Evan Shirreffs!

Sounds like the type of praise you hear for a good backup / spot starter. Probably the type of praise they had for Faton Bauta at Georgia.

Na he's more talented Arm Strength wise than Bauta. Evan can actually make a play or two down the field while Bauta is more of a game manager kind of guy.

Advertisement
I was floored when I saw Shirreff's tape. How does a guy throw like that, play action like that, move around in the pocket like that, and be a total student of the game and not get better offers? Oh, and he's 6'5"... For the life of me, I just don't get it. His PA passes looked like a pro for crying out loud.
Said it last year....He looks every bit as good as Kaaya coming out of high school...I believe we'll find Allison riding the pine behind The Shirreff..

Yawl crazy as ****... How soon do they forget, Kaaya was a beast coming out of high school.... 0 int's:

[video=youtube;AwraoBJTczY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwraoBJTczY[/video]

Advertisement
how about that QB keeper..and they said Kaaya couldn't run...

Oh, yeah... How about pin point accruacy talk about throwing the ball on a rope... Man, we won't realize that we had a great one until he's gone... He was better than Dorsey.... I wish Richt had another 4 years with this guy...
[video=youtube;ZCAALS2zsV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAALS2zsV8[/video]

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if this kid ever takes a snap as a starter here.

Why? To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns the backup spot. With elite tutelage under Richt, kid could be a major surprise at this level.

Rosier didn't exactly flash anything last season when his number was called so he's not a sure thing for the backup spot, but could greatly improve under Richt.

I think you're basing your statement on the fact Shirreff didn't have great offers coming out of high school.

Why? To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns the backup spot. With elite tutelage under Richt, kid could be a major surprise at this level.

Rosier didn't exactly flash anything last season when his number was called so he's not a sure thing for the backup spot, but could greatly improve under Richt.

I think you're basing your statement on the fact Shirreff didn't have great offers coming out of high school.

The odds are stacked against him, especially if Kaaya stays for his senior year. The two guys we are bringing in this year are superior prospects to him coming out and that's not even mentioning Jack allison, who I'm not extremely high on. If Kaaya stays for his senior year he'll be competing with at least 3 guys (assuming we sign Weldon and Perry) who could've went to a number of Power 5 schools. I'm just not ready to predict this kid being a starter based off of some practice quotes. How soon we forget that [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] claimed Kirby Freeman looked like a super star before the start of 2007 season.

The odds are stacked against him, especially if Kaaya stays for his senior year. The two guys we are bringing in this year are superior prospects to him coming out and that's not even mentioning Jack allison, who I'm not extremely high on. If Kaaya stays for his senior year he'll be competing with at least 3 guys (assuming we sign Weldon and Perry) who could've went to a number of Power 5 schools. I'm just not ready to predict this kid being a starter based off of some practice quotes. How soon we forget that [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] claimed Kirby Freeman looked like a super star before the start of 2007 season.

People like you kill me. Ain't no **** true freshman coming in here and beating a RS sophmore or junior, especially if their not EE's. If we had good QBs when Kaaya got here, this would probably be his first year having a chance to play here. Yall dont realize how much tougher it is to be a college qb compared to a hs qb. This same thing is said every year. The newest guy is always the "best" or more talented than the upperclassmen that actually know how to read a playbook, pick up the scheme, and workout when no one is looking. Y'all play that ncaa college football 14 too much.

Advertisement

People like you kill me. Ain't no **** true freshman coming in here and beating a RS sophmore or junior, especially if their not EE's. If we had good QBs when Kaaya got here, this would probably be his first year having a chance to play here. Yall dont realize how much tougher it is to be a college qb compared to a hs qb. This same thing is said every year. The newest guy is always the "best" or more talented than the upperclassmen that actually know how to read a playbook, pick up the scheme, and workout when no one is looking. Y'all play that ncaa college football 14 too much.

BS. Where have you been? Olsen was a RS and predicted to start before Kaaya came in and Kaaya beat the breaks off of him. No contest! Lots of young guys have come in and played as freshman. But they either have to be ready or there is no other guy but it can be done.

BS. Where have you been? Olsen was a RS and predicted to start before Kaaya came in and Kaaya beat the breaks off of him. No contest! Lots of young guys have come in and played as freshman. But they either have to be ready or there is no other guy but it can be done.

Olsen? lmao Ryan Williams was predicted to start. Then it became a contest between Heaps and Kaaya towards the end of the summer.

Olsen? lmao Ryan Williams was predicted to start. Then it became a contest between Heaps and Kaaya towards the end of the summer.

You just made my point even stronger. He beat the breaks off all them. Hands down! No Contest!

You just made my point even stronger. He beat the breaks off all them. Hands down! No Contest!
why are you guys arguing playing a freshman between a guy who's been in the system all depends on a schools situation.

Advertisement

why are you guys arguing playing a freshman between a guy who's been in the system all depends on a schools situation.

I'm not sure because I basically said the same thing.

How soon we forget that @DMoney claimed Kirby Freeman looked like a super star before the start of 2007 season.

Bull****. Never said he was a superstar or anything close. I did say he was playing better than Kyle Wright in practice, which is why he opened the season as a starter. Problem is he got the shakes during the games.

It's obvious you lack reading comprehension skills. I said if we had GOOD qbs when he got here, he wouldn't have played. No **** he was better than heaps, williams, and olsen. Thanks for proving my point.

Advertisement
I never seen a fan base hype up so many players that never played or that has never did anything.

Sheriffs and gordinier are great players all of a sudden. Rosier is this great dual threat qb, choc is the next great rb, mccord is a "freak" athlete and a stud and I'm pretty **** sure it's more of them out there.

I never seen a fan base hype up so many players that never played or that has never did anything.

Sheriffs and gordinier are great players all of a sudden. Rosier is this great dual threat qb, choc is the next great rb, mccord is a "freak" athlete and a stud and I'm pretty **** sure it's more of them out there.
To my defense I liked Shirreffs coming out of HS [MENTION=8136]252cane[/MENTION]

I thought he was named the starter because Kyle Wright was in the Randy Shannon doghouse for saying Randy Shannon was "more of the same" when he was hired.
How soon we forget that @DMoney claimed Kirby Freeman looked like a super star before the start of 2007 season.

Bull****. Never said he was a superstar or anything close. I did say he was playing better than Kyle Wright in practice, which is why he opened the season as a starter. Problem is he got the shakes during the games.

I was floored when I saw Shirreff's tape. How does a guy throw like that, play action like that, move around in the pocket like that, and be a total student of the game and not get better offers? Oh, and he's 6'5"... For the life of me, I just don't get it. His PA passes looked like a pro for crying out loud.

Absolutely. A UM fan I've known for years, a guy who did volunteer work for a number of UM recruiting coordinators going back to Dave Scott, said he looked like a 5 star on his video. When I saw the video, my jaw dropped. He was absolutely right.

Advertisement
Back