Official Fall PractiSe #12: Thursday August 18

Advertisement
Adding akheem was such a huge addition seems like such a great guy with his head in the right mind space. He's going to elevate a lot of the younger guys. It's also nice for guys like Roberts to train with a guy like him because they are that tweener type who are little light for the inside and big for the outside. So ******* stoked for this 2 deep. Never thought I would say that about dline especially with how awful last year looked
Glad to see many coming around that the DLine should be a strength this coming season. I think the defense will surprise many.. Still have some holes at LB to fill but once they get that sorted out we should be good. DB have ALOT of bodies, we should be able to sort out 5-6 guys to come together and lock **** down.. Dline has size, experience, depth to really be a better unit.. We just need one or two situational guys to step up off edge.. Dont care if its one of freshman or other guy.. Someone to scream off edge.. Should be fun defense again.

Glad to see many coming around that the DLine should be a strength this coming season. I think the defense will surprise many.. Still have some holes at LB to fill but once they get that sorted out we should be good. DB have ALOT of bodies, we should be able to sort out 5-6 guys to come together and lock **** down.. Dline has size, experience, depth to really be a better unit.. We just need one or two situational guys to step up off edge.. Dont care if its one of freshman or other guy.. Someone to scream off edge.. Should be fun defense again.
I know we have been Uber critical of the lb position but honestly a lot of that that Manny's inept scheme. It put so much on the lbs and safeties. Not having gap integrity and letting the line run rampant if they didn't disrupt in the back field we were screwed. Lbs will look much better with the scheme change alone not to mention the coaching

Advertisement
Before anyone asks TS isn’t moving to star but he’ll get reps there during the season , likely being dictated by situation / down and distance. I imagine that’s why Davis is getting reps at practice with the pass rushers. He’s a Lb but could be used off the edge to rush the passer situationally. You’ll see things you haven’t seen in recent years to get the best players on the field especially on money downs. JW is another one who’ll be used in different facets. And yes he’s still a SAFETY!

Before anyone asks TS isn’t moving to star but he’ll get reps there during the season , likely being dictated by situation / down and distance. I imagine that’s why Davis is getting reps at practice with the pass rushers. He’s a Lb but could be used off the edge to rush the passer situationally. You’ll see things you haven’t seen in recent years to get the best players on the field especially on money downs. JW is another one who’ll be used in different facets. And yes he’s still a SAFETY!
Yes love cross training. Helps you understand someone else’s role, makes you more versatile, and makes injury situations not as difficult.

Advertisement
He’s fine and we need him badly. Relax.
I agree. Not saying we don’t. In my community, saying a kid, who’s playing college ball, better get a good education simply means the next level may be too hard for them or not in their picture at all. Mallory injuries is tough on him. That’s all. Not digging the kid out. I like him.

teampuke.gif
I actually like that lineup. Ladson and key are grown men on the outside with x tearing up the slot. With experience, size and speed Ladson and key have the most potential to be this years Rambo imo.

watching the I AM ATHLETE with Antrel Rolle, I could see Tyrique's career playing out similarly to Rolle...both are 6'ish 205lbs ish... bigger size, physical CBs that prefer jamming at the line, that could fill in at safety.. lots of versatility... antrel Rolle even said in the video that he knew he was more likely to end up at safety but was already a few years in at CB in college so he just focused on that to get drafted and then helped out wherever was needed when he got to the league...

Advertisement
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
I'm generally excited about the defense overall. I'm really curious how they're going to handle all the moving pieces. Guys playing multiple positions on the line, corners playing star, safeties playing linebacker. If nothing else, they're going to be versatile. There's not going to be a set 11 man starting lineup that get most of the snaps. They'll be able to adjust on the fly depending on opponent and situation.

I'm generally excited about the defense overall. I'm really curious how they're going to handle all the moving pieces. Guys playing multiple positions on the line, corners playing star, safeties playing linebacker. If nothing else, they're going to be versatile. There's not going to be a set 11 man starting lineup that get most of the snaps. They'll be able to adjust on the fly depending on opponent and situation.

Steele understands what he'll need out there to be successful. Finally a coach that plays his best 11.

Was just going to ask if TS would see SOME reps at star this season to utilize him and others. I imagine he will pick it back up well when needed from his time at Georgia. We have the horses to field some pretty interesting and dynamic sub packages.

Advertisement
Back