Evan Shirreffs!

Advertisement
Mark Richt didnt seem that impressed with Brad Kaaya as a QB talent either when asked on his interview with Joe Rose.... he may have to compete for the starting spot as well.

Somehow, defying all logic, you get dumber and dumber as the years go on.

Met Sherriff's parents at a game last fall. His Mother was feeling no pain if you get my drift. :peaceful:

I was floored when I saw Shirreff's tape. How does a guy throw like that, play action like that, move around in the pocket like that, and be a total student of the game and not get better offers? Oh, and he's 6'5"... For the life of me, I just don't get it. His PA passes looked like a pro for crying out loud.

Advertisement
Yes! I've always wanted this guy to start and hopefully next year he will. This is what a real qb looks like. Tall, athletic, accurate, and a student of the game like Manning

Have the Richts talked about their familiarity with Shirreffs back when he was in high school in GA? I wonder if they recruited him.

His only other offers were Georgetown, Old Dominion and Eastern Michigan. Very under the radar recruit. Even if he didnt miss his junior year with injury, its hard to get recognition when playing in south Georgia.

Didn't know Georgetown did football.

I was floored when I saw Shirreff's tape. How does a guy throw like that, play action like that, move around in the pocket like that, and be a total student of the game and not get better offers? Oh, and he's 6'5"... For the life of me, I just don't get it. His PA passes looked like a pro for crying out loud.

Didn't he have injury problems in high school. I thought that's why he wasn't heavily recruited

Advertisement
Mark Richt didnt seem that impressed with Brad Kaaya as a QB talent either when asked on his interview with Joe Rose.... he may have to compete for the starting spot as well.

Somehow you got dingleberries lodged in your ears...

Advertisement
Agreed. I also like that he didn't lock on to the first target every single time. I see some things in his film that I really, really like. Those redone passes were a thing of beauty. We haven't had a QB throw red zone passes like that since Dorsey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBEwx0UwgM QUOTE=MIAMIDOMINATION;2512986]does sheriff have a big arm? ive never seen film

good at hitting recievers in stride and seems to have a good arm

im glad we got him and allison in the same class[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I also like that he didn't lock on to the first target every single time. I see some things in his film that I really, really like. Those redone passes were a thing of beauty. We haven't had a QB throw red zone passes like that since Dorsey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBEwx0UwgM QUOTE=MIAMIDOMINATION;2512986]does sheriff have a big arm? ive never seen film

good at hitting recievers in stride and seems to have a good arm

im glad we got him and allison in the same class
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too particularly on the fade type routes

Advertisement
Guy looked pretty good against Duke. I'd trust him this year if Kaaya went down (knock on wood)

Have the Richts talked about their familiarity with Shirreffs back when he was in high school in GA? I wonder if they recruited him.

His only other offers were Georgetown, Old Dominion and Eastern Michigan. Very under the radar recruit. Even if he didnt miss his junior year with injury, its hard to get recognition when playing in south Georgia.

Didn't know Georgetown did football.

He had some Ivy's too.

Shirreffs was not recruited by Georgia. Was way under the radar until his senior year and really shined in the Georgia All Star game. That game got him his offer from Miami. He comes from a football family and had to adjust to his grow spurt. He came out of high school tall and skinny as a rail. Solid gUYsm to have on the roster. I be from the south of Georgia and we ain't surprised he is doing well. There is some good high school football here. Saban, Kelly, and Urban been around this past recruiting cycle.

I'm just glad they weren't around when Shirreffs was being recruited.
Shirreffs was not recruited by Georgia. Was way under the radar until his senior year and really shined in the Georgia All Star game. That game got him his offer from Miami. He comes from a football family and had to adjust to his grow spurt. He came out of high school tall and skinny as a rail. Solid gUYsm to have on the roster. I be from the south of Georgia and we ain't surprised he is doing well. There is some good high school football here. Saban, Kelly, and Urban been around this past recruiting cycle.

Advertisement
Back