Espn take on um draft entrees

Both those guys lost a lot of $$ leaving early
IMO so did miller

miller had a great first half..........second half........not so much

hes also going to face alot of questions about his shoulder injury and durability

3rd/4th round vs 1st/2nd round = alot of cash

Miller leaving was absolutely the right move. He gains very little by coming back. Not that it means anything about McShay has him in the top 30.

And FWIW, both those guys in OP get drafted higher then that article states. Streeter should have come back though.

Advertisement

I'm starting to think that Jacory pushed the whole class he came in with, out with him. I originally thought it was nonsense, but I'm starting to believe that they're following their butt-hurt "leader"......

Okay here we go again starting rumors... First he faked injuries, then he was cancer because he didnt like the coaches and now he's convincing everyone to leave with him... Please stop this... This is why we our fanbase is developing a bad rep... I hope all of these guys succeed because a lot of them didnt get the support from our fanbase... We show more love for opposing team's players...

I'm starting to think that Jacory pushed the whole class he came in with, out with him. I originally thought it was nonsense, but I'm starting to believe that they're following their butt-hurt "leader"......

How in the **** is Jacory butt hurt? Sure he ****ed off the entire fan base with his play on the field, but you are really reaching with this one.

How in the **** is Jacory butt hurt? Sure he ****ed off the entire fan base with his play on the field, but you are really reaching with this one.

I saw the comment on one of the boards somewhere, and I'm starting to believe it. That is all.

And the theory is/was that him and the entire MNW crew are/were ****ed that Shannon got canned, and that the exodus of the Juniors was encouraged by Jacory.

I said it could be baseless and nonsense, but like I said, something feels true about it. Not trolling here....

Advertisement

Okay here we go again starting rumors... First he faked injuries, then he was cancer because he didnt like the coaches and now he's convincing everyone to leave with him... Please stop this... This is why we our fanbase is developing a bad rep... I hope all of these guys succeed because a lot of them didnt get the support from our fanbase... We show more love for opposing team's players...

I'm an Alumni and have donated a substantial amount of money to the program since Butch was our HC. I was technically classified as a booster for many of those years, and still hold 4 club level season tickets, despite moving 8,000 miles away from Miami. I bleed Orange and Green, so I kindly ask that you not preach to me about "fanbase".

Personally, I wish every one of our players well, I always have. I wish them all a successful future, especially those who got their degrees, and I hope they continue to be ambassadors of the University as professionals, in the NFL or the boardroom. I wish all my fellow Alumni well. I help them with jobs and work whenever possible, and always look for ways to help them.

That said, as I already noted in an earlier post, I read something somewhere online that just felt true. It could be total nonsense, which I did point out.... I already qualified that it could be nonsense....

But I'm not the originator of the comment. Am I spreading a rumor? It could be seen that way. But rumors like this one usually get vetted pretty quickly on message boards, and I qualified the comment.

Truth be told, it could be all due to Rosenhaus' persuasive nature, but something is bugging me about the way that BWash and Vernon declared, it feels like there's something going on there. And I latched on to the Jacory story as possibly believable. Perhaps using the "butt-hurt" term was inappropriate towards Jacory, if it was not the intention to offend but more to classify and frame the statement.

It's much more offensive to me when someone posts that a current student athlete "sucks". While they're not immune to criticism, current players are just big kids, and should be treated as such.... I even get offended when people classify guys who played 5 years at the U as "busts". So there is no disrespect meant to Jacory, but again something doesn't feel right with the way those guys left.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote that doesn't know ****.

I don't think I disagree with almost any of the substantive stuff mentioned about Tommy Streeter. Where he'll go in the draft may be another story, but

(1) he is a limited route-runner right now,
(2) he does sometimes struggle to sink
(3) he sometimes seems awkward catching the ball
(4) he doesn't always attack the ball.

Streeter should have come back and polished his game. I've mentioned it a bunch of times and I'll say it again: his risk/reward for coming back outweighed his risk/reward for leaving. *This assumes there weren't underlying NCAA investigation things that led to the decision.

With the new labor deal you make more money on your second contract than your first. The left to start the clock early.

Advertisement
I'm going to say it as nicely as possible. Those guys, with the exception of Miller, are not very bright.

After re-reading my own stupidity I posted above. I'm imposing a self ban of from posting for one day. Apologies for being a douche.

With the running backs coming out, I don't see how Miller goes until the mid 2nd round. His resume just doesn't compare and he seems as if he tailed off a lot the 2nd half of the year.

I'd take Wilson and Richardson ahead of him.

Miller will go late first round early second...Streeter will go in the 3rd to 4th round could be a late 2nd depends on how his work outs go.....Washington will go between rounds 2 and 3...

Advertisement
From a financial standpoint I would agree, but otherwise this is a terrible move. The last thing someone should give up is their senior year in college unless they have to. It is still one easily one of the best years of my life and I certainly couldn't layer on being a superstar player in a great city like Miami and the chance to get better under a coach like Golden. Everyone thinks the NFL is so great, but it is a business and their is a reason why these guys all end up moaning about it once they find out. A paycheck, new car and house are all nice, but being patient and waiting one year is the smarter move in most cases.

I know this view is laughed at, but I'd give an awful lot to spend another year on campus.

IMO so did miller

miller had a great first half..........second half........not so much

hes also going to face alot of questions about his shoulder injury and durability

3rd/4th round vs 1st/2nd round = alot of cash

Miller leaving was absolutely the right move. He gains very little by coming back. Not that it means anything about McShay has him in the top 30.

And FWIW, both those guys in OP get drafted higher then that article states. Streeter should have come back though.

It still blows my mind as to why they left early. I mean they can't be that dumb can they?
I really don't get it either.

That was my initial thought as well but it doesn't explain Streeter ... IIRC, he was not one of the players suspended this year so why would he be worried about implications related to Shapiro for next year? If he was involved in any way he would have (likely) been one of the players suspended this past season. Even if UM does get hit wish suspensions it wouldn't keep Streeter off the field.

It still blows my mind as to why they left early. I mean they can't be that dumb can they?
I really don't get it either.

Bad advice, they needed someone to sit them down and be brutally honest with them about their future and I doubt that happened. Or they hated school so much they were willing to sacrifice first round money to leave early.

Advertisement

I saw the comment on one of the boards somewhere, and I'm starting to believe it. That is all.

And the theory is/was that him and the entire MNW crew are/were ****ed that Shannon got canned, and that the exodus of the Juniors was encouraged by Jacory.

I said it could be baseless and nonsense, but like I said, something feels true about it. Not trolling here....

From everything I've read, Streeter was a big fan of Golden so I doubt his leaving has anything to do with the coach or the rest of MNW being ****ed off. I'm guessing he's just taking the advice of his agent and leaving early.

Montee Ball, Landry Jones, Luck came back last year, Broyles.

Why do we have the only dummies who leave as soon as they're eligible?

Bcuz they dont care about Miami's win/loss record..............they want to promote their own brand

Truth be told, it could be all due to Rosenhaus' persuasive nature, but something is bugging me about the way that BWash and Vernon declared, it feels like there's something going on there. And I latched on to the Jacory story as possibly believable. Perhaps using the "butt-hurt" term was inappropriate towards Jacory, if it was not the intention to offend but more to classify and frame the statement.

Why would jacory talk other players into leaving (and if he did why would they listen), all he would preach about is how he wanted to say for another year. i dont think he did, but if anyone pushed these kids out it was Golden. Currently Ray Ray is the only player on our roster that was involved with Shapiro.

I personally dont think that anyone pushed these kids out, i believe they simply didnt buy into Golden's system and they left

Advertisement
Back