Expectations for Zion

Have you seen Mccoy play or practice
I saw him play last season and thought he looked pretty good. Seems like a natural tackle who can be a **** good player with some time.

I understand he was hurt which is why I said I hope he can comeback from injury and play LT because the options there are pretty scarce. Rivers looked pretty bad and not sure what else we have there besides Samson, who is a TF and by all accounts is going to be very good but needs work.

Zion would absolutely start if he's healthy, but who would you want starting there if he's not available?

Advertisement
Sometimes we have the most overly simplistic, binary, simple-minded posters who like to minimalize complexity and "analyze" things in a child-like fashion.

Yes, Zion got hurt. Yes, the structural damage to his knee was not the worst, and he was expected to heal rapidly. Yes, based on what people were told, it was plausible to expect that Zion would not miss 2022.

But...the impact of his freshman-year rapid weight gain and the less-than-ideal body shape and distribution of weight led to some unforeseen impacts and setbacks during his recovery.

So, yes, we are where we are today. Hopefully, Zion is fully healed and will be able to withstand the pressure of his weight and leverage, as well as the physical collisions with defensive linemen.

But, sure, we should indulge the porsters who want to whine for over a year just because the initial assessments of Zion's time for recovery did not prove out to be accurate...

Has Mario still not sorted out our medical staff? This is the second long-term injury that's had setbacks (Citizen).

Please stop. You really don't know what you're talking about. Zion's setbacks were completely different from TreVonte's setback.

"Sorted out our medical staff"...please explain how the "medical staff" caused these setbacks. I want to hear specifics.

Advertisement
Please stop. You really don't know what you're talking about. Zion's setbacks were completely different from TreVonte's setback.

"Sorted out our medical staff"...please explain how the "medical staff" caused these setbacks. I want to hear specifics.
Ah, I see now why you have your reputation.

Ah, I see now why you have your reputation.

And I see why you have yours. Again, I'm asking for you to provide the information that led you to determine that there was a need to "sort out our medical staff" in order to avoid two completely different setbacks.

I know you won't have a response.

I personally have very high expectations of him, which is the exact opposite of how I felt when he was a freshman or sophomore.

There's no way coaches wouldn't have gone out and gotten an OT in the portal if they didn't expect Nelson back healthy. I was yapping about that all portal long. But we hardly even sniffed at OTs. Brad Tejada opined on the CIS live stream last week that it was because Nelson was closer to being ready than people realize. That was my "ah ha" moment. Our boy is coming back with a vengeance.

Kid was lights out at the tail end of the 2021 season when TVD was setting passing records. And this is his money year. Zion will be All ACC this season. That's my hot take.

Your lips to God’s ears kid.

Now all offseason i’ll be dreaming of da Lion Zion making Tyler’s blindside ( & his throwing shoulder ) a fackin fortress.

Mirabal is looking forward to work with him, I’ll tell you that much.

At this point I’ve seen so much bad football from our org. I don’t even know what expectations are. 15-0

Advertisement
SmartSelect_20230525_213432_Video Player.gif
To think of the conversations we are having about this guy. He's come a long way.

Advertisement

Well, they use leeches.

That's what my bellhop at the SLS told me.

View attachment 239637To think of the conversations we are having about this guy. He's come a long way.

Quality starting freshmen OTs are unicorns. I always said the kid had potential. But I was adamantly opposed to starting him that year because I knew the weight he was putting on wasn't healthy and that he wouldn't be able to play at a high level vs grown men. Nelson didn't stand a chance.

Flash forward 2 years, and he was looking NFL bound. I believe he'll be back to that this Fall.

Is he coming back this year? Another one with mysterious injury, we know nothing about, he is rushed back, injured again then to be forgotten.. Who knows what to expect from this guy because the mystery injury guys never seem able to come back, this guy gonna miss two seasons like Citizen?! WTF is going on at these practices, **** is unprecedented, I dont see benefit of tuff n fizical if we lose our best players for goin on multiple seasons AND we get blown out by MTSU/duke/fsu at home..

Hope he comes back fully healthy

What role does the stache have in this? We never hear his name referenced when it comes to a injuries.

Advertisement
View attachment 239637To think of the conversations we are having about this guy. He's come a long way.

Should have never been put in that position without any help. Still can't process a coach who would put a Tr Fr LT on an island against a P5 team their first game.

But yes, if he is healthy now, he changes the entire OL in a good way.

Should have never been put in that position without any help. Still can't process a coach who would put a Tr Fr LT on an island against a P5 team their first game.

But yes, if he is healthy now, he changes the entire OL in a good way.
And Campbell was a Redshirt Fresh. That Tommy Kennedy pick up still blows my mind. They had to assume he was going to lock down a tackle spot.

Advertisement
Back