Official Fall PractiSe #12: Thursday August 18

Advertisement
Last year was his 1st year playing. His progression probably will not be a straight line up and to the right. think sawtooth
Amy Poehler What GIF

Advertisement
Word of mouth that it’s not lower body and possibly precautionary to protect RB depth.

This is why it’s important to have depth. The fact that we still have Knighton, Parrish and Thad healthy is a blessing.

For now. We haven't even scrimmaged twice and we've already lost 40% of the RB room?

Full stop...I'm not saying Chaney's injury is anything even close to Citizen's. I have no idea. I'm just saying, *IF* Chaney is already hurt, I wouldn't use the word "blessing" and our RB room in the same sentence. But again, hopefully it's nothing or it's just precautionary. You can't play an entire season with 3 scholarship RBs. We saw that last year after Cam and Chaney got hurt. Rooster got worn down very quickly, and he didn't even play the first 4 games.

Advertisement
Lol at "For people that don't Math on a regular basis"......I'm very well versed in Trig...Geometry..and Calculus....and I know Law of Cosines like the back of my hand.

Thats great, but if you don't work and talk about graphs as part of your job, most people wouldn't hear the colloquial terms for different graph shapes......My long time mentor got his masters from UM in stat and got his phd from Carnegie Mellon, but he still calls graphs inverted hockey sticks, crooked smiles, and sawtooths because it sounds boring and douchey to say " ah yes carl I was looking at the data and found an odd -ln(x) shape in it". I compare it to the terms mechanics use for parts vs the engineers who designed them

Advertisement
Did you believe Michigan was a top 10 team last year? Restrepo caught 24 passes as WR4 last year. Michigan’s leading receiver caught 40 passes last year. Their WR2 caught 25
Yeah and their passing game wasn't very good at all. Their starting QB only threw 15TDs in 14 Games. If our passing game looks like Michigan were screwed. Michigan had a really good OL so they were able to run the ball down teams throat. Our OL isn't able to do that yet.

Why are you assuming Restrepo cant do that? Similar height, weight, speed, and work ethic. Edelman wasnt even a WR, he was a college QB, until he got to the pros. Restrepos future remains to be seen and theres no basis to claim the limits you have.
Edelman was extremely rare, you rarely ever see players like that become WR1s in the NFL. Restrepo has yet to show us he can be a Julian Edelman type WR, We should chill on the unrealistic expectations.

Advertisement
He's only a WR1 here because we have a mediocre WR room.
WR 1 last year went undrafted despite breaking single season records. Really great quarterbacks elevate the players around them. TVD is capable of making an OK player look like a really good one

Yeah and their passing game wasn't very good at all. Their starting QB only threw 15TDs in 14 Games. If our passing game looks like Michigan were screwed. Michigan had a really good OL so they were able to run the ball down teams throat. Our OL isn't able to do that yet.
None of that matters in regards to your original question, dont move the goal posts. This is what you wrote and what he was responding to with facts...

"I'm asking can he be a WR1 for a legit Top 10 caliber team"

WR 1 last year went undrafted despite breaking single season records. Really great quarterbacks elevate the players around them. TVD is capable of making an OK player look like a really good one
Dont try it with sense, it doesn't work.

Edelman was extremely rare, you rarely ever see players like that become WR1s in the NFL. Restrepo has yet to show us he can be a Julian Edelman type WR, We should chill on the unrealistic expectations.
No one is claiming X will reach that level. But you are the one, in your typical negativity, writing him off before he's shown whether he can.

Advertisement
Back