2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

WOW what a slap in the face

Advertisement
What does it mean when my initial thought was "that cannot be accurate"? Idk if I should be I guess but am very, very surprised to see that

Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

Have we shown the world any indicators that would disagree with this analysis?

Advertisement
6th in the coastal and they still only have us 1 game out of the ACC title game. This is obviously just their prediction but the coastal is definitely going to be a **** show this year.

Yeah, it's hard being an old school Cane and seeing that, but I'm guessing they feel our season tanked when Ryan got injured. I have little knowledge of what the other teams will have but I know we're not losing to Duke, Pitt, and UNC at home.

Advertisement
This is not a shocking development.

We have not been good.
We were bringing on a new starter at QB, then he got hurt, so we have an even bigger question mark at QB.
Our defense has been poor and we have lost players from that D.
We think those players were bad, because they were and that the replacements will be better, but that is still a question to be answered.
Our interior DL is still thin.
Our coaches are still a question mark.
Duke is not proven healthy.

Yeah, it's hard being an old school Cane and seeing that, but I'm guessing they feel our season tanked when Ryan got injured. I have little knowledge of what the other teams will have but I know we're not losing to Duke, Pitt, and UNC at home.

Who was Ryan Williams?

Only 3 teams in the ACC are returning with their QB from a year ago.

ESPN isn't selling the off their Cane stocks over a QB.

Who was Ryan Williams?

Only 3 teams in the ACC are returning with their QB from a year ago.

ESPN isn't selling the off their Cane stocks over a QB.

Morris was very pedestrian last season, no reason to believe someone else on the roster can't be just as average.

Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

apparently 99% of this board thinks that we are going to magically be good next year with a QB that has never taken a snap in college after we got embarrassed 4 out of the last 6 games to end 2013.

these people probably believe in fairies and unicorns too

Advertisement
7-5 seems like an appropriate over/under. will not be surprised if we are +1 or -1 in either direction.

Advertisement
Jeff Ireland predictions:

Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

apparently 99% of this board thinks that we are going to magically be good next year with a QB that has never taken a snap in college after we got embarrassed 4 out of the last 6 games to end 2013.

these people probably believe in fairies and unicorns too

No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****** defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?

Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

Well, to start with, we beat 3 out of 5 teams placed in front of us last year (GT/Pitt/UNC). We get some guys back in Dorsett and Duke that should help us be better overall. Also--I would wager to most that we've gotten more talented/deeper, or at least stayed the same, at every position on the field other than QB, simply because we don't know which young QB will be pulling the trigger or how well they will do. The only other question mark position is who's going to punt for us, too. And I don't see any major strides that GT/Pitt/UNC made to be placed ahead of us in the standings...other than maybe them having a more favorable schedule than we do.

There are plenty of things that worry all of us: the defense, the QB, Golden's gameday skills, etc...I know these are all weaknesses, major ones...but we'll have to play with them and hope our strengths can outweigh them in more games than not.

IMO--the main thing that this shows is that it is more than possible that we could either win the Coastal or finish 6th in the Coastal. About 4 games (@VT, Duke, F$U, @Lousiville) will basically be our season as far as the Coastal goes. I'm not saying the others are gimmies either, just saying that as long as we hold serve like we should in the rest of our games, it's gonna come down to those 4 games in particular to decide our fate.

If we go 3-1 or 4-0 in those 4, and handle our business in other games, we'll win the Coastal. If we go 2-2 or worse, it won't be pretty. 2-2, and our only hope will be somehow winning a tiebreaker scenario. Worse than that, we'll be looking at some turnover in the coaching staff (or at least we should).

Advertisement
Back