Evidence Njoku

Not true. I guess you missed some of his practice highlights. A couple of years ago, NFL scouts said Njoku was the best WR prospect. I think the coaching staff had soured on his dropped passes. I think that's where he fell out of favor. We have a lot of very good receivers. We don't have guys of his size. I think the coaches are just comparing practice stats and saying, "You have too many drops. Your at the bottom of the depth chart." Rather than taking a Bill Belichick approach of, "What does this guy do well? What does he do better than anyone else?" IDK if there is a work ethic issue. Njoku may have lost interest when coaches fell out of favor. If he works hard, I'm willing to bet he becomes a stud for some school that needs WRs and will feature what he does well.

Cager, who fell out of favor because of drops, goes to UGA, starts, and is highly productive. UGA has a young WR core plus Coley knows Cager and probably recruited him. Cager was losing playing time because of drops. I think he felt he couldn't get back into favor with coaches. The point is he is thriving elsewhere. The same can happen for Njoku. I wish him well.

Cager fell out of favor? Why was he starting every game then?

Several factual errors in your post. I’ll let you find them and correct them

Advertisement
He was getting less playing time. Why else did he transfer?

Getting less playing time? Really?

He played a ton of snaps last year.

How about this? He transferred to go to a much better team with a chance to have a meaningful year in his last year. By the way he was a graduate transfer.

Will Mallory more "physically" talented than Njoku? Not a better player. Physical talent.
Yes on both physical talent and as a football player, isn’t even close.

Mallory hands, speed and size is all better than Njoku’s. Mallory is more of a freak athlete considering he’s run a 10.99 100 m at tight end before which is ridiculous and you don’t see it often

Mallory hands, speed and size is all better than Njoku’s. Mallory is more of a freak athlete considering he’s run a 10.99 100 m at tight end before which is ridiculous and you don’t see it often
That was before he put on 20 30 pounds. Great hands no question. Evidence

You don't see that often like I said I think he is clearly the better player. Your quoting a hundred meter dash time was from highschool before he picked up 20 30 lbs. Evidence is an inch taller also switch to TE late. When he adds muscle to his frame we are talking about a monster. Do you recall many explosive plays over Mallory's career. Legit redzone jump ball target but he doesn't get behind the defense often. Evidence was clocked at 4.53 in highschool at nearly 6'6 that's elite. Y'all forgot who this man's brother is? Also the kid can jump out of the gym. Look the whole big loss was a stretch but Mallory is not more explosive TODAY. We are seeing Mallory at his best. Kid has a slender lower body. Won't gain alot more weight. Evidence still has plenty of room to grow. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Still baffles me with our redzone troubles, why we wouldnt try to throw some fades to this dude. Coulda been good for 5+ TD's a year doing this alone. o well

Advertisement
If Evidence njoku hasn't signed with another school, then he needs to come back to Miami just like Reed and Hightower. We need tall bodies in the WR room, especially now that we are going uptempo. He is a redzone nightmare.

Go Canes
disagree, I think we need to stop with the narrative that if you are here you are good. no more begging players that leave/quit on the team to come back home.

disagree, I think we need to stop with the narrative that if you are here you are good. no more begging players that leave/quit on the team to come back home.

You lose his roster spot anyway so you might as well try an keep him. This is why UM is constantly under the 85 limit. We can only bring in 25 new bodies per year, so keeping the current bodies even if it is just for depth purposes it is crucial.

Go Canes

Go Canes

You lose his roster spot anyway so you might as well try an keep him. This is why UM is constantly under the 85 limit. We can only bring in 25 new bodies per year, so keeping the current bodies even if it is just for depth purposes it is crucial.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Having bodies for bodies sake doesn't mean a thing. This is why FIU and other teams called us soft. Soft mentality begged Jeff Thomas to come back after he quit on the team. It begged Jarren to come back...it allowed Tate to take a vacation. Hard stance, you leave, have a good one. You can get your degree...but no more on the team. There is no Evidence that Njoku is any good. He's tall, but Shawn Bradley was tall...doesn't make either any good.

Advertisement
Still baffles me with our redzone troubles, why we wouldnt try to throw some fades to this dude. Coulda been good for 5+ TD's a year doing this alone. o well
I completely agree. We have all these tall guys and we never called plays for them. At least Richt had sense enough to throw fades to tall receivers.

I wish Evidence well. If the kid puts it all together, there's no reason he couldn't be a Calvin Johnson type of player. Evidence is a freak a th athlete at his size. His catch radius is off the charts.

All they had to do is have him run stop and stick routes all day. Throw the ball to the top of the rim and let him go get it. That simple. Not even 50/50 balls. More like 90/10. These coaches have no vision. I think how would Bill Belichick use him? Unreal how they didn't use this kid. Wish him well.

Having bodies for bodies sake doesn't mean a thing. This is why FIU and other teams called us soft. Soft mentality begged Jeff Thomas to come back after he quit on the team. It begged Jarren to come back...it allowed Tate to take a vacation. Hard stance, you leave, have a good one. You can get your degree...but no more on the team. There is no Evidence that Njoku is any good. He's tall, but Shawn Bradley was tall...doesn't make either any good.

Oh you have jokes this morning!

Go Canes

Advertisement
I always have jokes. But I'm serious. I respect your opinion...but do you think Saban or Dabo would take players back that left?

I also understand your point about accountability for players, but man desperate times require exceptions to the status quo. As for Bama and Clemson those are different animals currently.

Go Canes

Your post is just a hodgepodge of generalizations. Having a player come back, a player who had specific issues with a coach, is not what makes us "soft". Plenty of UM players have considered transferring in the past, but came back to the team. Unfortunately, in today's technology, players can communicate every childish impulse on social media, not to mention the fact that the portal publicizes the issue as well.

We need to retain players. We need to develop players. There is nothing to indicate that Evidence Njoku is incapable of being a solid player for us, outside of the fact that he has considered transferring.

If your standard is "anyone who considers leaving should just leave", then we are going to have 40 scholarship guys on the roster next year.

I also understand your point about accountability for players, but man desperate times require exceptions to the status quo. As for Bama and Clemson those are different animals currently.

Go Canes
We used to have accountability. I'd rather suffer a little to get that back. Lord knows I've suffered plenty in the last 15 years. The only way to lose the soft label is to punch people in the mouth. Hiring a good OC is step one. Score 30+ a game, win 10 plus games. Clemson's lowest point total for the year was 21. OSU's was 23 in the loss. LSU 23 vs Auburn, and Oklahoma 28 in the drubbing that LSU put on them. This is where we need to get to. We ain't there.

Your post is just a hodgepodge of generalizations. Having a player come back, a player who had specific issues with a coach, is not what makes us "soft". Plenty of UM players have considered transferring in the past, but came back to the team. Unfortunately, in today's technology, players can communicate every childish impulse on social media, not to mention the fact that the portal publicizes the issue as well.

We need to retain players. We need to develop players. There is nothing to indicate that Evidence Njoku is incapable of being a solid player for us, outside of the fact that he has considered transferring.

If your standard is "anyone who considers leaving should just leave", then we are going to have 40 scholarship guys on the roster next year.
You can consider leaving without putting your name in the portal. Also that player that had specific issues with a coach quit on his team. I agree, we need to retain players. Again, not to harp on a pun...there is no evidence that Njoku is any good.

Advertisement
Back