Evidence Njoku

He’s 6’6. Even he was used only in goal line instances, he would’ve been useful. How bout throwing a fade to the 6’6 guy v. the 5’10 guy. How many empty RZ trips did we have throwing fades for guys who are supposed to be in the slot? Doesn’t mean he starts, but he could’ve been a packaged player.
This offense only throws fades receivers under 6ft tall. That's the rule. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Njoku was criminally underutilized. Him and Hightower both. 3rd down % and red zone scoring prove that.

Not sure why so many put faith in staff evaluations from practice with zero in game proof.

This is the same staff that stated they wanted fast, uptempo, & explosive offense that would create havoc on DC's at the beginning of the year. JT4 would get 12 touches a game. That Brevin and Will were a 2 headed monster etc. Meanwhile 10 games in, we are sitting at 109th in the nation with 66 snaps per game which is same as Richt's 2018. With Penos running the show its literally going to be impossible to keep everyone happy and fed the ball b/c there simply isn't enough snaps and sustained drives to support it.

It's almost as if the first 8 games didn't happen and now b/c Penos put up some points against defenses ranked in the 110+ range. All is forgiven and it must be on the players who are sick of sitting on the bench and getting zero chance to make an impact in games.
All of this. **** must go

Advertisement
I believe he has some decent talent. Sometimes things just don't work out... It is what it is… Wish him the best...!

bama had 12 guys enter the portal just last offseason...a lot of them are buried on the depth chart like here (only hurts wasn't). it happens everywhere, but you dont actually research the **** you say
So you come for me, and all you got is one year of Alabaga losing some guys? Fcking duck ***.

How many players do the top 10 teams have on scholarship? Start there.

Advertisement
So you come for me, and all you got is one year of Alabaga losing some guys? Fcking duck ***.

How many players do the top 10 teams have on scholarship? Start there.

so state some facts instead of more insult duck ***. all you did is provide some commentary without any facts. you said the top teams dont lose guys. thats false. kids transfer EVERYWHERE esp when they dont see PT.

Player attrition is clearly something that needs to be fixed - as much as is possible in today's game. Franchise was correct; the staph needs to do a better job with player evaluations and personality management. Personality management is something I haven't seen specifically mentioned before, but is key to keeping players in a program and reducing unwanted attrition.

so state some facts instead of more insult duck ***. all you did is provide some commentary without any facts. you said the top teams dont lose guys. thats false. kids transfer EVERYWHERE esp when they dont see PT.
I can’t have honest debate with nitwits who can’t understand subtle points. For instance, you state that I said, “the top teams don’t lose guys,” which either is a reflection of your profound cognitive deficits or a blatant intentional mischaracterization of my point, which makes you a reprehensible cable news style lout. Anyone with an IQ over 75 knows I never said anything like that.

While I can’t waste effort debating with an unfortunate imbecile with cognitive deficits or with a cable news style liar, I do have some level of sympathy for the former.

Advertisement
Besides being nowhere near as athletic as Calvin Johnson, sure.
Not true. I guess you missed some of his practice highlights. A couple of years ago, NFL scouts said Njoku was the best WR prospect. I think the coaching staff had soured on his dropped passes. I think that's where he fell out of favor. We have a lot of very good receivers. We don't have guys of his size. I think the coaches are just comparing practice stats and saying, "You have too many drops. Your at the bottom of the depth chart." Rather than taking a Bill Belichick approach of, "What does this guy do well? What does he do better than anyone else?" IDK if there is a work ethic issue. Njoku may have lost interest when coaches fell out of favor. If he works hard, I'm willing to bet he becomes a stud for some school that needs WRs and will feature what he does well.

Cager, who fell out of favor because of drops, goes to UGA, starts, and is highly productive. UGA has a young WR core plus Coley knows Cager and probably recruited him. Cager was losing playing time because of drops. I think he felt he couldn't get back into favor with coaches. The point is he is thriving elsewhere. The same can happen for Njoku. I wish him well.

Only this board would cry for the 6(?) String WR leaving, he never showed anything in a game, at lest Hightower had the LSU game to give something to talk about.

Advertisement
More physically talented than Mallory today. Can only imagine what type of player he will become as his body fills out. Big loss. Brevin heading to the NFL the first chance he gets. Would have been a good bridge between the 2020 recruit we have.

This speaks to the U currently not having a great culture.

You think at Clem$on, Baga and Taint there aren’t kids who aren’t happy with playing time? Of course there is. Do those kids pack up and leave the team in droves in the middle of the season, no they don’t.

Ppl stay in places even if they aren’t 100% happy when the culture is great.

We are mismanaging kids and clearly we aren’t giving enough opportunities. If the guy in front of these kids was so much better there would be no problem.

But from what I’ve seen Manny goes out of his way to create faux competitions and is too rigid on where and when guys play. Which doesn’t work when you aren’t winning and the guys who are playing aren’t performing at such a high level that there is no question as to why they are in the game.

Advertisement
Back