Favorite Hurricane ROAD games you've attended?

@ FSU, 2007

Close game, Wright gets knocked out in the fourth. So Freeman comes out, looking scared and jittery, more ***** than steer, you know. But right before getting absolutely CRUSHED, he delivers a dime to Epps for the go-ahead touchdown, with less than two minutes on the clock. The hit Freeman took was so hard it knocked the U tattoo right off his back, true story! Then, to add insult to injury, we force a fumble on FSU's pray-for-me drive, and I think it was C. McCarthy who scooped and scored.

I was in the Miami student section at Doak, and we sang "Hey, Hey Goodbye" at the top of our lungs to the thousands of slack jawed FSU fans who filed out of the stadium with their middle fingers up but their heads down.

It was glorious.

This is mine, too. First time going up to Tally for a game. On our way in, the Seminole chant was deafening in that pedestrian tunnel under the road next to Doak. After the game, all you could hear in there was "It's great... to be... a Miami Hurricane!" echoing past all those silent Noles. **** was beautiful.

Advertisement
1988 in the Big House in Ann Arbor. My buddy and his dad who were Michigan season ticket holders were breaking my nutz the whole game, until the epic 4th quarter that is when we erased a 30-14 deficit in the last 7 minutes. After the game, I just smiled and held up the four fingers and said: "Jimmy Johnson BABY!"

At FSU 1983. The one that started the dynasty and got us to the Orange Bowl to face Nebraska for our first national championship. Flea Davis hit the game winning FG with no time left.

At FSU 1987. 1 vs 2. Winner was going to win National Championship. There were no other teams even close to the level of those teams. UM down big in the fourth. Playmaker down the sideline for 80. Outrunning Dedrick Dodge. I've never heard a rocking loud stadium quieted down so quickly. Soul crushing loss for the Noles.

2005 @ Virginia Tech- Was persuaded on a Friday afternoon to buy a last second plane ticket and game ticket off Craigslist to go to this game when we were both Top 5 teams...we got so lit in both DC and Blacksburg and just beat the living **** out of them for 4 quarters. My buddy bought one of those turkey legs at the beginning of the game and wouldn't put it down till something went wrong...it never did.

Also, last season @ Georgia Tech was a blast. We were still undefeated, And Miami fans took over that stadium and tailgate. It was nice to almost feel like a home team at an away stadium. Also realized our new D was for real that game. Fun from start to finish.

Advertisement
2002 at Florida, I was sitting in the student section and they were talking all kinds of ****, until about 1/2 of a quarter into the game, we whooped that ***, we were loaded!

2008, College Station, TX: Texas A&M vs UM (Unfortunately that's the only game I've been able to attend)

Greg Cooper had a pretty good game IIRC. It was stupid hot tho. I went with my a good friend of mine, former roommate, and A&M Alum. College Station was a fun town and good crowd.

At FSU 1983. The one that started the dynasty and got us to the Orange Bowl to face Nebraska for our first national championship. Flea Davis hit the game winning FG with no time left.

At FSU 1987. 1 vs 2. Winner was going to win National Championship. There were no other teams even close to the level of those teams. UM down big in the fourth. Playmaker down the sideline for 80. Outrunning Dedrick Dodge. I've never heard a rocking loud stadium quieted down so quickly. Soul crushing loss for the Noles.

There is nothing better.

Advertisement
Back