Fadol Brown to Ole Miss

Advertisement
I didnt mean shot in a literal sense. But I thought this kid was basically in the bag. Heal the wound that Khari Clark left. Now yall are talkin about SEC schools..

Advertisement
Not just any SEC school but one with no salary cap. The hypocrisy never ends. 5 years ago if you had recruit choosing between Miami & Ole Miss it would be a no brainer. Thx NCAA

Not just any SEC school but one with no salary cap. The hypocrisy never ends. 5 years ago if you had recruit choosing between Miami & Ole Miss it would be a no brainer. Thx NCAA
Not the NCAAs fault. We got two terrible coaches in a row and in Goldens first two years he's a combined 13-11. Kids aren't gonna flock to a program with that kind of record or one that hasn't won 10 games in 10 years. Lastly money has always been around college football and we have always competed. It's not a money issue it's a winning issue. If we win recruiting gets a little easier.

Since Ole Miss was never a powerhouse they can get top recruits cause they can pay for it. But that's not any different than the 80s 90s or 2000s with any other program.

Last edited:
Not the NCAAs fault. We got two terrible coaches in a row and in Goldens first two years he's a combined 13-11. Kids aren't gonna flock to a program that hasn't won 10 games in 10 years. Lastly money has always been around college football and we have always competed. It's not a money issue it's a winning issue. If we win recruiting gets a little easier.

Lol you do realize I was comparing Miami and Ole Miss right? You want to compare winning again?

Great post, NVA Cane. Finally..Someone who isnt on the "He must have gotten a duffle bag" bandwagon! U think Ole Miss is paying THIS KID? LMAO! Come on. He is a good prospect but if you think the SEC pays everyone then you think the NCAA is ALOT dumber then most of us do. (And that is REALLY dumb because God knows Mark Emmert is looking really non-Ivy league right about now.) Some of you guys think the SEC is SMU in the 80s.

Advertisement
Not the NCAAs fault. We got two terrible coaches in a row and in Goldens first two years he's a combined 13-11. Kids aren't gonna flock to a program that hasn't won 10 games in 10 years. Lastly money has always been around college football and we have always competed. It's not a money issue it's a winning issue. If we win recruiting gets a little easier.

Lol you do realize I was comparing Miami and Ole Miss right? You want to compare winning again?
See my edited post. ****** school or not Miami has never been able to compete in terms of money or paying players. So if Miami is down and ole miss offers a top DT a nice chunk of change of course that DT is going to Ole Miss. If Miami is winning that equation changes. So again, it's the canes being down more than the NCAA.

IDK anyhting about this kid but we're talkin Ole Miss here. They had a ******* Confederate Soldier as their Mascot up until a few years ago and their program is **** besides being in the SEC. They are just there to make it easier for the likes of LSU and Bama to win games without traveling too far.

Now, all of a suddenly, they're signing top classes and going toe to toe with bigger programs for recruits. But it's more about where Miami is at as a program? Please.

Great post, NVA Cane. Finally..Someone who isnt on the "He must have gotten a duffle bag" bandwagon! U think Ole Miss is paying THIS KID? LMAO! Come on. He is a good prospect but if you think the SEC pays everyone then you think the NCAA is ALOT dumber then most of us do. (And that is REALLY dumb because God knows Mark Emmert is looking really non-Ivy league right about now.) Some of you guys think the SEC is SMU in the 80s.
Oh my god what a great comparison SEC=SMU
TWO WORDS: Lavon Hooks
The SEC doesn't pay everyone but you better bet your *** they pay for DT's. Ole Miss is the bottom feeder of the SEC. Not to mention all the booster cash that was getting tossed around there last year. Even the UT boosters here in Nashville were like "****"!

This. Some players get paid but most don't IMO. Not anything significant at least. Every time we lose a player it's cause the player got paid. **** that. Self accountability. We win we get a lot of the players we want. We have been ****** for so long that it should surprise no one that players want to play elsewhere. Some kids get paid some don't. If kids choose another school it doesn't mean they are getting paid. We either didn't out recruit or our program is just down. That's the reality. That's aside from the hangers on or coaches that steer players elsewhere.

And everyone knows ole miss was tossing money around. That's not a surprise. But is ole miss the first team to throw money around? You're telling me schools weren't throwing money around in the 80s or 90s or early 2000s? The SEC is up and everyone wants to play there not just cause money gets thrown around but cause they are the dominant conference and in a smart marketing tactic they promote that winning to the whole conference not just solely one team. It's part of the reason why Kentucky has a top recruiting class. Stoops is a great recruiter and is aided by his school being in the SEC

Just win baby

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here are some fun facts about Ole Miss (W-L)

2012: 7-6 (3-5) OOC wins Tulane, Central Ark, UTEP and Pitt

2011: 2-10 (0-8) OOC wins Fresno State and Southern Illinois

2010: 4-8 (1-8) OOC wins Tulane, Fresno State and Lou-Lafayette

That is 13-24 (4-24)

I'm with Cash. DT's are getting paid along with some blue chippers from other positions. The SEC is literally getting almost all the top DT's. It's insane.

Advertisement
Lavon Hooks was the #1 JUCO DT in the country. Yes he probably got paid along with Nkemdiche, Tunsil and Treadwell. But it doesnt matter because we werent getting any of those kids anyway. MAYBE Hooks. But to say that the reason why we lose Fadol Brown is because he got paid is just crazy to me. Just because DT is the only position on the team that we have trouble recruiting doesnt mean we have some unfair disadvantage. FSU is not in the SEC and they have ZERO problems getting top rated Dlineman. Or is Odell paying them too?? I respect you as a poster Cash but we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

When your conference has won the last 7 national championships and is known for putting defense players in the league there's going to be an attraction for recruits to go to those schools. Not every kid that goes to the SEC gets paid

Advertisement
Back