Favorite Hurricane ROAD games you've attended?

Hoping about two months from now in Trailerhassee there will be another one at the top ...

In the meantime, these are the best two for me:

Oct. 11, 2003 in Tally
Canes 22, Semenholes 14: A hyped-up Top 5 showdown ended up as an ***-kicking in a downpour. Miami went up 19-0 at half and Free Shoes was done for. Oh yeah. UM was a touchdown underdog (?!) despite coming to Dork Campbell with a 37-game regular-season winning streak. "**** right we took it personally," Sean Taylor said. LOL, Canes back then never had trouble finding motivation.

Nov. 29, 1980 in Gaynesville
Canes 31, Gayturds 7: Us middle-aged and older Canes remember this game for Schnellenberger ordering a last-second field goal because UFelony fans were behaving like the sorry losers they were/are, throwing stuff at UM's bench late in the game. I just heard about that part, though, since my family decided to get an early jump on going back home to Daytona. Fun fact: Jim Kelly wore a T-shirt 2 years later for an ABC TV interview that read: Gators Eat Boogers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"The Miracle in Durham" or simply "The play." Been a Canes fan since 1990 and been to a good amount of road games, but that ending was fire! Wish you guys could have seen the faces on all the Dookie Fans...:0

2012 @ GT, the overtime win (when Malcom broke his leg)

2013 @ UNC, zero dark Thursday bull**** when Dallas Crawford went HAM

1991 @ FSU. #1 vs #2 . First Wide Right.

On the way to the game, we walked past a FSU fan that had designed and had custom built a gorgeous FSU van. He already had on the van "1991 Nationsl,Champions. " We stopped and chatted with him and he was pleasant but extremely confident that FSU would handle Miami. Well after the game we walked by the van again and his tailgate party was extremely quiet. He also had put a FOR SALE sign on the van.

2002 at UF and at UT were both awesome game experiences for me. The Swamp was drained that day and you rarely heard Rocky Top in the second half.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1991 @ FSU. #1 vs #2 . First Wide Right.

On the way to the game, we walked past a FSU fan that had designed and had custom built a gorgeous FSU van. He already had on the van "1991 Nationsl,Champions. " We stopped and chatted with him and he was pleasant but extremely confident that FSU would handle Miami. Well after the game we walked by the van again and his tailgate party was extremely quiet. He also had put a FOR SALE sign on the van.

2002 at UF and at UT were both awesome game experiences for me. The Swamp was drained that day and you rarely heard Rocky Top in the second half.

I'll never stop regretting not going to that one. One the other hand the roar you could hear across campus was amazing.

Bowl game vs uf at the chick fil a peach bowl beating that sh*tty school from gainesville

"The Miracle in Durham" or simply "The play." Been a Canes fan since 1990 and been to a good amount of road games, but that ending was fire! Wish you guys could have seen the faces on all the Dookie Fans...:0

I was there also, drove there from Cherry Point

Canes at Pitt 2003. ST and Rolle held Larry Fitzgerald to something like 26 yards. Froze my *** off at Heinz, but totally worth it.

Advertisement
****. The ONLY game I was privy to was Miami vs Notre Dame at Soldier Field. Paid out the *** for good tix and spent the weekend w my pops in Chicago. Lots of fans in the bars in Chicago. We were pretty wrecked by game time. We rode a rickshaw from the last bar to the game. Worst possible outcome for my first game. That is when I knew Golden wasn't the answer.

Either way - spent a lot of time at a bunch of awesome blues bars. Lots of Miami fans all over the city - until the day b4 the game. Then all the Irish fans started pouring in.

Pretty sure I met a bunch of guys from the WEZ out there.

Last edited:
Canes at Vols

They had a long run on the first series and 100k erupted. Loudest stadium I had ever heard, and I was at OB for plenty. We then stomped em like a gnark at a biker rally, 26-3. The crowd was actually very nice and drank with us.

At FSU 2001- The *** kickin' at Choak Shamble stadium. As I walk in the stadium, looking for my seat, the first thing I see, is the blocked punt for a TD. Partied all week long!!!

Man. I gotta go to a game vs FSU. Already saw Notre Dame (see above).

I see Ohio Taint enough with the gophers.

But not being in Miami (about as far away as possible) sucks.

Been toyin around with buying a "retirement" condo down there just to have an extra reason to go and see the games. I haven't missed a game for a long time tho on Tv. Sometimes streaming. I give away my gopher season tix if Miami is playing at the same time.

Advertisement
Both the Clemson away games, not only did we walk away with wins both games, but the walk to their stadium is absolutely gorgeous and their fans were respectable as ****. Beautiful surroundings too. If we're talking just the actual game, 09 Tally and watching those douchebags walk out ****ed off refs didnt rule Ponders pass a catch, when it clearly wasnt. Same with the 2005 VT game because all we heard on the way to the stadium was 'Oh national championship here we come' beat em 27-7 and those fans were silent af after that.

2009 at Doak was my favorite, Jacory to Benjamin, just a stellar back and forth matchup that went down to the last play.

2009 at Doak was my favorite, Jacory to Benjamin, just a stellar back and forth matchup that went down to the last play.

Mines too. I will never forget how crunk fsu was when they went up, then how they went silent after the Travis B TD, or how you could hear a pin drop in the stadium during the review of the last play while I'm going nuts cause I knew it wasn't a catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Mines too. I will never forget how crunk fsu was when they went up, then how they went silent after the Travis B TD, or how you could hear a pin drop in the stadium during the review of the last play while I'm going nuts cause I knew it wasn't a catch

i've never seen a stadium clear so fast after a game.

i've never seen a stadium clear so fast after a game.

I was there too. Lived in Tally at the time. Love when they lose, town is silent. That was a great game to be at.

I was there also, drove there from Cherry Point

Was there as well. Halfway through the 4th I just knew we were going to blow the lead. It happened, I was so mad I started to leave, then came back just to see the last play. It was a good move.

Advertisement
Back