Official Fall PractiSe 2: August 6

Is Johnson an upgrade from Flagg? I think it would be nearly impossible not to be. Do we think Jackson will be good? Yes but not based off him dominating the B1G last year.
Lmao what did you just say?!!
You on that ****!!! How you comparing an all conference LB to that JAG?! If the coaches thought he was any good they would not have gone to get bruh! I don’t even know why I took time to entertain this stupidity you just wrote! And even worse is what you said about Jackson! I absolutely believe he will be good because of the conference he played in! The B1G is better than the ACC! It’s the second best conference in the nation. It’s probably got the best Olines. Like 8 of those schools would have ran for 700 vs us last year lol. To stand out in that conference, that division last year as a DT against those lines speaks volumes!

Advertisement
Lmao what did you just say?!!
You on that ****!!! How you comparing an all conference LB to that JAG?! I’d the coaches thought he was any good they would not have gone to get bruh! I don’t even know why I took time to entertain this stupidity you just wrote! And even worse is what you said about Jackson! I absolutely believe he will be good because of the conference he played in! The B1G is better than the ACC! It’s the second best conference in the nation. It’s probably got the best Olines. Like 8 of those schools would have ran for 700 vs us last year lol. To stand out in that conference, that division last year as a DT against those lines speaks volumes!
You said stacked. This originated from me trying to understand how. If the bar for stacked is better than below average I wanna know. Jackson didn’t dominate last year so we don't have proof he is an upgrade. We are foreshadowing and projecting. If you don't understand this concept take TVD as an example. We have proof he was one of the best QBs in the ACC last year.

You said stacked. This originated from me trying to understand how. If the bar for stacked is better than below average I wanna know. Jackson didn’t dominate last year so we don't have proof he is an upgrade. We are foreshadowing and projecting. If you don't understand this concept take TVD as an example. We have proof he was one of the best QBs in the ACC last year.
The silver lining here is not one player specifically but the fact we have quality depth at positions that have been problematic for our success on the field recently

I did not say LB was stacked! I said QB, RB, DLines and Safeties. I specifically explained what the other positions needed! You are talking about the ACC as if it’s some all world conference. If you stand out in one good conference you will definitely be good in another. Especially with better players all around you and a year older and stronger. This cat Jackson was a youngster ballin at DT! Not many of the greats did that so early on in their careers. It takes time and natural progression shows he will be better this year than last in this weaker conference. He didn’t even start till halfway through the season last year.

Advertisement
I did not say LB was stacked! I said QB, RB, DLines and Safeties. I specifically explained what the other positions needed! You are talking about the ACC as if it’s some all world conference. If you stand out in one good conference you will definitely be good in another. Especially with better players all around you and a year older and stronger. This cat Jackson was a youngster ballin at DT! Not many of the greats did that so early on in their careers. It takes time and natural progression shows he will be better this year than last in this weaker conference. He didn’t even start till halfway through the season last year.
You brought up the LB from UCLA not me? Lmao are you even reading what you write. I just carried this on because I legitimately wanted to understand what you called stacked. Secondary and DL ain't it.

There is no Depth Chart right now & there won’t be one until after the 2nd scrimmage.

And somehow people still haven’t realized that the media only gets to view a portion of practice, they see the first 10-15 minutes of drills & that’s it. The overwhelming majority of writers who cover this team don’t have a clue as to what happens on a day to day basis or exactly how things are going, they are essentially giving fans a snapshot of what they see & just regurgitating it as if it’s “reporting”.

David Lake says, “Wow Darrell Jackson can really move for his size!”, like yeah, have you ever seen him play before? Lol that’s not a shock to anyone who pays attention. However, in his defense, he’s right to report on things as if he’s talking to an audience who doesn’t pay attention because realistically most of our fans don’t, so I don’t blame him or fault him for reporting as if he’s talking to elementary school children because that shoe kinda fits with this fan base unfortunately lol
This needs to be posted at the top of the board for future use lol.

You brought up the LB from UCLA not me? Lmao are you even reading what you write. I just carried this on because I legitimately wanted to understand what you called stacked. Secondary and DL ain't it.
Again, I NEVER said LB was stacked. Reading comprehension! This is what I said.
1659833119399.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nah, he’s not that level good - not even close. Nice player but he has a long way to go. He might not even start this year
U must’ve lost ur mind! He’s definitely starting this year! Notice I said he would be in their level BY THE TIME HE LEAVES

Advertisement
Again, I NEVER said LB was stacked. Reading comprehension! This is what I said. View attachment 203076
I do believe there's reason for optimism, but stacked to me is McGahee and Gore backing up Portis. I like our backfield, and there's some talent there, but I'm unsure if any are high NFL draft pick types. Maybe Citizen-Cane, but that's strictly based on HS film and glowing pre-season reports. Who knows?
Love TVD, and the 'potential' behind him, but does that mean stacked? Similar with DT/DE. Who's the proven guy? Mesidor I guess. There's a lot of 'potential' along the DL from Taylor to the big transfer from Md., a possible bounce back from Agude, and a couple highly thought of true frosh. DE's. But if unproven, does that mean 'stacked'? Appears we'll have quality depth along the defensive line, but if no one emerges to dominate, or if there aren't multiple playas' at any one position - is that stacked? Like Taylor behind Reed, Winslow behind Shockey, to a lesser degree Tiger Clark behind George Mira; Andre Johnson waiting in the wings behind Santana and Reggie Wayne...

Advertisement
Back