Fall practice #4

Advertisement
It's not what people have come to define or know as the "RPO" though is it? Counting the box, throwing uncovered, checking to a pass or a run based on numbers or leverage isn't the RPO. The RPO is a concept meant to put a specific defender in a bad position no matter what they do.

This is a tighter definition than what's being tossed around. I've always understood it through the hanging defender.

This is a tighter definition than what's being tossed around. I've always understood it through the hanging defender.
When you say "hanging defender" do you mean either the end man on the LOS or the outside force which could be the SAM/Will/SS/S off the LOS?

When you say "hanging defender" do you mean either the end man on the LOS or the outside force which could be the SAM/Will/SS/S off the LOS?
End man on the line of scrimmage? As in the DE/Edge? That's the read-option, and a totally different [run] concept. Re: the hanging defender in the RPO, I'm talking about the role typically played by an OLB or Safety in the box (completely off the LOS), as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

*And, I'll add, that overhang player is supposed to remain in conflict, or if he doesn't exist, there are variations of what the "pass" option can be depending on DB coverage (off). In other words, I've always mentioned this overhang defender because it dictates pre and post snap reads for the QB.

What I've seen some defenses do in a very cool way is similar to how coordinators began messing up the read-option: exchange responsibilities, pre-snap disguises of that conflicted player's location. Etc. The reason there's such a big gap between college and NFL RPOs is because the NFL tries to be so much tighter with the illegal man downfield calls. In college, the conflict becomes ridiculous for the defender. And, now you see teams like the Chiefs take advantage of that by getting their OLinemen horizontal. This stuff is fun to watch evolve.

Advertisement
1564447968856.gif

Advertisement
Hey I believe you lol..but still. It’s like ppl saying pompano and Deerfield Beach are the same
Hey I'm with you, but the USPS disagrees

I live in Coconut Creek and go to Pompano for some breweries, and believe me they are different.

Hey I'm with you, but the USPS disagrees

I live in Coconut Creek and go to Pompano for some breweries, and believe me they are different.

They are actually all different incorporated cities. And that’s what counts. From an actual technical and governmental standpoint, they are different cities. There’s no question about that. You’re literally literally talking about an ongoing mistake with postal codes. Apparently, the post office is still using a database from 1958.

Advertisement
Advertisement
RPO, Zip Codes, OLine, QB’s, fights, Franchise squabble, ninjas, hanging chads, Sanford and Son. This thread has it all! My main concern is Daphne Zuniga. Can we contain Daphne Zuniga? There are three DE’s that I am interested in watching, luckily we have two but they have one who ruffles my wedding tackle. Chip block central

RPO, Zip Codes, OLine, QB’s, fights, Franchise squabble, ninjas, hanging chads, Sanford and Son. This thread has it all! My main concern is Daphne Zuniga. Can we contain Daphne Zuniga? There are three DE’s that I am interested in watching, luckily we have two but they have one who ruffles my wedding tackle. Chip block central

no

This is true and I consider that a tremendous credit to Enos.

Also considering the play calling and frequent low percentage passes that Richt called.

I like ENOS but I’m still thinking the Jury’s out on him too! I’ve looked up his total offenses as a OC. His best year was #27 which is solid other years were #57 and #61.

I’d want to see if Enos can transform Miami into a perennial top 15 offensive team.

Im only going off the numbers. I think our staff is pretty green. But can’t wait to see what they can accomplish here.

Manny Diaz resume has produced top 10 defenses at both Texas and Miami. I think those kind of numbers speak volumes for coaches.

So like everything, I’m in wait and see mode with this group of coaches. We have the athletes and schedule in our favor every year though. So I always feel Miami’s a good job to build your resume with.

We will see these guys ability to develop talent on both sides of the ball as the season and years go on.

Im optimistic and hopeful by the results so far though.

Enos put up those numbers with lesser talented teams in a defensive minded conference.

I think he will be great for us.

My only concern is that he doesn’t pass to much and not run too many slow developing run plays.

We should get our backs running downhill in a hurry and not force an inconsistent oline to have to hold blocks too long. We got backs that can explode through the hole. Give em a quick crease and let them run.

Daphne Zuniga’s an actress. You mean Jabari Zuniga???

Advertisement
Back