Official Fall Camp PractiSe #6: Tuesday, August 8th

Advertisement
I grew up in soFla playing soccer and football, including 2xDays in the middle of August and the question I have 40 years later is.....why? These days I barely survive doing yard work or cleaning car in the middle of summer....lol.
2 a days with full pads and NO WATER breaks in SoFl. Coaches actually convinced our dumb asses that drinking water "makes you cramp and makes you weak." Brutal.

If I was a transfer I’d record myself while brushing my teeth talking about my previous school and email the clip to every single journalist that covers my team.

Advertisement
Since football isn't allowed to be discussed per UM, I'll join the weather discussion.

Louisiana is a different breed of heat. It can be the same temp and humidity as another place.......but it's hotter. It's just fricking miserably hot here. When you open your door in the morning, it's like opening the oven door after it's preheated to 450.

Florida is hot but it ain't Louisiana hot. There's a difference.
True....I have lived in both states and can attest to the breeze-less ****fest of summer in LA. I do think Miami is more hot (mas caliente) but the breeze and abundance of water in which to swim sure helps.

He does but he's exactly the kind of guy you want/need in the lockeroom. He does the best he can with his natural abilities but he appears to be a great kid on and off the field. A great presence to have especially in a room full of young kids. He and Francisco appear to be great guys to follow for the young guys
I never get mad at the players like him or Rosier that have physical limitations but work their butt off. I get mad at the coaches for not playing/bringing in better players or the players that have the skillset but do dumb things like consistently commit personal fouls.

Advertisement
I never get mad at the players like him or Rosier that have physical limitations but work their butt off. I get mad at the coaches for not playing/bringing in better players or the players that have the skillset but do dumb things like consistently commit personal fouls.
Even when Rosier says he didnt take the Pitt game seriously?

2 a days with full pads and NO WATER breaks in SoFl. Coaches actually convinced our dumb asses that drinking water "makes you cramp and makes you weak." Brutal.
I had the same experience playing football in South Florida in the mid-sixties. Not a drop of water during practice. Not much better during games. We had a bucket of water with a towel. We had to take the towel out of the water bucket, and suck the water out of the towel.

Advertisement
Jimbo fisher to one of his analysts:
“Hey so how’s Miami looking on their practice videos they post?”

“Hey coach fisher. Alls I can gather is that they are very limber and will be well stretched”
Missed this gem. Just fantastic. 👏

Advertisement
True....I have lived in both states and can attest to the breeze-less ****fest of summer in LA. I do think Miami is more hot (mas caliente) but the breeze and abundance of water in which to swim sure helps.
My daughter lives in Culver City Palms. Currently 81. Mid 70's next 10 days. Big thing is NO humidity. Almost passed out moving her into the Valley (Burbank) 20 years ago. Never sweated but when we got back to the hotel they told us it was 104. Atypical thoough the VAlley is 10-15 degrees warmer than West LA which is closer to the Pacific. Current water temperature off LA is 70.2. off Miami 85.8.

I just got back from Hawaii a few days ago on a 11-day family vacation. Its cold compared to the here. I was walking around all day out there and barely sweating. Here, I can't go to my car and get something out of it without being drenched in sweat by the time I get back inside the house.
What an awesome trip! Hope to get out there in the next year or so.

Advertisement
Back