Feels different this cycle

Advertisement
I come in peace........ however giving Patke a chance anything is going nowhere for a Corch that's been on the chopping twice already.

I stand corrected "IF" Pakte didn't coach the LBs while at UM
Baker I believe

Stroud and Rumph are still here and TVD was already here.
Look I'm not going get into a back and forth with you. But recruiting hasn't been our problem, we had a great class last season.
Yes a couple of coaches changed but you guys are acting as if it's an entire new staff.
Our problem has been on the field not recruiting, hopefully it changes this season.
I’ve been complimentary of the recruiting with the exception of LB and CB. Those guys moving to off field roles is different from being a position coach/recruiter. Add in TRob and Aristide and its a big difference. I expect to land some stud players at LB and CB… something Rumph and Baker didn’t do.

Advertisement
Cautiously optimistic. More on approach than outcome. It’s an uncertain business but it feels like we’re executing a plan more consistently than before. Where it ends up I don’t know. We’ve got some legit recruiters on staff now, but it’s the overall approach I’m sensing. There’s that old adage about two bulls on a hill. One says to the other ‘pop, let’s run down there and eff*one a dem cows.’ Pop responds ‘no, son, let’s walk down there and eff* them all.’ Feels like we’re growin up as recruiters.
There’s reason to be cautiously optimistic. That’s been my attitude since Manny was hired. I’ve mentioned it here several times that I want Manny to be successful not so much for his sake, but for the sake of our Canes.

Advertisement
The board is absolutely sick as of June, especially on the defensive line and in the defensive backfield, but sick in general. We have the attention of top-level recruits. But as others have said, we won't know until December-January-February whether or not we've actually leveled up. If we can close on guys like Shemar Stewart & Kamari Wilson and if we can get a late-coming big timer (Bear, Jaheim, Anthony Lucas, Deyon), then it will be really real. That's when I'll feel like we're back. If we get another #10-#15 class, then we've just matched the last two years - which were good recruiting years, but not playoff level good.

With all the new coaches and new recruits until Manny shows he can get the Canes ready to play and for FUQIN once set the tone as a normal fundamentally sound football coach......6-7
Your skepticism is understandable. But you’ve gotta admit he’s made some pretty **** good moves in the off season/s. I think we all agree we now need to see results on the field.

Advertisement
There’s reason to be cautiously optimistic. That’s been my attitude since Manny was hired. I’ve mentioned it here several times that I want Manny to be successful not so much for his sake, but for the sake of our Canes.
I haven’t seen a lot from manny to be optimistic about before this season. He’s quick to fix mistakes but he sure makes a lot. My concern was he was more flash than substance, more talk than process. But we have better recruiters on staff and, I think, Manny better understands recruiting than he did previously. So fingers crossed.

With all the new coaches and new recruits until Manny shows he can get the Canes ready to play and for FUQIN once set the tone as a normal fundamentally sound football coach......6-7
With alot of the right talent he will win just because. If he doesn't fix the OL and DL and doesn't fill those slots with first round types he will struggle. U have to control the line and get talented type Miami athletic dbs.

Advertisement
We got a lot of them last cycle. But it was an usual cycle because covid and one datapoint doesn’t create a trend. If we do well this cycle, which is less favorable overall to us in terms of local kids, it’ll start to look like a trend.
With Ethnic here, last cycle was prob easier due to covid and no traveling and believe it or not, the kids were about family! Could be a blessing in disguise. Something does feel different nowadays. the recruits say it, theyre families say it,..... lets just enjoy the ride and hope Manny figures it out (per Shoop its quite a new defense).

This cycle they’ve definitely had to work for it a lot more than last year. But it’s a staff full of guys who know what they’re looking for and one that can relate to the kids. I still think this class will be small so it won’t end up very highly ranked but if they can reel in the handful of big game fish they’ve currently got on the line, it will be a huge success. Anything inside the top 15 classes and I’ll do cartwheels.

Advertisement
Back