Expectations for Zion

Hoping he can come back and be solid but expectation for right now are 0.

Rivers didn’t look like the answer at LT so hoping Mathew McCoy can get healthy and play that spot. Don’t know how long Samson O will take to acclimate there but maybe he challenges by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Just curious what the consensus is for Zion this season? Will he even be back? Wouod he even take anyones spot this season? Move to RT? The line seems pretty locked in with Jalen at LT right now.
LOL you watch the spring game at all ?

Is he coming back this year? Another one with mysterious injury, we know nothing about, he is rushed back, injured again then to be forgotten.. Who knows what to expect from this guy because the mystery injury guys never seem able to come back, this guy gonna miss two seasons like Citizen?! WTF is going on at these practices, **** is unprecedented, I dont see benefit of tuff n fizical if we lose our best players for goin on multiple seasons AND we get blown out by MTSU/duke/fsu at home..

Hope he comes back fully healthy

Hoping he can come back and be solid but expectation for right now are 0.

Rivers didn’t look like the answer at LT so hoping Mathew McCoy can get healthy and play that spot. Don’t know how long Samson O will take to acclimate there but maybe he challenges by the end of the season.
Mccoy is no where near ready. You want TVD hurt again. lol

Is he coming back this year? Another one with mysterious injury, we know nothing about, he is rushed back, injured again then to be forgotten.. Who knows what to expect from this guy because the mystery injury guys never seem able to come back, this guy gonna miss two seasons like Citizen?! WTF is going on at these practices, **** is unprecedented, I dont see benefit of tuff n fizical if we lose our best players for goin on multiple seasons AND we get blown out by MTSU/duke/fsu at home..

Hope he comes back fully healthy
Zions original injury was during the Manny regime. He reinjured it coming back

Advertisement
From all I have read on this site from the couple of individuals that do have good information ... any minutes that Zion gives will be a gift to the program and he is basically not part of the core game planning roster. Has a knee that can't take the weight.
What exactly happened to the knee?

Zions original injury was during the Manny regime. He reinjured it coming back
I remember there being a huge thread when there was a pool party picture with Maribal last offseason with his leg in brace and it was downplayed as nothing major, he will be ready for season? I could be misremembering as these terrible seasons just blend into a blur

Advertisement
I remember there being a huge thread when there was a pool party picture with Maribal last offseason with his leg in brace and it was downplayed as nothing major, he will be ready for season? I could be misremembering as these terrible seasons just blend into a blur
He was recovering from surgery last offseason. Expectations were for him to be ready early in the season which is why it was probably downplayed as nothing serious but word is he’s had a few setbacks since then.

Advertisement
He was a draft hopeful at one point, regardless of how off base many of those predictions were.

So is he still injured? Does he have an expected date of return?

Worst case scenario, he can't play at all, ever. That doesn't make sense, why not announce it? So they expect him back, that's clear, but maybe not the when.

So at when we are. To get drafted, he'll have to play. When he's healthy, he's a starter. So we're at wait and see.

Starting OT without a doubt. Not sure I understand the treatment he gets from fans. He missed a season with a knee injury. Before suffering that injury he started 32 games and looked good doing it.
Miami fans are an interesting bunch. I guess all fanbases can be that way. Yes, he was awesome last half of 2021. He was preseason FIRST team ALL-ACC, and ended up having surgery and a knee that didn't heal properly. We should all PRAY AND WISH he is 100%, because our pass protection and OL as a whole would be much better with him.

Advertisement
Miami fans are an interesting bunch. I guess all fanbases can be that way. Yes, he was awesome last half of 2021. He was preseason FIRST team ALL-ACC, and ended up having surgery and a knee that didn't heal properly. We should all PRAY AND WISH he is 100%, because our pass protection and OL as a whole would be much better with him.
I think it was some weird narrative that was created. Since he rushed back for AM game, some felt he could play thru injury and thought he was just sitting out for draft. When we sucked even more they blame the guy who is injured and think he shoudl drag his leg out there or something on some "tUfF n fIzIcAl" "put some dirt on it" kind of culture they think Mario will foster.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
Back