Official Fall PractiSe #12: Thursday August 18

Dam you think we gonna neuter an NFL QB while tryna prove "toughness" in 10 man boxes as DC dare us to throw while we bang into wall?! Off to the Mario qb killer thread

Bat Signal 80S GIF
Ha. Ya trollin'. But, seriously, I have zero idea what we'll see, but I don't think it's fair or reasonable to expect us to see what we did last year - especially when we "let Tyler loose," as the announcer claimed to hear from Lashlee.

Advertisement
Rod Woodson played like 10 years as a Corner before moving to Safety (and, IIRC, after he busted his knee). Did you mean Charles? Even he didn't make the move to Safety until he was in his mid-30s. I think Tyrique is a different type of DB than either of those guys. In the NFL, he may get a look inside much, much earlier.
Charles had better hands and was more athletic. Nope Rod is what I see. Beast who loves to hit! Seventeen year NFL career and HOF. He’s a dog with a brain. He’ll play CB for as long as he can and transition to safety to extend his career. He’s the smartest football player we’ve had here in forever. His brains alone will make him an asset as he ages. His leadership is second to none. He leads like Ed. He’s all about accountability. Makes everything look Effortless, but works harder than he’s given credit for. Ed always made it look easy too.

Advertisement
It’s the most depth we’ve had on Defense since 2017...

We essentially have 3 levels that can be augmented with cross-positional interoperability at nearly every spot.

It’s simply a matter of personnel chess & picking the right piece for the right move in the right moment.

Other than about 3 or 4 guys, the Defense has the least amount of questionable talent & appears to be the best unit of the team overall. The versatility combined with the Defensive Coaching Braintrust of Kevin Steele, Charlie Strong, Eddy O with the DL & DB coaches makes for an opportunity for the Defense to vastly improve & make their way into a top 20 ranking this season.
Agree, now we just need a couple WR to step up and a couple LB's to step up their game to the rest of the D. We would be rollin'.

I re-watched the Pitt game last night...

1. I think people have forgotten how good TVD is. He carried the entire program, ****** defense, amateur coaches and all.

2. If we can generate pressure with 4 linemen our defense will be really good.

Challenge to the board: watch the Pitt game from last season and tell me who beats us this season and why..

Oh, we have not forgotten how good TVD is. I think we all know.

Advertisement
It seems that the Canes are still in an experimental phase on defense in Fall camp. They are playing different players in different positions to see how they respond. I think Steele, Strong and the other defensive coaches are still trying to figure out what they have. I think Steel will design the defense and play calls around the strengths of the defensive personnel, as well as the situation. IMHO, this is what great coaches do - play to your strenghts and minimize your weaknesses. The 11 best players for each situation will play. Fortnately, we have the depth to really present some problems and surprises for offenses on our schedule. I’m really excited about the direction for this defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Charles had better hands and was more athletic. Nope Rod is what I see. Beast who loves to hit! Seventeen year NFL career and HOF. He’s a dog with a brain. He’ll play CB for as long as he can and transition to safety to extend his career. He’s the smartest football player we’ve had here in forever. His brains alone will make him an asset as he ages. His leadership is second to none. He leads like Ed. He’s all about accountability. Makes everything look Effortless, but works harder than he’s given credit for. Ed always made it look easy too.

Rod was a track star. I'm not sure we remember the same player. He was absolutely electric with crazy straight line speed. Like, official times at track meets and at the combine. He was a demon when he got his hands on the ball. Had all sorts of return records.

That's not really Tyrique's game, which is why UGA tried to move him inside to take advantage of his instincts, toughness, and smarts. Tyrique has a more stout build. In today’s defenses, I can see him excelling as a utility guy within NFL subpackages.

In any case, hope the best for Tyrique, whatever path that may be. Hope he absolutely balls out this year and makes himself as much $ as possible. The better he looks on the outside, the more versatile he’ll be seen by scouts and GMs.

Advertisement
Back