Official Fall Camp PractiSe #6: Tuesday, August 8th

They do stretching, some position work and 1v1 inside then they go outside. Media has not had access while outside. I would expect the same today.

Can't we get NASA to turn the Hubble telescope or the James Webb telescope around and film our practices - and for security purposes - just send it to Whoop for his PM's?

He'll keep it secret!

Advertisement
Melting Heat Wave GIF

This is what its been here in Louisiana since late June/early July. I will challenge anyone for the title of hottetst state combined with the humidity.

I've lived here and there - and I gotta go with Lousiana in Summer.

Same heat as FL, GA, AL, - same humidity - but NO BREEZE!

Be sucking air in your lungs!

Bunch of geezers in here.
I grew up in soFla playing soccer and football, including 2xDays in the middle of August and the question I have 40 years later is.....why? These days I barely survive doing yard work or cleaning car in the middle of summer....lol.
you answered your own question. You are 40 years older and doing a chore. When I was 18 I didn’t care how hot it was in the middle of the summer I would be out on the tennis court. You just loved it so much it didn’t really matter.

Last edited:
He does but he's exactly the kind of guy you want/need in the lockeroom. He does the best he can with his natural abilities but he appears to be a great kid on and off the field. A great presence to have especially in a room full of young kids. He and Francisco appear to be great guys to follow for the young guys

I was surprised to see some being critical of his off the field / preparation …

Advertisement
During one of my previous visits to your neck of the woods, the news was warning about the intense heat because it might get up to 90. The humidity was so low that it felt like a beautiful spring day to us.

Yeah, Wisconsin summer and Heat is but a fraction of SFL

You coming up this way anytime soon?

Yeah, Wisconsin summer and Heat is but a fraction of SFL

You coming up this way anytime soon?
I'm kind of in limbo with my employer and my certification, I was hoping to get up there before the end of the year, but we'll see. Last time I went in December, the smaller lake froze over during the week I was there.

Advertisement
Would've been nice to have one of these "mods" yah know.... Moderate all of these weather reports and maybe like stick to actual practice information.

Just my opinion.

Since football isn't allowed to be discussed per UM, I'll join the weather discussion.

Louisiana is a different breed of heat. It can be the same temp and humidity as another place.......but it's hotter. It's just fricking miserably hot here. When you open your door in the morning, it's like opening the oven door after it's preheated to 450.

Florida is hot but it ain't Louisiana hot. There's a difference.

Since football isn't allowed to be discussed per UM, I'll join the weather discussion.

Louisiana is a different breed of heat. It can be the same temp and humidity as another place.......but it's hotter. It's just fricking miserably hot here. When you open your door in the morning, it's like opening the oven door after it's preheated to 450.

you ain't kidding. I visited in summertime years back...went to the audobon zoo and nearly died...walked around the quarter and if it wasn't raining it was 950 degrees.

Advertisement
By the time we play tamu there will be literally an entire game of film for them to watch. Is Mario playing fort Knox here because Miami of Ohio is scaring him?

What does Miami of Ohio do to people?

Advertisement
The IPF was an absolute necessity. From player health to recruiting. Thanks again to the Soffers.
people incorrectly group IPF with football only facilities and new dorms as being a recruiting toy.. IPFs are critical in the southeast in Aug and Sept to get full practice time.

Data says Florida is hotter this summer lol

Advertisement
Back