Even Ferman is taking the gloves off

Jaand must go for me to believe we are serious period. Frenk working behind scenes is really not a comfortable thought either
cosmetic change will not be beneficial ..... fan base will be skeptical period till we see substantive change

Advertisement
Sheet GIF
Truth hurts, our secondary look terrible ngl

What a story Mario has to sell to recruits if we make this real commitment and he comes home etc.
holy ****!

Advertisement
Advertisement
i finally read Ferman's article. For someone who makes a living on "jounalism", his writing could not be any worse.

"Through the crisis that UM football has become the past few seasons due to some very serious mistakes that were made after Mark Richt retired as coach in late 2018, the University of Miami might just now be finding its way back toward a future with enormous athletic department potential."

i finally read Ferman's article. For someone who makes a living on "jounalism", his writing could not be any worse.

"Through the crisis that UM football has become the past few seasons due to some very serious mistakes that were made after Mark Richt retired as coach in late 2018, the University of Miami might just now be finding its way back toward a future with enormous athletic department potential."
73670863.jpg

They could pull a Michigan on us. What’s funny is that was the 1st thing Harbaugh requested when taking the job. He said we need to switch b/c perception is everything. A couple of high profiled Michigan alums, namely Charles Woodson made it happen by reaching out to MJ, since he’s a Jordan Brand athlete, & the rest was history. The ONLY reason that happened, though, is b/c Michigan hired a credible coach. The results? Michigan apparel sold out w/in minutes. Btw, same happened w/ UCLA.

Adidas is all in on U Dub. There’s a whole article on why Washington became Adidas’ new flagship school. Just like we didn’t hold up on our end of the bargain for the ACC, we haven’t held up our end w/ Adidas & their attention is on UL (basketball), KU (basketball) & UDub (football). I’m going to assume once ASU’s contract is up, being that, that’s James Harden’s school, they’ll get broke off, too. Another indictment on James….these schools signed 6-8 yr deals, and we signed a 12 yr deal when the market has already changed.

Just one more thing of y I posted point 5….Long Beach Poly switched from Adidas back to Nike. Allegedly some local kids were not coming to Poly b/c of brand affiliation (per my home girl whose son is going to be a top 2023 kid in the nation).
The direct quote as to why was as follows: “Adidas and Oakley are underdog companies and there’s nothing underdog about Poly football.” Again, point 5 is about perception, and Adidas is perceived as a 2nd rate company + Yeezy. And Yeezy even goes on his IG sporting & begging for Nike apparel.
man y'all really into the Chinese sweatshop brands lol.

I am not sure if firing BJ is a necessity, get a good coach that is an Alpha (Mario or someone like him) in place that wins and he will override the AD. You think Saban or Dabo give a **** what their AD says, nah, they will go straight to the president of the university. BJ only has power because Manny is a puzzy and does not know **** about running a football team so he has to listen to BJ. Mario comes in and BJ has very little power over the football operations. JMO.
Regardless, I would still like to see BJ gone.
The only reason Saban is at Alabama is because their AD sat outside his house in Miami for days and wouldn't leave without talking to him. Then he convinced him of their commitment to football and got him to leave an NFL HC position to be Bamas head coach. Then he built an infrastructure that's dominated CFB since. So yes, the AD matters.

Advertisement
Boy oh boy….u really need to find out bout Adidas, my guy

oh im saying they're all bad. not just nike or Adidas or w.e. personally, I liked the Nike gear better (in terms of fan apparel for design) but quality was about the same as the Adidas stuff (actually the shorts are better in Adidas in terms of material imo). neither are great overall. if the more elite work out brands made Miami **** id be thrilled

The only reason Saban is at Alabama is because their AD sat outside his house in Miami for days and wouldn't leave without talking to him. Then he convinced him of their commitment to football and got him to leave an NFL HC position to be Bamas head coach. Then he built an infrastructure that's dominated CFB since. So yes, the AD matters.

also Saban ran that program since day 1. he wasn't getting told anything by the AD. he ran the dolphins the same way.

Advertisement
Sabans wife was pushing harder for him to leave Miami than anything else. She absolutely hated Miami.

also Saban ran that program since day 1. he wasn't getting told anything by the AD. he ran the dolphins the same way.
For sure, but that AD (I forget his name, he's retired since) found the right coach and made it happen. All we need is an AD who can get the right coach then get him what he needs. BJ wouldn't know a good coach to save his life. He definitely couldn't convince that coach to come work here.

For sure, but that AD (I forget his name, he's retired since) found the right coach and made it happen. All we need is an AD who can get the right coach then get him what he needs. BJ wouldn't know a good coach to save his life. He definitely couldn't convince that coach to come work here.
Mal Moore was going to give saban Every resource to dominate college football. Boosters helped him do that. Very few can compete with that.

Advertisement
Back