Feds slowly chipping away at College Bribery and Fraud.

Advertisement
The quick answer is … it is important.

But for me, I don’t care. However, I also don’t care about “bags” for athletes and have no problem at all with student-athletes flagrantly selling themselves to the school that will do the most to get them.

This … is just the reverse.

i think my point is the same as yours. idc either about any of it.

Advertisement
The real tragedy here is that if they were basketball or football players they would be removed from the school. They wouldn’t be able to continue their education.

I’m betting that none of these kids are kicked out of school.

Solid point but one can argue the athletes received the money in this case the situation is reversed.

Advertisement
Stopped reading when they didn’t mention anything about Ridley and his SAT. 😂
This soccer coach is about to get even more money to keep her mouth shut. She will spend about 00.00 dollars on legal fees. Serve 4 months in a white collar prison and retire to some careoben paradise.
I gues this explains the 5”7 150 line backers on P5 rosters.

Can you point this paradise out on the map for me..I’d love to go.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
**** has frozen over and I agree wholeheartedly with Tetragrammaton Cane.

Lets not forget the most famous recent example (the New Yorker didn't)

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/jared-kusher-college-admissions-story-shady-but-legal.html
Jeebus, you're right. The sad part is he'll still neg me for this.

Lets not forget about the anti-gun SJW Parkland kid who got rejected everywhere the suddenly was accepted by Harvard when he *****ed publicly. It ain't just money that greases the wheels.

Other than prestige, what value do these institutions actually provide? Is the education somehow better? Are they privy to some secret information that nobody else is?

Jeebus, you're right. The sad part is he'll still neg me for this.

Lets not forget about the anti-gun SJW Parkland kid who got rejected everywhere the suddenly was accepted by Harvard when he *****ed publicly. It ain't just money that greases the wheels.

Other than prestige, what value do these institutions actually provide? Is the education somehow better? Are they privy to some secret information that nobody else is?
The right people

Advertisement
I had to. I just couldn’t help it. LOL. But you deserved it anyway … dropping the politics in there.

Quick story: an old classmate of mine was rich. His dad, who was worth conservatively 150M 30 years ago, had “pioneered” an area of law in a certain region of the country. So convinced he was of his privilege (having recommendations from a sitting SCOTUS Chief Justice in addition to the biggest entertainer of the day will do that for you) that his law school applications totaled 4 schools, iirc: Harvard, Yale … Georgetown was his safety. He had good scores, he had great grades, but I guess they felt he had too much privilege; that he wasn’t THAT exceptional. He wasn’t accepted. The real ELITES can be that choosy.

His dad pulled him from school in the late spring - he never came back - and he began law school at a very good regional school that fall without ever applying.

The “value” provided by these universities is more extreme than ever, a point hammered home multiple times by @OriginalGatorHater over the last few months. The result for today’s graduates is high-paying career path or demand economy also known as the servant economy: Uber, etc.

How Boomers broke America

“The meritocratic class has mastered the old trick of consolidating wealth and passing privilege along at the expense of other people’s children.”

Very well said brother!

Just so that I am clear...

Wealthy father who went to Yale (whose wealthy father also went to Yale), making six-figure donations directly to the school to get his otherwise undeserving child admitted as a "legacy" is not "a separate college admissions system for the wealthy."

Wealthy father who did not go to Yale but makes six-figure payments to a third-party "charitable organization" (that isn't really a charitable organization) to get his otherwise undeserving child admitted into Yale as a pseudo-athlete is "a separate college admissions system for the wealthy."

Is that about right?

Pretty much, except I’m pretty sure the organization in scenario B is a “for profit” organization, so it couldn’t really be described as a “charitable organization”.

Advertisement
Back