ESPN Ridley Story Comment

The Ridleys are some frauds man...both Ridleys was essentially redshirted in high school. They are older than everyone.

Calvin Ridley is the same age of Amari Cooper yet Amari was in the NFL for 3 years before Calvin was. Riley Ridley is 22 I believe.

Advertisement
If the likes of Billy Cohen weren't soooo busy trying to leech off of and shade Miami then they'd do some real documentary/investigative journalism work about the going-ons in the $EC.

We've yet to see a mainstream definitive documentary style expose of this racket and it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for any legitimate filmmaker/journalist.

The occasional article about boosters that gets one day of relevance on eSECpn's website and then gets buried/forgotten ain't it.

No link. It was an ESPN story that featured Riley and his mother. They will probably rerun it since it's a pre-draft piece or you can probably look it up on ESPN's website.

Are you referring to this one from Jan 2018, ESPN maybe rehashing the bones of the article.

Advertisement
Interesting view into the Ridley's past

Kids on average get about a $2000 a month stipend

That's a bold face Lie, stop it Tweed. UGA and Clemson's bidding wars have driven the Bagman's rates up to 2500 /month. Please respect my decision # gottofeeddafam.

Go Canes

Eventually after all the bribes and kick backs no longer worked for all mobsters, so too will the NCAA as an institution come down, and hard.

I did not know that organized crime in America had been defeated.

People just don't seem to get this. "The NCAA" is not a stand alone "institution". It is a function of its member institutions; the schools. The NCAA has exactly as much power and authority as its member schools allow. At one historical point, some schools felt they needed NCAA membership because they felt they had to be able to participate in NCAA sanctioned competitions. Now, particularly after the autonomy vote (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...d-votes-allow-autonomy-five-power-conferences) that is clearly not the case. The NCAA now needs the schools, and particularly particular conferences.

If NCAA member schools really did not want a rule, there would be no NCAA rule. If member schools really want this bull**** amateurism definition/explanation, then that is what the NCAA gets them.

The NCAA is far more puppet (and scapegoat) than independent enforcement organization. You are not fighting against the NCAA, you are fighting its membership disguised as the NCAA.

Advertisement
I did not know that organized crime in America had been defeated.

People just don't seem to get this. "The NCAA" is not a stand alone "institution". It is a function of its member institutions; the schools. The NCAA has exactly as much power and authority as its member schools allow. At one historical point, some schools felt they needed NCAA membership because they felt they had to be able to participate in NCAA sanctioned competitions. Now, particularly after the autonomy vote (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...d-votes-allow-autonomy-five-power-conferences) that is clearly not the case. The NCAA now needs the schools, and particularly particular conferences.

If NCAA member schools really did not want a rule, there would be no NCAA rule. If member schools really want this bull**** amateurism definition/explanation, then that is what the NCAA gets them.

The NCAA is far more puppet (and scapegoat) than independent enforcement organization. You are not fighting against the NCAA, you are fighting its membership disguised as the NCAA.
I agree that the ncaa is nothing more than the sum of the schools it represents. They do what schools want, because the ncaa is those schools.

What’s the deal w that autonomy rule, tho? That article is 5 years old, and it doesn’t seem anything’s changed.

If the likes of Billy Cohen weren't soooo busy trying to leech off of and shade Miami then they'd do some real documentary/investigative journalism work about the going-ons in the $EC.

We've yet to see a mainstream definitive documentary style expose of this racket and it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for any legitimate filmmaker/journalist.

The occasional article about boosters that gets one day of relevance on eSECpn's website and then gets buried/forgotten ain't it.

You are so right. We’re talking award-winning documentary, if someone actually makes the effort.

Here’s another award-winning documentary.

An investigation into a multiple shooting in Gainesville in the middle of the street. And the cover up that followed.

You know what I’m talking about when Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson shot up a car in the middle of the streets of Gainesville, shooting one guy in the head, and how urban Meyer and the athletic department in conjunction with the Gainesville Police Department covered it all up.

If you can’t make a documentary out of that, why have documentaries? It’s a great story, and most people don’t even know about it.

Last edited:
I don’t know, but why would you be the guy that brings it up? His family comes from different circumstances chief.

And people wonder why we can’t have bags at Miami.

I would imagine the point is .. why cry about other people dropping bags when we have kids in new whips, wearing gold ropes and buying new kicks weekly ?

Advertisement
I agree that the ncaa is nothing more than the sum of the schools it represents. They do what schools want, because the ncaa is those schools.

What’s the deal w that autonomy rule, tho? That article is 5 years old, and it doesn’t seem anything’s changed.

Oh yes; it has. For a starter see the whole "stipend" issue. https://www.expressnews.com/sports/...st-of-attendance-stipends-paying-13132632.php. Then understand that vote allows the Power 5 to make rules, together and as individual conferences, separate from the other NCAA schools. This was a very big deal and, maybe, a primary reason the Power 5 did not leave the NCAA.

Advertisement
You are so right. We’re talking award-winning documentsry, if someone actually makes the effort.

An investigation into a multiple shooting in Gainesville in the middle of the street. And the cover up that followed.

You know what I’m talking about when Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson shot up a car in the middle of the streets of Gainesville, shooting one guy in the head, and how urban Meyer and the athletic department in conjunction with the Gainesville Police Department covered it all up.

If you can’t make a documentary out of that, why have documentaries? It’s a great story, and most people don’t even know about it.

Where can I find more about this? I'm one of those that knows nothing about it.

Kids on average get about a $2000 a month stipend

Very true. My wife attended a D1 school on a full athletic scholarship and she made enough money to cover all of her expenses and all of her flights home. She literally had more money and more things after college then she had when she arrived. Most of her teammates (track) leased vehicles. My wife actually purchased a cheap vehicle on a student loan her junior year.

You are so right. We’re talking award-winning documentsry, if someone actually makes the effort.

1000%. The general public thinks Hernandez was just a "bad guy" at UiF.

I would also LOVE to see the look on Saint Teblows face too if anyone ever got more than .8 secs to delve into his personal history and memory of Hernandez in Gainesville. Gronk and the Golden Boy have somehow also managed to pretend like they never met the guy.

Kinda amazing that we had guys murdered and the media managed to somehow initially tar our program by association but UiF essentially harbored at best a future murderer/possible serial killer and it was basically radio silence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back