1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

WOW what a slap in the face

Have we shown the world any indicators that would disagree with this analysis?

Yeah we went 9-4 last season with a ****** at QB & Duke, Dorsett & waters out injured the last 5 games of the season. We stay healthy we go 9-4 again.

Advertisement
Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

WOW what a slap in the face

Have we shown the world any indicators that would disagree with this analysis?

Yeah we went 9-4 last season with a ****** at QB & Duke, Dorsett & waters out injured the last 5 games of the season. We stay healthy we go 9-4 again.

Hooray!

No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****** defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?
OK...you've said this season is a "throw-away" season more than once in other threads. That, along with this dumbass leading question above, I have a problem with. To me, that's a slap in the face to every kid on this roster, and for you to do that makes you a worse fan than our D is sh1tty.

I'm sorry dude...I've got my own problems with Golden/NoDFrio...but no way in **** am I passively or actively going to root for this team to fail in order to have a coaching change occur. You've implied that as being your purpose for this season on more than one occasion.

This ain't about me rooting for/defending Golden and his boy. This is about me rooting for these kids to succeed. They're the ones putting on the uniform, and for you to basically imply that you hope they lose and that this season is a "throw-away", is reason enough for me to root harder for them to rise above the odds and succeed. I swear, you're like Randy Quaid's character in Major League 2. If we somehow overcome adversity and do well this year, I'd better not catch your *** at the ACC Championship Game in Canes colors. You can go ahead and keep rooting against us just to get rid of Golden if you want. Me...I can't do that...and I think it sucks that you can.

I dont root against the CANES.

I have seen enough of F.A.G. to know that he is not the answer. this is where it is difficult as a fan. is it really any better to go 8-4 instead of 6-6 if 6-6 means you get a new coach and a chance at actually being good?

Advertisement
No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****ty defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?

What I want and what I assume you want is the same thing, a 6th championship. Question is how we get there right? I'm not defending Golden & Co. My point is that ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about. Like tsimonitis posted, they picked us to win the coastal last year. This year, with more talent they predict 5 of 7 mediocre teams finish ahead of us. Cmon man.

Question for you, if we finish 5 or 6 in the Coastal but beat fsu, do you give Golden another year?

NO.

first there is almost no chance that we beat FSU. LOL at that

yes I want championships, and I've seen enough of F.A.G. to know that he isnt gonna get us there. no chance. thats why I dont want to wallow around in mediocrity (if you can even call us that) with a defense that is unwatchable

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****** defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?
OK...you've said this season is a "throw-away" season more than once in other threads. That, along with this dumbass leading question above, I have a problem with. To me, that's a slap in the face to every kid on this roster, and for you to do that makes you a worse fan than our D is sh1tty.

I'm sorry dude...I've got my own problems with Golden/NoDFrio...but no way in **** am I passively or actively going to root for this team to fail in order to have a coaching change occur. You've implied that as being your purpose for this season on more than one occasion.

This ain't about me rooting for/defending Golden and his boy. This is about me rooting for these kids to succeed. They're the ones putting on the uniform, and for you to basically imply that you hope they lose and that this season is a "throw-away", is reason enough for me to root harder for them to rise above the odds and succeed. I swear, you're like Randy Quaid's character in Major League 2. If we somehow overcome adversity and do well this year, I'd better not catch your *** at the ACC Championship Game in Canes colors. You can go ahead and keep rooting against us just to get rid of Golden if you want. Me...I can't do that...and I think it sucks that you can.

I have seen enough of F.A.G. to know that he is not the answer. this is where it is difficult as a fan. is it really any better to go 8-4 instead of 6-6 if 6-6 means you get a new coach and a chance at actually being good?
It might be a tough choice for you, but I'm not going to put my problems/issues with Golden/NoDFrio in front of these kids winning. There won't be a single shred of my being that is upset if we were to (somehow miraculously) go 14-0 and win the whole **** thing. Golden/NoDFrio as coach wouldn't ruin that for me in the slightest. I'm not sure you can claim the same thing. You say you don't root against the Canes, but that makes zero sense. Like it or not, and even with their Pedo State backgrounds...*spoiler alert*...Golden and NoDFrio are indeed Canes at this point. Rooting for them to fail means the team fails, and so do the kids. By rooting for their demise, you're rooting against the Canes.

For the record--I'm not saying it's a high possibility that we have great success this season. I'm not blind to our issues, and I believe we'll probably end up somewhere between 6-6 or 10-2 for the regular season, depending upon injuries and how well we matchup with other teams as the season goes on. If we go 10-2 or so and wind up in the ACCCG and a decent bowl, Golden's not going anywhere. That's reality. If we go 8-4 or worse and look bad doing it again, then Golden's probably gone, barring him having some naked sunbathing photos of Shalalalalala and Blake James together in the Keys.

We went 9-4 last year with a God awful schedule and (for better or worse) a Senior QB.

This year you get a tougher schedule, a freshman QB, and the same ****** coaching.

Do the math. Until proven otherwise it's hard to argue with what ESPN is prognosticating.

It might be a tough choice for you, but I'm not going to put my problems/issues with Golden/NoDFrio in front of these kids winning. There won't be a single shred of my being that is upset if we were to (somehow miraculously) go 14-0 and win the whole **** thing. Golden/NoDFrio as coach wouldn't ruin that for me in the slightest. I'm not sure you can claim the same thing. You say you don't root against the Canes, but that makes zero sense. Like it or not, and even with their Pedo State backgrounds...*spoiler alert*...Golden and NoDFrio are indeed Canes at this point. Rooting for them to fail means the team fails, and so do the kids. By rooting for their demise, you're rooting against the Canes.

For the record--I'm not saying it's a high possibility that we have great success this season. I'm not blind to our issues, and I believe we'll probably end up somewhere between 6-6 or 10-2 for the regular season, depending upon injuries and how well we matchup with other teams as the season goes on. If we go 10-2 or so and wind up in the ACCCG and a decent bowl, Golden's not going anywhere. That's reality. If we go 8-4 or worse and look bad doing it again, then Golden's probably gone, barring him having some naked sunbathing photos of Shalalalalala and Blake James together in the Keys.

you still dont get it. of course i want to go 14-0 but that requires a competent staff which *spoiler alert* WE DONT HAVE

if we go 8-4 we might be stuck with the same BS for another year and dig an even deeper hole to climb out of

Advertisement
Picked us to win last season. :noidea:

We should've except we have bad coaches.

And all that draft-able talent that the past coach left.....wait wuh?

What does draftable have to do with anything? We have starters on our roster that Duke or VT wish they could get.

How many players are they having drafted this draft?

I thought you would understand, so let me make it easier. By draftable players, that would mean players that have the potential to be drafted, i.e, have enough talent to play at the next level, which would mean they have shown enough potential during their college careers to be drafted. Ergo, having more players draftable on your team, would mean your team the year before had talent.

Majority of those players everyone wish they could get our freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and some seniors.

How many players that are draftable in 2014, which are all seniors would others teams want? Maybe Morris? Seantrel? Linder? Hurns? Is that the list or am I missing some?

What does draftable have to do with anything? We have starters on our roster that Duke or VT wish they could get.

I thought you would understand, so let me make it easier. By draftable players, that would mean players that have the potential to be drafted, i.e, have enough talent to play at the next level, which would mean they have shown enough potential during their college careers to be drafted. Ergo, having more players draftable on your team, would mean your team the year before had talent.

Majority of those players everyone wish they could get our freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and some seniors.

How many players that are draftable in 2014, which are all seniors would others teams want? Maybe Morris? Seantrel? Linder? Hurns? Is that the list or am I missing some?

Wake Forest gave us all we wanted, how many draftable players do they have? Duke wrecked us with a coastal championship gift wrapped to us with how many draftable players?

Wake Forest gave us all we wanted, how many draftable players do they have? Duke wrecked us with a coastal championship gift wrapped to us with how many draftable players?

#1 - we beat WF
#2 - Duke won 10 games, time to stop looking at the helmet and looking at the actual players.

You don't understand you ******* idiot.

A team is more than seniors. On top of the guys you mentioned maybe Porter and Robinson would start on other teams. David Gilbert was also all Big Ten before Doritos got his hands on him.

Not to mention juniors like Perryman, Feliciano, Chick and Gunter who would start for other teams. Add to that the number of sophomores we have that would start for other teams that have played since they were true freshmen and there's no doubt in my mind we have more talent than Duke and VT.

Advertisement

#1 - we beat WF
#2 - Duke won 10 games, time to stop looking at the helmet and looking at the actual players.

Because Duke has so many players that will be drafted in this draft or the next two.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****ty defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?

It isn't that simple I'm guessing or Golden and crew would've been gone last year.

My opinion, he would've been fired last year, granted I've said since day one he shouldn't have been hired.

His raise told me all I needed to know, they don't give a rat's *** about being on top anymore. His extension gave him the leverage to keep his entire underperforming staff on board. People say we don't have the money to pay top dollar for a coach or his assistants, they don't say otherwise (they did when they went looking post Shannon, but went cheap instead.

Then you toss the NCAA on top as your cherry, a good many people accept the excuses, and you've got what we've got....a program with a rich history but nobody working towards regaining our former glory.

We've become excuse U. The only way that changes is if people in even larger numbers stop donating and going to games. As long as they have enough money to operate the entire athletic budget, which joining the ACC allowed for, there's little incentive to want for more as long as the players keep their noses clean. Sad stuff, but that's our current reality.

Should the Coastal shape up the way ESPN suggests it will, Golden is retained, there shouldn't be anything one could take away from that but the above.

Golden is heading into his 9th season as a CEO.

He has never won more than 9 games.

He has never won his conference.

He has never won a bowl game.

We have enough talent to compete in the ACC, but our coaching staff will prevent that from happening.

Advertisement
you still dont get it. of course i want to go 14-0 but that requires a competent staff which *spoiler alert* WE DONT HAVE

if we go 8-4 we might be stuck with the same BS for another year and dig an even deeper hole to climb out of
No, I get it. We were stuck with Coker and Shannon, and until they finally had catastrophic things happen on the field, they weren't leaving. It will take something bad happening this year for Golden/NoDFrio to be gone. I completely get that. Even when I wanted rid of Shannon worse than you want rid of Golden, though--I NEVER hoped for a single loss. Ever.

My point is, you seem to be actively rooting for that to happen by pooh-poohing any possibility that this team could actually do well this season. I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just saying it's possible. As has been pointed out...with decent QB/DT play this season, we'll be a good team. Now how good--no one knows. Could be good enough to keep Golden/NoDFrio in a job. If that's the case--so be it. I'm not gonna be sour if the team wins, and it's enough for them to stick around. The catch-22 in this situation is, that IF (emphasis on IF) this team does indeed do better than last year on the field, and improves enough to get to 10 or more wins, then that means that Golden/NoDFrio are doing a better job as well. Then what do you root for? Do you give the kids the credit, and still say our staff is incompetent? Or do you just dismiss this season as an anomaly, and still hold on to the "we don't have a competent staff" narrative? Or in the least likely scenario--do you actually give the staff credit for turning things around, especially if we get some extreme results, like a 1 or 2 loss season and a D in the top 20?

You may feel like you're just asking a pragmatic question, but in reality, you're just coming across as a guy who wants to put getting rid of Golden/NoDFrio in front of winning anything this coming season.

You don't understand you ****ing idiot.

A team is more than seniors. On top of the guys you mentioned maybe Porter and Robinson would start on other teams. David Gilbert was also all Big Ten before Doritos got his hands on him.

Not to mention juniors like Perryman, Feliciano, Chick and Gunter who would start for other teams. Add to that the number of sophomores we have that would start for other teams that have played since they were true freshmen and there's no doubt in my mind we have more talent than Duke and VT.

:ibisroflmao:

Porter and Robinson were serviceable, Im not in the dogging our players game. They are good rotation players.

David Gilbert was all big ten, then he got injured.

The rest of the guys, Perryman, Feliciano, Chick and Gunter are now SENIORS!!! Which is exactly what I am saying, geez!

Both Duke and VT have had their systems for a minimum of 7 years. And even then, they still have years where they are crap. Is that an indictment on their coaches or players? If its in your mind, that explains it all. No need to elaborate.

#1 - we beat WF

#1 Beating a really bad Div 1 team isn't something you put in the "plus" column at the university of Miami
#2 Duke was the prettiest fat girl. They won 10 games cause they're in the same crappy conference we are in and played a similar schedule. If we had any semblance of a coaching staff...we would have won 10 or 11 games .

#2 has a **** of a lot better coach than us...I'll give you that.

Last edited:

#1 - we beat WF

Because Duke has so many players that will be drafted in this draft or the next two.

Duke won 10 games in who knows how long. Its ok to tip your hat to them when they defy all odds and have a great season.

But then again, you are the same person who talks about not looking at outliers, then talk about how Auburn turned it around in 1 year, so that means it should happen everywhere.

Advertisement
Back