Espn take on um draft entrees

A big reason alot of these kids are jumping is the the whole " NFL-U" crapola. I always felt that slogan did more harm than good. Some high school players bought into that and came here and half assed their way through UM with the sole intention of making it to the league.

Now that in itself isn't a bad thing. Setting high goals and wanting to play pro ball is great. But a big chunk of the recent classes, forgot about the part of ballin on Saturday because they had both eyes on Sunday.

This year more than ever I think was a case of house cleaning,coupled with the NFL-U mindset. Give me the Ed Reed's who cried because he HAD TO LEAVE. Dude wanted to stay another year. Cried like a baby when his senior year was over.

My wish is that this incoming class and the ones that follow will be just as excited to play for UM and give max effort. Do that and the NFL will find you.

Advertisement
Selfish class really...came in together and wanted to leave together no matter what. Cannot believe Streeter declared.

Streeter's situation is different... If he comes back he'll have a new qb throwing to him, and plus you never know what the sanctions will lead to.. He probaby doesn't want to waste another year playing on a mediocre team.. It might be in his best interest to leave and start his NFL career early...

MODERATOR STATEMENT:

Duval - please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miller may be under valued. I don't think we would have won over 3 games without him this year, (maybe less) and his absence will be very visible next season.

Our Oline was pushed around so much, and notice James got smacked down routinely (especally when we needed short yardage), while James broke through

I really fear that next year without Miller and with Morris at QB, we are going to win few games.

Advertisement
Miller may be under valued. I don't think we would have won over 3 games without him this year, (maybe less) and his absence will be very visible next season.

Our Oline was pushed around so much, and notice James got smacked down routinely (especally when we needed short yardage), while James broke through

I really fear that next year without Miller and with Morris at QB, we are going to win few games.

One of the most confusing things I have ever read.

Whoever wrote that doesn't know ****.

I don't think I disagree with almost any of the substantive stuff mentioned about Tommy Streeter. Where he'll go in the draft may be another story, but

(1) he is a limited route-runner right now,
(2) he does sometimes struggle to sink
(3) he sometimes seems awkward catching the ball
(4) he doesn't always attack the ball.

Streeter should have come back and polished his game. I've mentioned it a bunch of times and I'll say it again: his risk/reward for coming back outweighed his risk/reward for leaving. *This assumes there weren't underlying NCAA investigation things that led to the decision.

Streeter seemed to have the biggest ceiling from a draft standpoint if he had produced as a senior. Coming out early likely cost him millions. Hope he has a great combine and gets with a team that can coach him up. Maybe the patriots?

Whoever wrote that doesn't know ****.

I don't think I disagree with almost any of the substantive stuff mentioned about Tommy Streeter. Where he'll go in the draft may be another story, but

(1) he is a limited route-runner right now,
(2) he does sometimes struggle to sink
(3) he sometimes seems awkward catching the ball
(4) he doesn't always attack the ball.

Streeter should have come back and polished his game. I've mentioned it a bunch of times and I'll say it again: his risk/reward for coming back outweighed his risk/reward for leaving. *This assumes there weren't underlying NCAA investigation things that led to the decision.

Streeter seemed to have the biggest ceiling from a draft standpoint if he had produced as a senior. Coming out early likely cost him millions. Hope he has a great combine and gets with a team that can coach him up. Maybe the patriots?

As a canes fan its pretty bad that we hope all our future NFL canes go to the patriots so they can get "coached"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back