1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

WOW what a slap in the face

Have we shown the world any indicators that would disagree with this analysis?

We've beaten GT like a **** tom tom for the past 5 years and they have us losing to them. So there's that.

Advertisement
353.gif

No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****** defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?
OK...you've said this season is a "throw-away" season more than once in other threads. That, along with this dumbass leading question above, I have a problem with. To me, that's a slap in the face to every kid on this roster, and for you to do that makes you a worse fan than our D is sh1tty.

I'm sorry dude...I've got my own problems with Golden/NoDFrio...but no way in **** am I passively or actively going to root for this team to fail in order to have a coaching change occur. You've implied that as being your purpose for this season on more than one occasion.

This ain't about me rooting for/defending Golden and his boy. This is about me rooting for these kids to succeed. They're the ones putting on the uniform, and for you to basically imply that you hope they lose and that this season is a "throw-away", is reason enough for me to root harder for them to rise above the odds and succeed. I swear, you're like Randy Quaid's character in Major League 2. If we somehow overcome adversity and do well this year, I'd better not catch your *** at the ACC Championship Game in Canes colors. You can go ahead and keep rooting against us just to get rid of Golden if you want. Me...I can't do that...and I think it sucks that you can.

No fairies, etc. Duke won the Coastal last year with the 82nd ranked defense in the country. My hope is that with the upgrades we have, our D will at least improve to that sh**ty level. If so, we are in the running for the Coastal.

let me ask you this:

suppose that is true. suppose we could magically win the coastal (and then likely get embarrassed by FSU twice) with a less ****ty defense (like one ranked in the 70s or so). this would save F.A.G.s job even though we would still suck

why would you want that?

What I want and what I assume you want is the same thing, a 6th championship. Question is how we get there right? I'm not defending Golden & Co. My point is that ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about. Like tsimonitis posted, they picked us to win the coastal last year. This year, with more talent they predict 5 of 7 mediocre teams finish ahead of us. Cmon man.

Question for you, if we finish 5 or 6 in the Coastal but beat fsu, do you give Golden another year?

This is not a shocking development.

We have not been good.
We were bringing on a new starter at QB, then he got hurt, so we have an even bigger question mark at QB.
Our defense has been poor and we have lost players from that D.
We think those players were bad, because they were and that the replacements will be better, but that is still a question to be answered.
Our interior DL is still thin.
Our coaches are still a question mark.
Duke is not proven healthy.

Zone - if you don't like the list because you aren't satisfied with the level of anti-Golden hate, show yourself and respond instead of your ***** neg and run tactics.

Mods - if he can't post --- either let him post or get him the **** out of here.

Advertisement
HC @ Miami going into year 4. Is picked to finish in the basement.

Yet things will get better under current staff.

Guys will use the Cloud, Williams and any other excuses to muster up reason why we all should be cool with this.

Lol people still in the Stone Age with the thinking you have to have a good QB to win. Besides Winston & bridgewater who was a "Good" quaterback we faced?

Atlantic
1. FSU
2. UL
3. Clemson
4. Syracuse
5. NC STATE
6. BC
7. Wake

Coastal
1. V-Tech 8-4 (5-3)
2. UNC 8-4 (5-3)
3. PITT 8-4 (5-3)
4. DUKE 8-4 (4-4)
5. GT 7-5 (4-4)
6. Miami 7-5 (4-4)
7. Virginia 4-8 (2-6)

WOW what a slap in the face
UVA picked up some good players. They will be better than expected and that game will be tough for us. Don't mark it down as a guaranteed win.

Also Duke lost a productive QB, thats gonna cost them. According to VTs spring game, their 2 QBs were beyond terrible. I don't know how the Coastal will shake out but I wouldn't be surprised at any of the teams winning it. Its that wide open.

Advertisement
We are a QB and 2 solid DT's away from being a really good team. I hope Olsen or Kaaya really surprise us.

UVA picked up some good players. They will be better than expected and that game will be tough for us. Don't mark it down as a guaranteed win.

Also Duke lost a productive QB, thats gonna cost them. According to VTs spring game, their 2 QBs were beyond terrible. I don't know how the Coastal will shake out but I wouldn't be surprised at any of the teams winning it. Its that wide open.

UVA is going to need all the guys they can get to save London's job.

VT imo is up at the top. Largely because of their defense. That alone will be enough to keep them in games, and win a few.

Outside of them having one aspect of a solid team. The rest is just tossing **** at the wall.

Look at who all UNC lost.

Pitt wasn't even good enough to beat Golden last season. With a vet QB and a top DT.

We have talent, but will the coaching be it's downfall.

It's all Russian roulette at this point.

VT imo is up at the top. Largely because of their defense. That alone will be enough to keep them in games, and win a few.

Outside of them having one aspect of a solid team. The rest is just tossing **** at the wall.
VT lost a bunch of good players on D as well. Jack Tyler, James Gayle, Kyle Fuller, Antone Exum, JR Collins, and Derrick Hopkins are all gone. Foster always fields a pretty solid unit, but losing all of those guys is going to sting them more than you'd think.

I see a lot of *****ing, but who is making excuses in this thread?

The 4 years is the anti-Golden rallying cry like we are at a political parade. It also draws out other posters to examine the 4 years to compare if they were a fair and equal 4 years to other coaches --- this is labeled excuse making and slurping. All it does is set up for another bull**** thread.

Can't we just either say **** ESPN, thanks for giving the team a slap in the face, or cut the bull**** and start having mature discussions about it in general.

To me, the prediction is not a surprise. I made my list above of all the question marks and would rather get a ****** prediction than a good one ....."until we can prove we can stay there".....

OFFENSE:
If our QB is put in a position to let the players around him make plays, grasps that concept and extends drives with his legs and head more than Morris and Harris, we will be in a better place at that position.

If Duke proves healthy, Yearby proves healthy and Gus and Tucker are consistently on the top side of what we saw in the Spring, we will be better at that position.

At receiver, we need to maximize the playmaking ability of Coley and offset it with the skill sets of the other players - Dorsett, Scott, Malcolm, Herb and D'Mauri each have different qualities and we need to mix and match that without become predictable

Can Coach Coley adapt --- Was it him or Morris? ---- BIG QUESTION mark here. If the answer is positive, it can be really really positive for us.

DEFENSE -

I'm not sure the entire thing is not a question mark. We have more talent than we have had in years, but does it matter if the weak link on the DL and in the booth has not been fixed?

Advertisement
MY QUESTION IS WHEN THE FU@K IS SOMEONE, "A-N-Y-O-N-E-" FROM THIS PROGRAM GONNA GET FED UP WITH BEING DISRESPECTED AND START CHIN CK'N SOME OF THESE MUTHA FU@KERS?! GOT **** THIS **** IS BEYOND FU@KING OLD!!!!!

Advertisement
We are a QB and 2 solid DT's away from being a really good team. I hope Olsen or Kaaya really surprise us.

Basically. If one of the young QBs can manage the game, the offense should be solid. If the incoming DTs can be even moderately impactful, we should be able to see a difference and whether the Defense is really as terrible as it seems.

Lol people still in the Stone Age with the thinking you have to have a good QB to win. Besides Winston & bridgewater who was a "Good" quaterback we faced?

Yeah, totally right, you don't need a good player at the most important position to win.

Last 4 national champions:

FSU - Jameis (Heisman winner...if he stays out of the joint will be the #1 overall pick)
Alabama - McCarron (In his career he won the Maxwell, Unitas, was a 2 time second team All SEC and a Heisman finalist)
Alabama - McCarron
Auburn - Cam Newton (Heisman winner...#1 overall pick....could make an argument he had the best season of any college QB...EVER)

MY QUESTION IS WHEN THE FU@K IS SOMEONE, "A-N-Y-O-N-E-" FROM THIS PROGRAM GONNA GET FED UP WITH BEING DISRESPECTED AND START CHIN CK'N SOME OF THESE MUTHA FU@KERS?! GOT **** THIS **** IS BEYOND FU@KING OLD!!!!!

Administration down to the players accept mediocrity. We have zero fire in this program. It shows every Saturday during the fall.

Advertisement
Back