Feels different this cycle

Ethnicsands

All-American
Plenty is different - first class that had covid full cycle, so they’re late getting out to visit places.

But we also have new coaches with recruiting reputations, and maybe manny’s learned something.

Not making a prediction, because anything can happen, but feels to me like the staff is recruiting with a bit more self-confidence, like they’ve done it before. They’re not rushing for commitments. Telling kids to take visits. Stewart is a big deal. He seems really interested. Bissainthe is critical. Fingers crossed for Kelly but they’re trying. Wilson, Rogers, Graves seem like we’re doing our part.

Oh, and we can all go back and re-read the Jacurri Brown thread next winter. Kid’s got all the potential in the world. And is a leader.

If manny figured out recruiting, we may be relevant again. This class, if it comes together, will be the difference. We haven’t had two good classes in a row in eons.

Trending up.

@RVACane

Advertisement
Plenty is different - first class that had covid full cycle, so they’re late getting out to visit places.

But we also have new coaches with recruiting reputations, and maybe manny’s learned something.

Not making a prediction, because anything can happen, but feels to me like the staff is recruiting with a bit more self-confidence, like they’ve done it before. They’re not rushing for commitments. Telling kids to take visits. Stewart is a big deal. He seems really interested. Bissainthe is critical. Fingers crossed for Kelly but they’re trying. Wilson, Rogers, Graves seem like we’re doing our part.

Oh, and we can all go back and re-read the Jacurri Brown thread next winter. Kid’s got all the potential in the world. And is a leader.

If manny figured out recruiting, we may be relevant again. This class, if it comes together, will be the difference. We haven’t had two good classes in a row in eons.

Trending up.

@RVACane
our last two classes were very good. this one has to be that next level.

our last two classes were very good. this one has to be that next level.
i think they're making moves like that, i'm sure we could have accepted some lower level commits, but instead we're going big ... i'm cautiously optimistic because we don't have a long history of closing, but it just takes a spark, and while some hate on md, we're tracking very close to the clemson track as a program and return to prominence

Trending up.

@RVACane

The funny thing is that I think this cycle is a much bigger challenge than last year or next year. There just isn't a lot of low-hanging fruit out there for Miami this year. They are having to scratch and claw and change minds.

Advertisement

Trending up.

@RVACane
We’re benefiting from all of our staff being vets or served in giant recruiting roles before. Go back when Manny first took this job and look at the resumes that were around him then compare it to now. It’s night and day. We have 2 former OCs, a vet RB coach who started in broward, a vaunted Recruiting coordinator at TE coach, one of the most respected HS coaches in recent GA history and former NFL D-line coach, Patke can be considered a vet now, and a former DC who’s one of the best recruiters in CFB with our best homegrown recruiter following him around. If you want to win then you have to hire and budget like you want to win. It’s the first time in a long time that I can say we legitimately have an elite staff around one of our HCs. It’s probably the first time since 03-04.

The funny thing is that I think this cycle is a much bigger challenge than last year or next year. There just isn't a lot of low-hanging fruit out there for Miami this year. They are having to scratch and claw and change minds.
Agreed. But the behaviors amd feedback via interviews sounds like we’re not just flailing, Hard to explain bjt feels different to me than the past.

Agreed. But the behaviors amd feedback via interviews sounds like we’re not just flailing, Hard to explain bjt feels different to me than the past.
Last year was very similar.We landed Williams and Taylor and were trending for Marshall at one point.With better recruiters on staff now this class should be even better than last.

Advertisement

Trending up.

@RVACane
Do I sense a bit of optimism OP? If so. that's saying something.

Last year was very similar.We landed Williams and Taylor and were trending for Marshall at one point.With better recruiters on staff now this class should be even better than last.
Late year the local options were a bit better and kids hd already gotten to know the staff pre-covid. Hence my post that it’s different this cycle ..l but feels like we’re recruiting with a plan. Manny used to wing it.

Do I sense a bit of optimism OP? If so. that's saying something.
Cautiously optimistic. More on approach than outcome. It’s an uncertain business but it feels like we’re executing a plan more consistently than before. Where it ends up I don’t know. We’ve got some legit recruiters on staff now, but it’s the overall approach I’m sensing. There’s that old adage about two bulls on a hill. One says to the other ‘pop, let’s run down there and eff*one a dem cows.’ Pop responds ‘no, son, let’s walk down there and eff* them all.’ Feels like we’re growin up as recruiters.

Advertisement
Cautiously optimistic. More on approach than outcome. It’s an uncertain business but it feels like we’re executing a plan more consistently than before. Where it ends up I don’t know. We’ve got some legit recruiters on staff now, but it’s the overall approach I’m sensing. There’s that old adage about two bulls on a hill. One says to the other ‘pop, let’s run down there and eff*one a dem cows.’ Pop responds ‘no, son, let’s walk down there and eff* them all.’ Feels like we’re growin up as recruiters.
Bruh if this the kind of childhood stories you grew up on it explains a lotttt about your post history lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back