Favorite Hurricane ROAD games you've attended?

2003 game at Doak in the rain. Also saw us play in Blacksburg in the Jacory harris shootout we lost by a fg. Atmosphere was a lot of fun in Va but the away win in Doak still is number one for me.

Advertisement
I've made a lot of ****** choices in terms of road games - ND at Soldier Field, ND - last year at South Bend, OSU - few years back at the horseshoe, VT - the Jimmy Graham drops game, a terrible FSU game in Tally in like '05 we lost 10-7. I have had some good and bad experiences living in ATL and going to watch us play GT every other year, but the best road game was in Gainesville in '86 when we smacked the Gators around.

Haven't been to a game in tally ever...but Boone last year was fun...great little town

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

Ton of cane fans

Last edited:
Trailerhasse 2001 and 2003
Rocky Top 2002 - We had 2 rental vans totally decked out in Hurricane flags, and magnets - and after the game at a stop light somebody yelled at us "If you all like Miami so much why don't you go live there" - we all replied at the same time "we do" - not the smartest UT fan we ran into that weekend.

Advertisement
@ Beaver Stadium, 1992.

I was only 10 but I remember them playing Public Enemy over the sound system. Barrow still says it made them feel like they were at home. My uncle was able to get us on the field prior to the game and Gino saw me wearing my Cane's sweats, ran by and gave me a high-five on his way through the tunnel. PSU's kicker missed 2 FG's that day and we won 17-14.

Runner-up would be @ College Park 2011, only bc it was Fat Al's first game, so he was one game closer to being fired.

@ FSU in 2001 and @ UF in 2002

Two dominating wins on rival territory during the height of our winning streak. The best part about those days is that we'd walk around town the whole weekend pillaging and there was nothing they could do to stop us.

Also, not technically a road game, but the Sugar Bowl in 2000 against UF was another great trip, with the Bourbon Street Brawl setting the tone for the week. We left that game thinking we'd split the title with FSU, only to have those losers score 2 points against Oklahoma.

The 87 and 91 games in Tallahassee and more recently the 2013 game at UNC. Went to the bowl game vs WVU and enjoyed that right much. I went to pretty much every game in tallahassee between 80-93 so I have a few away games I hate also.

#2 - Happy Valley 2001 - as the U part 2 pointed out - PSU pulled out all the stops - 1) First game after stadium expanded 2) Honored the team that beat us in the Fiesta 3) but the biggest emotional charge is that a former DB Adam Tailaferro(?) who many thought would be paralyzed for life after getting injured in a game lead their team on the field. Game me chills..... we then destroyed them

#1 BC 2001 - We had zero business winning that game. KD had 4 picks.

Advertisement
Canes at UT in 2002. Being from Tennessee and witnessing that was incredible. I'd give anything to see another home and home with them in my lifetime

Canes at Vols

They had a long run on the first series and 100k erupted. Loudest stadium I had ever heard, and I was at OB for plenty. We then stomped em like a gnark at a biker rally, 26-3. The crowd was actually very nice and drank with us.

I remember it being college gameday.. Some Tennessee fan had a sign that said go vols really big, took up most of the poster but down at the bottom it said "but you better pick the Canes"

They knew they were getting stomped

Advertisement
Wide Right I.

Also, not a road game for us, but was at the UF FSU game where the gators gave up the huge lead and FSU tied the game. It felt like a gator loss, without FSU having to win. Outside of a Cane win, that's about as good as it gets.

Advertisement
Last year at NC State, because the only other road games I've been to we've lost (2015 Cincy game and 2015 FSU game). Also props to NC State and their fans. Cool stadium/atmosphere and not a single d*ickhead comment from an NC State fan the whole day to me and my dad, uncle, and cousin who were all wearing UM jerseys.

IMG_2227.jpg

Haven't been to any significant away games that counted for anything, but it was great to see Duke score 3TDs at Boston College for his debut.

Advertisement
Back