Espn take on um draft entrees

Phydeaux

Senior
Miami OT Brandon Washington
Washington is a 6-4, 320-pounder who played left tackle for the Hurricanes but fits better at guard in the NFL. He lacks athleticism and balance, needs to improve his footwork and technique, and is a heavy-footed player who struggles to move laterally.

He also doesn't sustain and falls off too many blocks, and given Washington's issues in space he will be forced inside at the next level. He does show some strength when locked on, but in the end he's a mid-to-late-round prospect who would have done well to spend another year in college honing his footwork and technique.

Miami WR Tommy Streeter
A wiry 6-5 207-pounder, Streeter is a limited route-runner who struggles to drop his weight and transition into breaks. He can't run all the underneath routes, and I question his ability to separate from NFL defensive backs. Streeter does have deceiving top-end speed and can get downfield at times, but he doesn't have natural hands and often struggles to bring the ball in. He's another mid-to-late-rounder who should be returning to campus to try to improve his stock.

Advertisement
Not very complimentary of those two, but I mostly agree
the assessment. Neither of those guys should be leaving early.

Advertisement
Montee Ball, Landry Jones, Luck came back last year, Broyles.

Why do we have the only dummies who leave as soon as they're eligible?

Montee Ball, Landry Jones, Luck came back last year, Broyles.

Why do we have the only dummies who leave as soon as they're eligible?

Because they are not mentally tough enough to continue their career. Not putting them down, but I dont think they could handle another season and to possibly play for nothing if the sanctions come down.

Both those guys lost a lot of $$ leaving early
IMO so did miller

miller had a great first half..........second half........not so much

hes also going to face alot of questions about his shoulder injury and durability

3rd/4th round vs 1st/2nd round = alot of cash

Advertisement
It still blows my mind as to why they left early. I mean they can't be that dumb can they?
I really don't get it either.

Shapiro-300x189.jpg

The issue was most of those guys just didnt want to be part of the program anymore. What other reason could there be for them leaving early? !st round status?...Nope! No eligibility?...Nope! Asked transfer, or scholly not renewed?..Nope! I believe these guys just got worn out from the constant change in the program, which also played a huge role in the enormous amount of immaturity on this team. This team has more talent then just about every team in the ACC not named Clemson and FL St and I'd argue about both. Before anyone bashes my comment, think! Go back to every game we've played and look at the reason why we didnt look like champions. Find me ONE TEAM this year we played that was just obviously more talented than us. Our issue is STABILITY! With that talent will stay home, and maturity will settle in.

By the way...who do you guys think will get cut from the team out of the 12-15 players who supposedly wont be with us going forward?

Advertisement
The issue was most of those guys just didnt want to be part of the program anymore. What other reason could there be for them leaving early? !st round status?...Nope! No eligibility?...Nope! Asked transfer, or scholly not renewed?..Nope! I believe these guys just got worn out from the constant change in the program, which also played a huge role in the enormous amount of immaturity on this team. This team has more talent then just about every team in the ACC not named Clemson and FL St and I'd argue about both. Before anyone bashes my comment, think! Go back to every game we've played and look at the reason why we didnt look like champions. Find me ONE TEAM this year we played that was just obviously more talented than us. Our issue is STABILITY! With that talent will stay home, and maturity will settle in.

By the way...who do you guys think will get cut from the team out of the 12-15 players who supposedly wont be with us going forward?

+100000
I totally agree... We had enought talent to compete its obvious from the results of our games but as usual we lost to teams we shouldnt have... I do think it was emotionally and mentally draining during these guys college tenure and a lot of them just did not want to come back... I do think everyone could have used the extra year but hey it is what it is...

Miller will go late first round early second...Streeter will go in the 3rd to 4th round could be a late 2nd depends on how his work outs go.....Washington will go between rounds 2 and 3...

Advertisement
Yes we did have enough talent to compete this year. ANd that we did; we were in every game until the end. However, lack of team chemistry and lack of quality defensive depth will make that talent go 6-6 very easily.

Virtually everyone one of Miami's early entries is a big question mark IMO.

Every single one of our early entries should be coming back. I see undrafted and unable to hold on to an NFL gig for a couple of them.

Both those guys lost a lot of $$ leaving early

I'm starting to think that Jacory pushed the whole class he came in with, out with him. I originally thought it was nonsense, but I'm starting to believe that they're following their butt-hurt "leader"......

Advertisement
Back