Facility upgrades

Advertisement
I have via a recruit. Wont mention name to protect the kid but in my humble opinion our **** is bouta blow a lotta folks away. Brock will be happy for sure lol.

Ah yo, I’m not into that all that name dropping bull chit, unless it’s known or some chit. Lol. Just happy u could chime in on good authority.

I can’t wait to see all this come to fruition!

I dont know if you were in particular arguments or something but seemed to trigger you, it was semi tongue in cheek my boy, I dont know anything about what you are talking about.. lol.. I know the locker rooms were done around Kaaya era and even when they were done they looked outdated at the intro.. Maybe it was more of the look people were talking about.. Sounds like a sensitive subject but its not that serious, glad Mario is around to say this looks like ****, rip it out ASAP because people at UM will use every excuse not to invest

Also from understanding this locker room is just temporary because old one is such crap and they will be rebuilding hecht with all new everything..
sarcastic willy wonka GIF

I was in the facilities meeting with the Director of Sports Science. The old weight room was emptied as they were going to be putting in nee flooring and equipping it with top of the line Sorinex equipment. The old weight room was set up in the area for the linemen in the IPF. He said they were building the football specific building on the other side where all the offices and new weight room would be. They will build a brand new one and leave the current they are putting together for other sports. They aren’t holding back with the equipment and technology that they’ll be putting in place.

Advertisement
I was in the facilities meeting with the Director of Sports Science. The old weight room was emptied as they were going to be putting in nee flooring and equipping it with top of the line Sorinex equipment. The old weight room was set up in the area for the linemen in the IPF. He said they were building the football specific building on the other side where all the offices and new weight room would be. They will build a brand new one and leave the current they are putting together for other sports. They aren’t holding back with the equipment and technology that they’ll be putting in place.

Yes, there will be some footprint shuffling, as the IPF footprint is very new, while the old Hecht footprint should be substantially renovated, if not nuked altogether.

Hilarious. You are like a herpes outbreak when it comes to your "locker room" pet peeve.

@Brooklyndee absolutely LEVELED you on the issue of the locker rooms and then you were quiet for a while. Now you're flaring up again with the myth of "certain CIS posters didn't want to renovate the locker rooms".

There's no cure for you.

And don't go running to @Rellyrell , he knows how I feel about the need to renovate UM facilities. But my lord, man, you just keep banging the drum as if so many of us were happy with our 1970s-era athletic center and our 5-7 year old locker rooms.

So they are building a massively improved, state-of-the art modern updated weight room... and then giving it to women's soccer when they are done building a super-duper massively improved, state-of-the art uber-modern updated weight room.

Yeah, things are different now.

Hilarious. You are like a herpes outbreak when it comes to your "locker room" pet peeve.

@Brooklyndee absolutely LEVELED you on the issue of the locker rooms and then you were quiet for a while. Now you're flaring up again with the myth of "certain CIS posters didn't want to renovate the locker rooms".

There's no cure for you.

And don't go running to @Rellyrell , he knows how I feel about the need to renovate UM facilities. But my lord, man, you just keep banging the drum as if so many of us were happy with our 1970s-era athletic center and our 5-7 year old locker rooms.
Relax lol. The locker rooms were FAR outdated and we are glad they are getting reworked it’s that simple. No need to be in you feelings about this, I have zero problems with you

And Brooklyndee didn’t level sh^t or school me on the lockerroom topic, I just don’t be on the boards at all like that except a few times every few weeks so…. Don’t care if Brooklyndee a former player or not but you have to remember I have several former teammates who have played at these sec/acc schools in addition to group of 5 schools within the last 5 years-8 years so I do know how their facilities look and just simply compare it to Miami that’s it. Regardless that’s in the past I’m glad our facilities are getting addressed as they should be

Last edited:
Advertisement
If people are keeping track, this will be like the 3rd or 4th locker room upgrade UGA has had since Miami has had its last one… that’s why getting new facilities is so important. I’m glad we are moving in the right direction
Yep, locker room upgrades are why UGA won a National Championship.

Not the millions of dollars in illegal payments to players. Minor locker room upgrades from the last upgrade.

Relax lol. The locker rooms were FAR outdated and we are glad they are getting reworked it’s that simple. No need to be in you feelings about this, I have zero problems with you

And Brooklyndee didn’t level sh^t or school me on the lockerroom topic, I just don’t be on the boards at all like that except a few times every few weeks so…. Don’t care if Brooklyndee a former player or not but you have to remember I have several former teammates who have played at these sec/acc schools in addition to group of 5 schools within the last 5 years-8 years so I do know how their facilities look and just simply compare it to Miami that’s it. Regardless that’s in the past I’m glad our facilities are getting addressed as they should be

I'm not "in my feelings" about this, I'm just not a fan of bogus mythology about the "scary CIS posters who claimed that Miami didn't need new locker rooms". Which is something that you continue to sidestep.

Again, I'm a fan of improving everything at UM, but you are claiming our locker rooms were "FAR outdated" (your emphasis, not mine) and you've never been in those locker rooms. Your buddies may have been inside of SEC locker rooms, and I'm not arguing that those locker rooms aren't nice. I'm simply limiting the conversation to any personal knowlege of the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI LOCKER ROOMS, which @Brooklyndee has been inside of, and which you have not.

And that's not a personal statement or anything. I'm glad for all of these improvements. But you have to understand where I'm coming from. While I want the best for my fellow (soon-to-be) UM alums on the football team, the football locker rooms were not even close to being a top priority, which is why it was so offensive what Beta Blake said to some of our boosters.

That is all. I realize you are obsessed with the locker rooms, and I'm gonna let you have that. But as a person who has been all over the UM campus for the last 35 years of his life, I would just like to advocate for some accuracy here, so that we can stop beating up on the same-old same-old easy straw men.

I'm glad we are working on the locker rooms. Quite frankly, it was an incredibly easy and cheap target to hit, considering we do not have to knock down any load-bearing walls. But the "locker rooms" have been used (particularly by Beta Blake) as a distractor from the real issues which are far more important.

I'm not "in my feelings" about this, I'm just not a fan of bogus mythology about the "scary CIS posters who claimed that Miami didn't need new locker rooms". Which is something that you continue to sidestep.

Again, I'm a fan of improving everything at UM, but you are claiming our locker rooms were "FAR outdated" (your emphasis, not mine) and you've never been in those locker rooms. Your buddies may have been inside of SEC locker rooms, and I'm not arguing that those locker rooms aren't nice. I'm simply limiting the conversation to any personal knowlege of the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI LOCKER ROOMS, which @Brooklyndee has been inside of, and which you have not.

And that's not a personal statement or anything. I'm glad for all of these improvements. But you have to understand where I'm coming from. While I want the best for my fellow (soon-to-be) UM alums on the football team, the football locker rooms were not even close to being a top priority, which is why it was so offensive what Beta Blake said to some of our boosters.

That is all. I realize you are obsessed with the locker rooms, and I'm gonna let you have that. But as a person who has been all over the UM campus for the last 35 years of his life, I would just like to advocate for some accuracy here, so that we can stop beating up on the same-old same-old easy straw men.

I'm glad we are working on the locker rooms. Quite frankly, it was an incredibly easy and cheap target to hit, considering we do not have to knock down any load-bearing walls. But the "locker rooms" have been used (particularly by Beta Blake) as a distractor from the real issues which are far more important.
Far outdated is a fact looking at our lockerroom/player lounge compared to other schools lol. Glad it won’t be a problem no more, I dont disagree with everything you are saying actually and you make some good points. No one is saying facilities is the reasons programs are winning BUT it can make your school more attractive to recruits. This not the 80s anymore where that stuff didn’t matter. If the programs that ARE winning (bama, Uga, OSU, lsu) feel the need to keep upgrading their facilities then we need to do the same simple as that,

Far outdated is a fact looking at our lockerroom/player lounge compared to other schools lol. Glad it won’t be a problem no more, I dont disagree with everything you are saying actually and you make some good points. No one is saying facilities is the reasons programs are winning BUT it can make your school more attractive to recruits. This not the 80s anymore where that stuff didn’t matter. If the programs that ARE winning (bama, Uga, OSU, lsu) feel the need to keep upgrading their facilities then we need to do the same simple as that,
If I’m not mistaken this upgrade is only temporary pending the new one in the new building. Things are different different now

Advertisement
Yeah I mean from everything I’ve seen and heard we’re going to be in a state of perpetual construction and upgrading for two or three years easily.

And hopefully for forever.

As an alum, you know this...CORAL GABLES HAS BEEN ******* WITH US FOR DECADES. Delayed building new dorms. Delayed building a new University Center. Delayed the Lowe Art Museum expansion. Delayed more parking. Delayed the Music School renovations.

We are still stuck with classroom buildings that are partially/nearly 100 years old (Merrick) or are in the 50 year old range (Memorial, Learning Center). The Ashe Building is old. The Ungar Building is old. The Law School is old. The Cox Science Center is awful (due to be replaced soon). The Ashe Building is old.

And don't even get me started on the College of Engineering (don't be mad at me, @Pentagon Cane ).

Advertisement

As an alum, you know this...CORAL GABLES HAS BEEN ******* WITH US FOR DECADES. Delayed building new dorms. Delayed building a new University Center. Delayed the Lowe Art Museum expansion. Delayed more parking. Delayed the Music School renovations.

We are still stuck with classroom buildings that are partially/nearly 100 years old (Merrick) or are in the 50 year old range (Memorial, Learning Center). The Ashe Building is old. The Ungar Building is old. The Law School is old. The Cox Science Center is awful (due to be replaced soon). The Ashe Building is old.

And don't even get me started on the College of Engineering (don't be mad at me, @Pentagon Cane ).
No arguments from my son but the amount of construction on campus is amazing. First 2 towers are coming down within weeks. The last 2 four months later. Feel bad for the kids as housing will be impacted and they are going to have to navigate around a bunch of construction during their time on campus.

Wasn't it the Merrick building that had a very wide walkway on the campus side of the building shaded by trees? If memory serves, that was the one that the facade was never properly finished and they had talked about doing so in the 90's.

Advertisement
Back