinking we had it figured out last year.

Last edited:
Look I'm not gonna get into a back and forth with you. But recruiting hasn't been our problem, we had a great class last season.

Recruiting was definitely an issue. Manny upgraded the offensive side of the ball whoch helped us land the 2021 class along with a lot of luck from Covid travel issues.

Banda was a good recruiter. Stroud meant well but wasn’t credible. The other two were weak. This new crew is a massive step up.

The outcome may be similar because it’s a down year for playmakers in South Florida and because it’s more competitive now that COVID restrictions are lifted. But don’t fool yourself into thinking we had it figured out last year.

Yet our best recruits were on the defensive side.

Advertisement
Back