Fadol Brown to Ole Miss

Not to mention this kid is from North Carolina originally, not South Florida. Tennessee or Ole Miss might be more appealing. Not saying it is a smart decision (honestly any DL that looks at our depth chart and doesn't see dollar signs needs help) but could be the reason.

Advertisement
Posters love putting dollar signs or saying a player got paid when he doesn't pick Miami. It's a way to make themselves feel better and reassure themselves that golden didn't fail in getting that recruit. "He was just getting paid so golden didn't really fail" is what they tell themselves. Reality is recruits choose to play for other schools for many reasons, whether its money, family etc. Not every kid we lose is getting paid and like all recruiters golden wins some and he loses some. Learn to accept it and stop thinking there is this big bad money machine in the SEC that is preventing the canes from returning to prominence.

Okay, maybe he is getting paid or not, but Ole Miss had proven better coaches head their program and they never had a NSD like this past year. Something just don't smell right about this and the NCAA and ESPN are trying like mothers to protect their golden goose. Time will tell

Not to mention this kid is from North Carolina originally, not South Florida. Tennessee or Ole Miss might be more appealing. Not saying it is a smart decision (honestly any DL that looks at our depth chart and doesn't see dollar signs needs help) but could be the reason.
So what if he's originally from NC? He ended up at FIU.

I doubt he had the demand coming out of high school he has now. I doubt he had SEC programs in towns that might more closely resemble what he is used to competing for his services when he chose the prestigious Florida International University Golden Panthers.

Advertisement

They were his only offer out of prep school..

Lavon Hooks was the #1 JUCO DT in the country. Yes he probably got paid along with Nkemdiche, Tunsil and Treadwell. But it doesnt matter because we werent getting any of those kids anyway. MAYBE Hooks. But to say that the reason why we lose Fadol Brown is because he got paid is just crazy to me. Just because DT is the only position on the team that we have trouble recruiting doesnt mean we have some unfair disadvantage. FSU is not in the SEC and they have ZERO problems getting top rated Dlineman. Or is Odell paying them too?? I respect you as a poster Cash but we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Did you want Consiglere to compare fsu and ole **** as programs too?

Not sure what you mean here, nadiamufdi. But the point of my post was that all this crying about which schools is paying who isnt getting us anywhere. We have been crying about this **** since the Dwayne Bowe days. Get over it. So the ***** what. We werent complaing about this from 83-92 or from 99-03. And im sure the SEC didnt start paying mofos in 2005. They been doing this since the days of Albert Means. It is what it is. Lets just control what we can and we will be okay.

If dudes don't think Lavon Hooks got some cash then they are just blind as **** and Hooks is the main reason that I don't blame Jethro for our recruiting failures on the D-Line.

Hooks was in interviews calling Jethro "Uncle Jethro" and saying that he would commit when he visited in a couple days, to never visiting and cutting ties with UM all together.

1) Money Talked

2) Grades

Only two possibilities and I have shore property for sale in Jersey for anybody who thinks otherwise

Advertisement
Not just any SEC school but one with no salary cap. The hypocrisy never ends. 5 years ago if you had recruit choosing between Miami & Ole Miss it would be a no brainer. Thx NCAA
Not the NCAAs fault. We got two terrible coaches in a row and in Goldens first two years he's a combined 13-11. Kids aren't gonna flock to a program with that kind of record or one that hasn't won 10 games in 10 years. Lastly money has always been around college football and we have always competed. It's not a money issue it's a winning issue. If we win recruiting gets a little easier.

Since Ole Miss was never a powerhouse they can get top recruits cause they can pay for it. But that's not any different than the 80s 90s or 2000s with any other program.

I'm not a SEC conspiracy theorist - I hate that ****. And I graduated from Ole Miss.

But this post is a bunch of empty bull**** when explaining why Ole Miss had a top three class last year, or why UK does this year. Ole Miss' record last year? Look it up. Same as Miami. 7-6. With nothing in the landscape of Oxford that makes it appealing. At all. Their coach? Totally unproven at the college level. They flat out bought that class. And I'm an alumnus. Their not being a top program doesn't make it any more palatable that they bought the class; it makes it more egregious.

MSU never had a top three class. Nor did Auburn. Nor did UGA in the 90s. Only decent parallel is SMU in the early 80s. We know how that wound up.

The rest of your post is spot on. We win, this **** is a non-factor.

Last edited:
When your conference has won the last 7 national championships and is known for putting defense players in the league there's going to be an attraction for recruits to go to those schools. Not every kid that goes to the SEC gets paid

There's no school called the SEC. You dudes are brainwashed. Old P1ss and Tennessee are garbage. Talk to me about all the defensive players they're putting in the league versus what UM has done.

Here are some fun facts about Ole Miss (W-L)

2012: 7-6 (3-5) OOC wins Tulane, Central Ark, UTEP and Pitt

2011: 2-10 (0-8) OOC wins Fresno State and Southern Illinois

2010: 4-8 (1-8) OOC wins Tulane, Fresno State and Lou-Lafayette

That is 13-24 (4-24)

Don't forget losing to Jacksonville State!!!

Advertisement
When your conference has won the last 7 national championships and is known for putting defense players in the league there's going to be an attraction for recruits to go to those schools. Not every kid that goes to the SEC gets paid

There's no school called the SEC. You dudes are brainwashed. Old P1ss and Tennessee are garbage. Talk to me about all the defensive players they're putting in the league versus what UM has done.

Yeah but i have a sick SEC poster on my wall.

Eventually Just Numbers Say We Can't Miss On Every DT ............... I'm So Happy With All The Commits We Have I Won't Let Anything Get Me Down Go Canes

We're gonna need at least 2 JuCo/transferring DTs to come in this cycle for an immediate impact in 2014. Our DT depth will suck donkey balls next year after Porter and Robinson are gone.

Stuckey with 1 or 2 of: Heurtulelo (or however you spell it), Johnson, Brown, Derosier and every other JuCo DT we've thrown an offer at.

Advertisement
I also hate the notion that a coach always "failed" when a KID picks another school.

Not every kid responds the same to your pitch. Based on the classes we've signed since Golden has been here, I'd say he and his staff do a pretty good job. The DT thing is baffling and it sucks but I can't sit here and say Golden failed. Or even Jethro for that matter. If he was such a ****up I'd have to think Golden would do something about it. It is possible that some of them Jethro didn't do the best job selling and others went somewhere else for other reasons. Lavon Hooks sounded like he liked Jethro, so I definitely wouldn't say that was his fault.

If Bama or LSU beats us for a DT, or any player, I don't necessarily say they got paid unless something points that way. But when we need DT's badly and kids know it and say they have good relationships with the coaches and all that, and do a 180 and pick Ole ******* Miss, that's suspicious. Especially when Ole Miss just all of a suddenly is landing all the top kids away from the likes of Bama and LSU who routinely kick their sorry asses into the Mississippi mud.

I also hate the notion that a coach always "failed" when a KID picks another school.

Not every kid responds the same to your pitch. Based on the classes we've signed since Golden has been here, I'd say he and his staff do a pretty good job. The DT thing is baffling and it sucks but I can't sit here and say Golden failed. Or even Jethro for that matter. If he was such a ****up I'd have to think Golden would do something about it. It is possible that some of them Jethro didn't do the best job selling and others went somewhere else for other reasons. Lavon Hooks sounded like he liked Jethro, so I definitely wouldn't say that was his fault.

If Bama or LSU beats us for a DT, or any player, I don't necessarily say they got paid unless something points that way. But when we need DT's badly and kids know it and say they have good relationships with the coaches and all that, and do a 180 and pick Ole ****ing Miss, that's suspicious. Especially when Ole Miss just all of a suddenly is landing all the top kids away from the likes of Bama and LSU who routinely kick their sorry asses into the Mississippi mud.

Hooks first choice was actually Auburn but he had a class they would not accept. That is why is decision was delayed for a few days. Once he realized there was no chance they were letting him in Auburn he decided to go to Ole Miss. Duffle bags or not it is really hard to beat out JUCO kids who have been visiting SEC campuses while at JUCO because of proximity. It would be great if the state of Florida had JUCO football.

Advertisement
Back