Eye opening quote from Mallory

Chapelle is absolutely on Pryor, Murphy, Seinfeld,Carlin, Cosby level.

All timers.
Was watching a fvck load of Chappelle clips last night, guy is just a different comedian. Master of social commentary and a great storyteller, also just flat out hilarious.

Him and Burr are doing the Lord’s work rn when it comes to combatting cancel culture and cancerous SJWs

Advertisement
There’s a difference between simple and predictable. Richt’s offense was so watered down, it resembled a JV high school playbook. I’m of the opinion that he was trying to do what Lashlee does but he didn’t know how to and had nobody on staff to help him.

OT, but to be fair to Richt, he had Rosier and freshman Perry as his QBs. All his best players at WR, TE and RB were injured at one point. And he had **** for an OL just like Enos. He was crafting plays for a team fighting with both hands tied behind its back.

I was much more ****ed at Richt for his staffing decisions and poor recruiting evals, especially at QB and OL, than for his playcalling. ... That said, if you're going to go uptempo-spread, Lashlee is one of a handful of gurus.

Was watching a fvck load of Chappelle clips last night, guy is just a different comedian. Master of social commentary and a great storyteller, also just flat out hilarious.

Him and Burr are doing the Lord’s work rn when it comes to combatting cancel culture and cancerous SJWs
He's phenomenal live too.

Advertisement
Bucket list item for me. His last special was pure comedic genius.
I got to see him in Jacksonville maybe 3-4 years back. His no-phone policy is freakin maddening as **** because of how it plays out. But he's far from alone with that. When my wife and I walked up to the theater about 30mins before the start of the show, there was literally a line that wrapped around the city for blocks. That's because all the dumbasses who bring their phone anyways even though the policy was announced a million times. They all have to sign up for these lock bags and, at least at my theater, the lines aren't separate. It happened to be cold as **** so we decided we'd go back to the car and blaze and chill for a bit while the line died down. Went back right around start time and the line wasn't much better. Back to the car. By the time we went in, it was WAYYYYY after the start. We rushed to our seats worried we had missed some of his set and, low and behold, almost exactly as our butt's hit the seat cushions, Chappelle hit the stage. It was picture perfect! We were rewarded for our decision. ;-)

Last edited:
From a brief search, haven't seen anyone in this thread use a word more important than "simple," "pace," "fast," or any of the others. It's "flexible."

You can be insanely complex with your formation and shifts, but if you're inflexible, as we were last year, you get uncovered WRs ignored and QBs running a predetermined play into the teeth of a prepared defense. Simple and fast are first. FSU improved at that under Briles. Flexibility comes next, but remains the most important.

Adapt or die - narrowly or broadly.

Advertisement
Agreed. I think the great challenge will be against a staff like Clemson - with personnel like Clemson’s. At which time - adjustments & play-calling play a huge part in the outcome. Because their DC doesn’t go simple vs tempo. He still brings the noise.

But - I absolutely agree with your point.
One of the few teams I’ve seen give Clemson some trouble was Syracuse with their breakneck pace when Babers had a QB and some weapons.

I’d rather take my chances trying to keep Clemson as basic as possible than standing around and letting Venables communicate with his D. That’s a much bigger recipe for disaster against them I think.

Then again, some coaches, like Jimmy Lake at Washington, loves playing against Wazzou and their simple offense. He used to openly mock that offense. Maybe us adding a credible run threat will make us harder to defend than Wazzou was.

But at this point, big fella, I’m just looking to take some incremental steps and win the division a bunch of times and build some hype around our program. I don’t think we’re going to be at Clemson’s level any time soon.

This is a byproduct of pace. The problem with Richt was that he was without pace.

There is a reason why college spread quarterbacks struggled once they got to the NFL and not just because they were run first/pass second guys. Just simplier concepts and route trees are run in college as compared to NFL pro set and multiple set offenses. I remember just a play call language and concepts at Auburn when Cam Newton was there were very simple. With the NFL, language and sequencing and calling multiple plays in the huddle or at the line is insane. Not that has gone away but the NFL has adjusted to the kids coming out of college and run more college spread concepts.

To your point, when Richt went uptempo, mostly because we were struggling, we seemed to move the ball much more efficiently. All of this is remarkable because when he was young he had modified his entire offensive concept midseason in 1992 for Charlie Ward.

Anyway back to Lashlee, this is great news conceptually.

One of the few teams I’ve seen give Clemson some trouble was Syracuse with their breakneck pace when Babers had a QB and some weapons.

I’d rather take my chances trying to keep Clemson as basic as possible than standing around and letting Venables communicate with his D. That’s a much bigger recipe for disaster against them I think.

Then again, some coaches, like Jimmy Lake at Washington, loves playing against Wazzou and their simple offense. He used to openly mock that offense. Maybe us adding a credible run threat will make us harder to defend than Wazzou was.

But at this point, big fella, I’m just looking to take some incremental steps and win the division a bunch of times and build some hype around our program. I don’t think we’re going to be at Clemson’s level any time soon.

Agreed.

Advertisement
Eh, whatever, I'll miss our Wikipedia armband pages flailing around.

miami-jarren-williams-transfer.jpg

Advertisement
From a brief search, haven't seen anyone in this thread use a word more important than "simple," "pace," "fast," or any of the others. It's "flexible."

You can be insanely complex with your formation and shifts, but if you're inflexible, as we were last year, you get uncovered WRs ignored and QBs running a predetermined play into the teeth of a prepared defense. Simple and fast are first. FSU improved at that under Briles. Flexibility comes next, but remains the most important.

Adapt or die - narrowly or broadly.
I think a faster pace allows for more flexibility. If you're lined up with a ton of time on the play clock, the OC can always "check with me" and change the play. When you're breaking the huddle at 15 seconds by the time you're lined up and ready to run the play, there's no time left to change anything. We've got a play called right into the teeth of what the defense is showing? Oh well, no time to change it, just run it and pray.

Advertisement
Back