ESPN Ridley Story Comment

Very happy for these kids and their mom. A great story of perseverance after their father was deported. Homeless and mom losing custody for 3 years. My question, being a college grad and poor essentially, but having 2 parents helping me while in school. How can a kid from a situation far below my own, get or afford a Dodge Challenger "with rims" while in colledge with no job, no income (can't work while on scholie) and no way of paying for a 40K car? I'm no attorney, but racketeers have to show how they acquired their assets, material or otherwise. How the NCAA and other legal agencies turn a blind eye to this is just another example of preferential prosecution and enforcement in American society.

Advertisement

Advertisement
*****ing about it on here is a waste of time. What do you want to accomplish, some likes and a few pats on the back for being observative?

We all get it, but its $$$ that talks, and you too will see it one day. Just keep working hard to get your education, open a few car lots in South Florida and become a UM booster. Help even the playing field.

*****ing about it on here is a waste of time. What do you want to accomplish, some likes and a few pats on the back for being observative?

We all get it, but its $$$ that talks, and you too will see it one day. Just keep working hard to get your education, open a few car lots in South Florida and become a UM booster. Help even the playing field.

Why are you so mad? Did this hurt your feelings?

Advertisement
Theres 2 ridley's. I'm pretty sure one went in the first rd so he has money to buy his lil bro a whip. And how are you in college when you spell it "colledge"?
I should have said Ridley 1. I am not in college, grad 85, MBA 89. Own my own business, but am intrigued by how something so obvious at one school doesn't raise an eyebrow and elicits the NCAA drum up phony charges on another.

Advertisement
Very happy for these kids and their mom. A great story of perseverance after their father was deported. Homeless and mom losing custody for 3 years. My question, being a college grad and poor essentially, but having 2 parents helping me while in school. How can a kid from a situation far below my own, get or afford a Dodge Challenger "with rims" while in colledge with no job, no income (can't work while on scholie) and no way of paying for a 40K car? I'm no attorney, but racketeers have to show how they acquired their assets, material or otherwise. How the NCAA and other legal agencies turn a blind eye to this is just another example of preferential prosecution and enforcement in American society.

Link to story please.

Go Canew

I should have said Ridley 1. I am not in college, grad 85, MBA 89. Own my own business, but am intrigued by how something so obvious at one school doesn't raise an eyebrow and elicits the NCAA drum up phony charges on another.

Saban is pretty brilliant and so are his greasy *** boosters at Alabama.

The kids aren't driving Mercedes from his dealerships, they routinely seem to get Chargers, Challengers, and the like.

So, get the parents to pay something like $500-$1,000 down on a car, and then finance the kid or parent for $20 a month instead of the $540 a month it might cost....kid bolts to NFL early, have an arrangement for the car to be turned back in. Completely legal sadly...no law that says a dealership can't take a wash on a sale/lease if they want. Sure, the illicit benefits argument can be made for the 96.5% or whatever saving they receive, but Emmert would never dare look into that.

UM

Advertisement
Saban is pretty brilliant and so are his greasy *** boosters at Alabama.

The kids aren't driving Mercedes from his dealerships, they routinely seem to get Chargers, Challengers, and the like.

So, get the parents to pay something like $500-$1,000 down on a car, and then finance the kid or parent for $20 a month instead of the $540 a month it might cost....kid bolts to NFL early, have an arrangement for the car to be turned back in. Completely legal sadly...no law that says a dealership can't take a wash on a sale/lease if they want. Sure, the illicit benefits argument can be made for the 96.5% or whatever saving they receive, but Emmert would never dare look into that.

UM
Thanks man, but I know an Arab dude who went to prison selling cars to people without proper financial details and not following federal requirements. Sounds much the same.

Advertisement
Back