Fan negativity - Ivins

We've seen these same tired excuses for 15 years now under 5 different regimes. As if fan behavior is the only way recruits would notice how much of a trash heap this program is. Losing to Georgia Tech, FIU, and Duke (for the 2nd year in a row) has nothing to do with it.

View attachment 104792

**** Ivins in both his ear holes

Close this idiotic thread.

Advertisement
I've said this before, a lot of fans would rather express their negative feelings aloud if it hurts recruitment or not. its very stupid, but they don't realize that nor do they care. its one thing to do it on a message board or private board, but tagging recruits, commenting in their posts is extremely dumb and doesn't help anyone.

even one our current commits' mom has stated that the negativity from fans hurts recruiting.

The day Miami Fans are positive about 6-6 is the day this program is really dead.

Welcome to the real world of big league sports where fans demand excellence.

Bama fans are super negative and ****ed this year too the only difference is they won 10 games.
Exactly. I bet bama fans say way more wild **** than um fans all over social media but you'll never hear this ******* girl "omg miami fans are like so f'in toxic on twitter" as a reason they don't end up in tuscaloosa or another kkk stronghold.

Some of the dimwits on this site want it both ways. Bash and humiliate the coaching publicly on social media and then ***** and complain those same coaches for not landing certain players. Now that is some funny **** right there. Swear we have some dumb fans.

Advertisement
How can you blame the fans? We’ve been *** for 15 years with the exception of the 2017 season.

Alabama lost to Troy
Iron Mike lost to Buster Douglass
The Pat's lots the freaking Gmen on a ball caught by David Tyree
The Braves won one chip with all that dominating pitching

Get over it champ. It's been 3 weeks..**** that I'm not getting all excited but I'll be **** sure if I mope in every thread.

Lsu lost to Troy, Giants are another NFL team, & ATL still won a championship. Putrid examples.

Advertisement
This thread is the perfect representation of our fan base. You guys can be whatever kind of fan that you want to be, but I’m a fan of The U. Not just a fan when things are going well, or whenever the teams have my favorite coaches coaching every position and my favorite players playing every position. I’m a fan through it all and will stay that way. IF Manny is ultimately unable to get things turned around and ultimately does get fired, then I will continue to support the team, no matter who the next coach is, because that’s what fans do. Not sit there and try to tear everything down year after year when the team doesn’t perform to their expectations.

Thankfully, the Canes fans FB group has given me hope that there are still rational fans out there, who want The U to succeed. But this board is 90% fair weather fans who will turn on a coach/player at any given moment and every post they make is negative and seem to relish in our struggles. Must be a fun way to live. The mods here seem to enjoy it and partake in the madness too so I expect it’ll get worse before it gets better.

Not only is our fan base full of pathetic front runners, apparently you all aren’t too bright either. This thread is about recruits feeling a certain way bc “fans” of this program clearly aren’t actual fans and clearly don’t support this university. Yet we have a bunch of dumb asses saying **** like if you don’t want us to ***** then win. Uh, the recruits haven’t played a game here so what the **** are y’all talking about. Or do you even know? My money is on you just this as yet another chance to make fools of yourselves so carry on.

Imagine having high standards as a fan and your coach spewing bull**** all off season just to go 6-6 with terrible losses
Imagine it being 2019, and fans having confidence in anyone holding a position of power in regards to UM football. And then, thinking that it is "rational" to do so.

It definitely hurts. Those recruits and a couple of others have said so this class. Cant go on twitter and bash the school in THEIR comment session and expect them to not feel some type of way. If the fans dont protect and love their school why should any recruit? The UM account cant post anything anymore without 100 ugly *** fat dudes commenting to fire everyone. Kids take notice and honestly this has gone on for a while.
Amazing how in one post someone can say don’t talk bad about the program or school but call our fans ugly fat dudes. Stfu you piece of crap. Blame the ones that didn’t coach well enough to win a cupcake schedule. Idiot

Advertisement
Nobody said it was the fans fault
Nobody said it’s ok to lose to Fiu and duke.
Now everyone who wants to defend trashing the school out in the open to all our recruits can see please come up with a different defense. Frankly It makes me cringe to read some of this negative crap on my twitter feed. as if I don’t know all the negative crap I have to read it over and over.

if you need a support group because you need to vent text a friend or post on canesinsight. We have plenty of negative whiny threads going.

And this former Olympic athlete Tim O’Brien drives me crazy. All he does is ***** all day on Twitter trashing the program and other guys defend him and say because he was a coach of some
Olympic sport like fencing he has a license to trash the program for all to see.

things have changed a lot in just a few years. Everyone has a voice now. Use that voice responsibly. all I know is if I’m trying to sell something I don’t want anyone else putting negative thoughts in the prospects head. If you want the coaches to make their best pitch why undermine them ?

rant over.

Last edited:
Check this out. All schools and media do it. This kid decommits from Auburn and picks Bama today. He screenshot his text with Auburn coaches he was leaving them. Auburn media writes an article saying the kid got his scholarship pulled.

social media is a phucking circus and everyone is a clown. This is what it has come to. Kids screen shorting snapchats to coaches to call out media members of the team he left......but we only here about miami stuff. This is happening everywhere all day everyday in all walks of life.
View attachment 104835

People on this board swear it's just South Fla kids that do this...

Advertisement
Ima have to call it out here. These kids need to shut up and deal with it you wanna be a big time recruit and be in the fame and in some circumstances troll schools well dont cry when people call u out and tell u how they feel. You think that these pros you guys are tryna become dont deal with it wake up. Idgaf they should use it as a positive reinforcement that if I **** up im gonna hear about it.

It definitely hurts. Those recruits and a couple of others have said so this class. Cant go on twitter and bash the school in THEIR comment session and expect them to not feel some type of way. If the fans dont protect and love their school why should any recruit? The UM account cant post anything anymore without 100 ugly *** fat dudes commenting to fire everyone. Kids take notice and honestly this has gone on for a while.
Only the stealth gators, noles and other enemies pretending to to be Miami fans do that. Been saying for years how this bites us in the rear only to be responded to with"if he cares that much what we say on a message board then I don't want him anyway!" Then these same people turn right around lame these kids go elsewhere and how things haven't turned around yet.

Stop blaming the fans. The coaching sucks and underachieves. Ivins giving that (recruit awareness of fan discontent) mention at all IMO enables this trashy staff and their BS.

our fans suck too. Lets not kid ourselves. Kids are being sold playing in front of large crowds and even when Miami was dominating I'd go to games and there were empty seats. Big games yeah sure its packed, but other than that it wouldn't be packed. Been that way for years and other teams are capitalizing on it since we've been down.

Advertisement
Back