Facility upgrades

Advertisement
If Austin coughed up a little donation, we could call the room where the ice baths are located, "The Steve Austin Stone Cold" room."
Maybe The Rock can convince Austin to cough up a few dollars. Would be Austin‘s only connection to MiamI.

Love the naming though!

If Austin coughed up a little donation, we could call the room where the ice baths are located, "The Steve Austin Stone Cold" room."
I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

Walked around campus for a bit with the fam today. Notice Mario blocked of viewing from the parking garage with a massive banner. For some reason I can't add the picture

Advertisement
Advertisement
So when we breaking ground or tearing down old stuff

Per a well-known poster on this board, there will be some teardown/replacement. Final completion of construction is 2025. No announcement until it gets full approval from City of CG.

And, as I told people all along (even when people were short-selling the project), 6 stories and 140M to 150M.

Per a well-known poster on this board, there will be some teardown/replacement. Final completion of construction is 2025. No announcement until it gets full approval from City of CG.

And, as I told people all along (even when people were short-selling the project), 6 stories and 140M to 150M.
Really interested to see how well the fundraising goes for 140 to 150 M. Was heavily involved with program during IPF fundraising. They struggled MIGHTILY to get the funding for IPF and that is peanuts in comparison to this project. Obviously it’s a different program at the current state but will be interesting to see if fundraising goes as well as they hope.

Really interested to see how well the fundraising goes for 140 to 150 M. Was heavily involved with program during IPF fundraising. They struggled MIGHTILY to get the funding for IPF and that is peanuts in comparison to this project. Obviously it’s a different program at the current state but will be interesting to see if fundraising goes as well as they hope.

Yeah, and to be honest, a lot of that was due to Beta Blake's toxic personality.

Seriously, over half of the IPF fund-raising was from THREE individual donors (and Richt was one of them). After those three, Beta Blake was promising handies if you were willing to write a check.

Advertisement
I've heard some stuff.

Supposedly, a new athletic facility is going in what used to be known as the "serpentine lot" (back in my day) across from the basketball arena. And IIRC, a new facility or extension of the current one will take over a portion of the Wellness lot.

A parking garage will be built to accommodate the parking lost in what is currently the Wellness lot.

My understanding is that they need $100 MM of committed donations for the new football facility before the University will let them start construction. They are hoping to get that in $5-$10 MM chunks from a few donors.

Advertisement
I've heard some stuff.

Supposedly, a new athletic facility is going in what used to be known as the "serpentine lot" (back in my day) across from the basketball arena. And IIRC, a new facility or extension of the current one will take over a portion of the Wellness lot.

A parking garage will be built to accommodate the parking lost in what is currently the Wellness lot.

Basketball stuff (Serpentine Lot) has already been announced.

And, yes, the new Hecht/football stuff will extend into "Wellness" area. Wouldn't be surprised if the additional parking also helps out the Millenium Village dorms.

So is it going to be a Football only facility or is it going to be shared with other sports?

What’s going to be inside this facility?

Another indoor turf field?

I’m assuming new weight room, new locker room, new training and recovery rooms, barbershop, game room, lounge, more offices, nap rooms. Are they going to build the coaches new offices and then backfill the ones in the IPF with support staff folks?

I’m curious what’s going to go into a 6 story $150 million facility that’s strictly for football.

So is it going to be a Football only facility or is it going to be shared with other sports?

Why do we keep getting this question?

There are multiple things being built. The facilities near the basketball arena will be "basketball primarily". The IPF expansion will be "for football". The Athletic Center is for ALL SPORTS.

Nothing personal, but these questions seem to come from people who have never set foot on campus. There is no part of the Athletic facilities that requires you to scan your "football card" to get in. The entire facility is open to all athletes, even though the football team is BY FAR the largest scholarship sport (by number of players).

No matter what...the number of hours required...the amount of weightlifting required...the length of the practice season and the regular season...will always create more "usage" of the Athletic Center for football players. That's just a realistic fact. But you don't build massive facilities that "only" 85 people can utilize.

Advertisement
Back